Emma Watson Looking Forward to Filming Ron/Hermione Scenes from Silver Doe Chapter for "Deathly Hallows"

Watson
December 12, 2008, 01:32 PM

Actress Emma Watson has given a new interview to MTV, where she discusses the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie. Noting she has not yet discussed with co-star Rupert Grint the romance and kiss their characters share, Emma Watson is most looking forward to filming another scene between the couple: the emotional reunion that takes place in Chapter 19, "The Silver Doe." Quotage:

“The scene that really touched me is Ron’s betrayal of Hermione, him leaving her. There’s that wonderful scene where he comes back and Hermione just launches herself at him and starts hitting him and is uncontrollably angry at him and disappointed in him for abandoning her. I’m looking forward to that because it felt very real when I read it.”

She also goes on to remark on the events and future of the couple we learn in the epilogue. “I was thrilled really. Ron was the right person for her to be with. I think it was amazing that they had kids. It was perfect.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

littlestar

That will certainly be a scene Im looking forward to!

Posted by littlestar on December 12, 2008, 01:36 PM report to moderator
Saturn

LOZ THAT WAS MY FAVE PART. HERMIONE PWNED RON!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDD

Posted by Saturn on December 12, 2008, 01:49 PM report to moderator
gwedalyn32

RON AND HERMIONE FOREVERRR <3

Posted by gwedalyn32 on December 12, 2008, 01:54 PM report to moderator
amit

that’s a great part of the book, but i really like harry’s meeting with dumbledore in the chapter King’s Cross

Posted by amit on December 12, 2008, 02:04 PM report to moderator
Ponette

I’m looking forward to seeing her do something that’s just completely passionate and out of control. :)

Posted by Ponette on December 12, 2008, 02:09 PM report to moderator
tibby-lue

me too

Posted by tibby-lue on December 12, 2008, 02:13 PM report to moderator
decarus

I agree this was a great scene in the book. It did seem very real when i read it. I think it will be great to see.

Posted by decarus on December 12, 2008, 02:22 PM report to moderator
anne

I’m really looking forward to that too and hope she does it justice. I love the book description of Hermione’s angry reaction to Rons return and I hope ‘they don’t make it soppy and emotional instead.

But Ron’s walkout is not so much a betrayal of Hermione as a betrayal of Harry.

Posted by anne on December 12, 2008, 03:23 PM report to moderator
movielover

I can’t wait to see that scene, as well as the kissing scene, of course.

Posted by movielover on December 12, 2008, 03:30 PM report to moderator
Emily

Maybe if they do something to get Emma angry before the scene, it will be more realistic. Not that I’m saying she can’t do it, but you can’t really fake that flush you get when you’re truely angry.

Posted by Emily on December 12, 2008, 03:48 PM report to moderator
Ginger

I agree, anne. Hermione was furious because Ron left both Harry and her; he promised to stick with Harry but he walked out.

I hope they don’t make it a soppy scene, especially the poignant hug between Ron and Harry; I liked that part the best.

Posted by Ginger on December 12, 2008, 03:58 PM report to moderator
galadriel12

anne, I agree, Ron hurt both Harry and Hermione. However, I don’t think he betrayed them. This would assume intent. I feel Ron didn’t think at all when he ran out of the tent. He lost his temper and ran off to cool down. He wanted to return immediately but was hindered by the Snatchers and when he came back to their campsite it was too late.

I think Hermione felt betrayed though. And that’s why she lost it when she saw him again. I also hope they are able to show this scene accordingly. Unfortunately the WB has a record of changing things around. :/

Posted by galadriel12 on December 12, 2008, 04:06 PM report to moderator
ScottMan

I’ll bet they change the Ron/Hermione kiss to a little peck while Ron’s eyes are closed.

_ hehe

Posted by ScottMan on December 12, 2008, 04:17 PM report to moderator
Tim

I think Ron leaving was a major betrayal to Hermione. Hermione loved him. His leaving was very personal to her. Even more so than Harry. But utvwas a betrayal to both. I think Ron did something that she could never understand.

Posted by Tim on December 12, 2008, 04:17 PM report to moderator
Tim

Very funny Scottman. I don’t think Ron and Hermione’s kiss could be any worse than Harry and Ginny. But Harry and Hermione’s kiss better not be hotter than R/hr. You know darn well Dan will return Emma’s kiss with gusto!

Posted by Tim on December 12, 2008, 04:22 PM report to moderator

The school nurse had seen what Aunt Petunia's eyes -- so sharp when it came to spotting fingerprints on her gleaming walls, and in observing the comings and goings of the neighbors -- simply refused to see: that far from needing extra nourishment, Dudley

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014