Tickets Now Available for Harry Potter: The Exhibit Opening April 30, 2009 in Chicago, Props from HBP Included

Movies
December 11, 2008, 11:16 AM

Earlier this morning we told you Harry Potter: The Exhibit would be opening at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry on April 30, 2009. Concept Art is now available in our galleries: Great Hall, and the Gryffindor Common Room, with the Exhibition Official Poster hereTickets for the exhibition are now available via this link. According to the Museum website, ticket prices are as follows:

Tickets for this upcoming exhibit are currently available for online purchase only. Harry Potter: The Exhibition requires a timed-entry ticket, either during regular Museum hours or during extended evening hours from Museum closing until 9 p.m.

Combination tickets (good for general Museum admission and Harry Potter: The Exhibition) are $26 for adults, $25 for seniors and $19 for children ages 3-11. Between Museum closing and 9 p.m., exhibit-only tickets are $18 for adults and seniors, and $15 for children ages 3-11

The Museum also states the exhibition (occupying some 10,000 square feet) have props and artifacts seen in the Harry Potter films, and notes these will "be displayed in elaborate settings inspired by locations from Hogwarts™ School of Witchcraft and Wizardry including the Gryffindor™ common room, Hagrid’s hut and the Great Hall. Guests will also get their first glimpse at items from the next film, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince™, which is scheduled to open in theaters on July 17, 2009."

In a release sent to us at Leaky, David Heyman is quoted as saying:

“Since 2000, when we began production on the adaptation of the first of Jo Rowling’s remarkable books, we have had the great privilege of working with some of the most talented artists and craftsman in the world,” said David Heyman, the producer of the Harry Potter films. “We are delighted that fans will finally have the opportunity to see, in person, some of their favorite props and costumes. We are looking forward to audiences enjoying the care, creativity and attention to detail involved in their making, just as we do each and every day on set.

The release also quotes reps from WB and the Museum noting: “We are proud to present this unique exhibition, which captures the magic of Harry Potter and will give fans of all ages a front row seat to some of the most iconic artifacts and scenic elements from the beloved films,” said Brad Globe, President, Warner Bros. Consumer Products.  “We are pleased to debut this very special exhibit in Chicago at the Museum of Science and Industry.” “The Harry Potter series has captivated the imaginations of children and adults throughout the world,” said David Mosena, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Museum of Science and Industry.  “We are delighted to be working with Exhibitgroup/Giltspur and Warner Bros. Consumer Products to bring this wonderful exhibition to life as it embodies our Museum’s mission of inspiring the inventive genius in everyone.”

The Harry Potter Exhibition will be in Chicago from April 30, 2009 until September 7, 2009 before traveling on to other cities here in the US and internationally.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Saul Perez

is the Exhibition moving? or is it just gonna stay in Chicago? and where is it going if it travels?

Posted by Saul Perez on December 11, 2008, 11:22 AM report to moderator
Stephanie

Gosh, why is everthing so far away from me? I really wanted to go see the Mary Grandpre exhibit too but it’s so far away! Ugh.. :(

Posted by Stephanie on December 11, 2008, 11:32 AM report to moderator
Lexi

Wow, that’s a long time. I’m sure I can find one weekend this summer to drive the 3 hours to Chicago.

Posted by Lexi on December 11, 2008, 11:36 AM report to moderator
Katie

yay, something where I live!

Posted by Katie on December 11, 2008, 11:59 AM report to moderator
Katie

yay, something where I live!

Posted by Katie on December 11, 2008, 11:59 AM report to moderator
Orchid

But whens it coming to England?!!!!

Posted by Orchid on December 11, 2008, 12:03 PM report to moderator
Jen

IS anyone else having trouble purchasing tickets? The site is running really slow and everytimes it transacts my purchase it tells me there has been an error and that I have exceeded th 10 minute limit, when I inly spent like 3 minutes purchasing? I have tried over and over and it keeps doing that, anyone else experiencing this?

Posted by Jen on December 11, 2008, 12:04 PM report to moderator
HudMug1712

FFS why isnt there an exhibition in the UK
where the author is and the books are set
america gets everything and its so fudging annoying

Posted by HudMug1712 on December 11, 2008, 12:06 PM report to moderator
Moody One

Why oh why is everything hours from me! I would love to see this. I hope they have an Exhibition near me.

Posted by Moody One on December 11, 2008, 12:06 PM report to moderator
Jen

Finally got it to work, got my tickets! can’t wait to see this!! Anyone know if they allow photography?

Posted by Jen on December 11, 2008, 12:18 PM report to moderator
Lindsay

I’m only getting the option to purchase tickets with general admission – anyone know where to get tickets just for the exhibit?

Posted by Lindsay on December 11, 2008, 12:44 PM report to moderator
LemonFaerie

Oh, I hope it comes to Seattle!!!!

Posted by LemonFaerie on December 11, 2008, 01:32 PM report to moderator
kamion

$26,- for adults, is that a normal price for an exhibition?
I think it’s pretty pricy.

Posted by kamion on December 11, 2008, 03:48 PM report to moderator
anna

is chicago the only place in the US it will be? i hope not!

Posted by anna on December 11, 2008, 04:28 PM report to moderator
LeAnne

That $26.00 price also gets you admission into the museum. There are less expensive tickets available for evening hours (after the main museum is closed) for the HP exhibit only.

Posted by LeAnne on December 11, 2008, 04:44 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I accidentally set a boa constrictor on my cousin Dudley at the zoo once -- long story -- but it was telling me it had never seen Brazil and I sort of set it free without meaning to -- that was before I knew I was a wizard --"