Live PotterCast Recording

PotterCast
Posted by: Melissa
December 11, 2008, 07:25 PM

(Update: We're done, and had a ton of fun. Thanks, guys! We'll give more warning next time.)

Hey guys: We're trying a new thing on PotterCast this week using TalkShoe so that you can listen as we record the episode. We're live right now, so here's what you do:

If you would like to listen via the Internet, click here. You will be directed to a chat, but do not have to be a member to be part of it nor do you have to actually chat. Audio of the recording should start playing on your computer.

If you would like to listen via phone, you can call 1.724.444.7444 and enter the call ID 28012#. You will then be prompted to enter a pin number:

-If you are a member of TalkShoe (you don't have to be) you can enter your TalkShoe pin ID to be recognized by your name on the call.
-If you are not a member of TalkShoe, you simply follow the instructions (most likely pressing "1" and then "#") to listen in on the call.

We will routinely be taking questions from the chat and from callers, so please join us! And mind the nargles: They always show up when we try out new technology. See you there!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

10thWeasley

YES!! Listening in!!

Posted by 10thWeasley on December 11, 2008, 08:03 PM report to moderator
10thWeasley

It’s not working, am I the only one it’s not working?

Posted by 10thWeasley on December 11, 2008, 08:07 PM report to moderator
Not working for me either

Nope, not me. “Waiting for www.talkshoe.com…”

Posted by Not working for me either on December 11, 2008, 08:20 PM report to moderator
il0veseamus

i got it on the phone but not online.. :( what happen to blogtv?

Posted by il0veseamus on December 11, 2008, 08:23 PM report to moderator
10thWeasley

YAY, it worked and I got on!!!

Posted by 10thWeasley on December 11, 2008, 08:24 PM report to moderator
Tim

This is nice, but I joined on as the recording ended. Perhaps you guys could give us a bit of a warning next time for those of us who haven’t checked Leaky in the past hour or so?

Posted by Tim on December 11, 2008, 08:25 PM report to moderator
il0ceseamus

okay im on now…

Posted by il0ceseamus on December 11, 2008, 08:29 PM report to moderator
melissa

Tim, we’re stil recording :)

Posted by melissa on December 11, 2008, 08:31 PM report to moderator
Tim

OH. ok. the recording just wasnt working for me. Errr. Yeah. But a warning would still be nice…

Posted by Tim on December 11, 2008, 08:32 PM report to moderator
Melissa

Well, this is just the first time. :) We’ll have more warning next tiem. :)

Posted by Melissa on December 11, 2008, 08:35 PM report to moderator
Tim

reddens with embarrassment
I should probably check that stuff out before I go and write this stuff out.

THIS IS SO COOL. :)

Posted by Tim on December 11, 2008, 08:36 PM report to moderator
Jen-en-en-a!!!

not working for me either way :( giant snowstorm happening right now, i’m a actually amazed this computer is working. Loving how Pottercast is expanding, there’s always something wicked cool from you guys. Happy podcasting!

Posted by Jen-en-en-a!!! on December 11, 2008, 08:44 PM report to moderator
10thWeasley

Wait, did John just saw something about watching the show too?! Where can I do this?

Posted by 10thWeasley on December 11, 2008, 08:44 PM report to moderator
Tim

Well yes. It turns out that my volume was on mute! No wonder I could hear nothing. (yes, I lack in common sense…)

Posted by Tim on December 11, 2008, 08:47 PM report to moderator
SarahW

That was tons of fun… :)

Posted by SarahW on December 11, 2008, 09:12 PM report to moderator

Cedric was lying spread-eagled on the ground beside him. He was dead.[br]For a second that contained an eternity, Harry stared into Cedric's face, at his open gray eyes, blank and expressionless as the windows of a deserted house, at his half-open mouth,