Harry Potter Exhibition to Open in Chicago April 30, 2009, Phelps Twins Due at Announcement Today

Movies
December 11, 2008, 08:20 AM

Great news today regarding the Harry Potter Exhibition. The traveling exhibit of props and sets seen in the Harry Potter films is due to open April 30, 2009 at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry. The print edition of the USA Today has an article that states tickets for this are now available ($15-26.00 USD) via www.msichicago.org, however the site does not yet appear to be updated with this information. The Harry Potter exhibit in Chicago will run until September 7, 2009 before moving to another city. Update: An official announcement is due shortly, with James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley) to be present at the event. This new article says: The museum this morning is announcing it will host "the global premiere" of the exhibition that will give visitors "the opportunity to see the craftsmanship of the authentic costumes and props from the films displayed in settings inspired by the Hogwarts film sets."

More soon, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Alden

Sweet. Just one more reason to go to Chicago to see one of my best friends.

Posted by Alden on December 11, 2008, 08:34 AM report to moderator
Katie

Yeah, I’ve been to see this exhibit before – friend of a friend of my mom’s works at Warner Bros., long story – and it’s fantastic! Not something to miss. It was actually supposed to go on tour about two years ago, and then I guess plans for that were put on the back burner, but I know they’ve been planning to take it to major cities across the continental US.

Posted by Katie on December 11, 2008, 08:41 AM report to moderator
:D

:DDDDDDDDDDD

Posted by :D on December 11, 2008, 08:42 AM report to moderator
elven*princess221

I’m so happy I live in Indianapolis! Just a few hours away! I hope I can go!

Posted by elven*princess221 on December 11, 2008, 08:49 AM report to moderator
Kerri

I hope they take this to Boston!

Posted by Kerri on December 11, 2008, 09:27 AM report to moderator
allyson

yay! it’s been a while since there’s been an hp event in my neck of the woods!

Posted by allyson on December 11, 2008, 09:45 AM report to moderator
milo

this better come to the UK afterwards

Posted by milo on December 11, 2008, 09:53 AM report to moderator
Frankie

I’m sure this will be in Philadelphia at the Franklin Institute – they always get these kinds of things. They had the Star Wars one last year.

Posted by Frankie on December 11, 2008, 10:13 AM report to moderator
Aubrey

Awesome, I finish with school in Indianapolis in early May, I might have to take a trip to Chicago when I finish =]

Posted by Aubrey on December 11, 2008, 10:25 AM report to moderator
Jen

Sweet!!! Finally a Harry Potter Event close to home. Where Can we get the tickets???

Posted by Jen on December 11, 2008, 11:13 AM report to moderator
Angel

This will probably be the “special entry” exhibit for the summer. Tickets to the museum and the special exhibits are available on the museum’s website, www.msichicago.org , although I don’t know if they’ll be pre-selling tickets to this until we get closer to April.

I was just at MSI last week with the kids for the annual Christmas tree displays, and there was construction going on in the special exhibit wing, but no indication of what was going to be coming next. Now we know :)

Posted by Angel on December 11, 2008, 11:44 AM report to moderator
Steven

I think it’s one of their special exhibits… but they’re definitely selling advance tickets online NOW:

Posted by Steven on December 11, 2008, 12:21 PM report to moderator
Nicole

Finally something I can go to! My dorm is just a few blocks away!

Posted by Nicole on December 11, 2008, 02:10 PM report to moderator
Richard Palmer

I hope they bring it to Tucson Arizona, heck even phoenix would be awsome, I’d drive the couple hours to get a glimps of the awsome stuff from the movie! Rock on Harry potter!!!!

Posted by Richard Palmer on December 13, 2008, 08:50 AM report to moderator
pam

Has there been any anouncement about other cities yet?

Posted by pam on December 13, 2008, 12:23 PM report to moderator

"I see you all, whole and healthy, with your powers intact -- such prompt appearances! -- and I ask myself... why did this band of wizards never come to the aid of their master, to whom they swore eternal loyalty?"