Emma Watson Official Website Updated with New Sunday Times Style Magazine Photos, More

Watson
December 10, 2008, 10:32 PM

Several bits of news tonight, having to do with actress Emma Watson, as her official website has been updated with new photos that appeared in the UK Sunday Times Style Magazine. Things have also taken on a festive air over at the website of the Hermione Granger actress, for if you have not seen it yet, note it has been recently decorated with a musical, and snowy holiday theme. Via this link, you can see a Christmas tree to click  and drag, which will produce some holiday "gifts."

Finally, be sure to check this news post, that lists many of Emma's upcoming interview schedule and appearances before the release of her new movie, The Tale of Despereaux (which also co-stars fellow Potter actor Robbie Coltrane). Emma Watson will soon be featured in interviews with the AP, the Guardian and Telegraph newspapers, on mymovies.net, and will be appearing on ITV at the Movies holiday special.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

HP_Appreciator

It is interesting how high the emotions fly (together with the arguments) in this argument about Emma Watson. :)

Of course, I would like to see Emma in more films. But they should be good and not something she took on, just to make a film no matter what. I am satisfied with her explanation about her schedule and I am looking hopefully to the future. Meanwhile, I am watching many Dan interviews and view most of the nice pictures that appear with Emma Watson in them (nothing paparazzi, getting in and out of cars, walking down streets with friends, etc.) not forgetting interviews (always too short).

However, I don´t personally think she´s become a socialite (whatever that exactly means in relation to her and especially compared with certain other people) or that she is a bad actress. I accept that there are many other opinions about this and future movies will show just how good an actress she is. We might see her limitations or we might see her continue to mature as a performer. She´s only 18 after all and not all can be born a finished 35-year-old-actress like Dakota Fanning. (That was not an attempt to insult anyone :)

Posted by HP_Appreciator on December 11, 2008, 04:52 PM report to moderator
Blair

@Miriam: I loved the Vogue photoshoot, lol. Oh well, different tastes for different people.

Your last post explained your position well, and yes, I agree with you that Emma sees acting as less important than going to university, but that doesn’t mean she won’t stay in the business. Many people assumed that Natalie Portman would drop from the world of acting when she entered Harvard, but she came back once she graduated. Despite her heavy involvement with Star Wars, Portman was offered and had accepted multiple kinds of projects and roles. To keep this point from getting long, I think it’s a bit early to tell if Emma will be typecast.

I also don’t see why Emma modeling should be an issue. She’s not under contract to do only one thing with her life— she’s still young enough to branch out. Photoshoots, fashion week shows, and go-sees are part of her job. I figure that if I ever have the opportunity to do new and different things, I will try them out instead of looking back sixty years from now and regretting that I hadn’t.

Oh, and about Emma going to parties: I think it’s perfectly normal. She’s eighteen, lol. If she was never involved with HP, she still would have partied, so I don’t see why she shouldn’t now. Now, the media coverage of her going out and having fun like a normal girl of her age does is out of hand, but that’s not Emma’s fault. The media has historically been heavily involved with teen female stars, and it’s bordering on distubing. You’re completely right by saying Emma’s partying doesn’t need to be reported on, but It’s not so much as socializing on her part as it is paps and camera crews following her wherever she goes.

Posted by Blair on December 11, 2008, 05:17 PM report to moderator
mione

Miriam, you are seriously an Emma hater. Lwave the girl alone. For me, I think her acting is brilliant and I like her the most out of the trio. She is the most educated out of the three. Bot Dan and Rupert dropped out. And anyway, don’t you have better things to do then keep bashing Emma?

Posted by mione on December 11, 2008, 09:31 PM report to moderator
Miriam

Mione, neither dan and rupert ‘dropped out’, school finishes at 16 in the UK. And i don’t hate emma. But i do hate silly people that act like 4 year olds when someone disagrees with them.

Posted by Miriam on December 11, 2008, 09:51 PM report to moderator
Miriam

Posted by Miriam on December 11, 2008, 09:56 PM report to moderator
joanne

Miriam,

you are such a negative person. We see it and we say it. By the way, stop posting a million times. YOU are on steriods, not your computer. hit the submit button once and WAIT. If you hit it 3 times, your nasty post will appear 3 times…

Posted by joanne on December 12, 2008, 01:58 PM report to moderator
Anne

Miriam,
I don’t know what country you are from, but Dan and Rupert are not going to university so they are basically known as high-school graduates, so no credit for going to uni at all whch is MUCH harder than A-levels and high school.

By the way, you do come off as a hater. It’s not against people expressing their opinions, many don’t have all positive things to say, but you come off as a 4 year old little girl whining and moaning and bashing emma watson’s every move. That’s how how sound throuh your posts, so don’t feel surprisd when folks call you a hater.

Posted by Anne on December 12, 2008, 02:02 PM report to moderator
danradcliffefan

^ I AGREE

Posted by danradcliffefan on December 12, 2008, 02:12 PM report to moderator
Laura

Blair,

The Natalie Portman comparison isn’t that well-suited, you see. Natalie, while being involved in a juggernaut series like Emma, had range. When she was younger she did films like Beautiful Girls, Everybody Says I Love You, and The Professional. Emma’s career pales in comparison. While I’m no big Natalie Portman fan, I can recognize that Natalie’s choices in film were far greater than Emma’s because she actually exposed herself to different things. Natalie did photoshoots, she did Star Wars, and she did independent films. She worked with Gary Oldman at a young age, just like Emma. But Natalie had range. Emma has done Harry Potter, Ballet Shoes, and this animated film. I have seen all the HP films, I have seen her remake of Ballet Shoes (and the original BBC version), but I haven’t yet seen The Tale of Despereaux (though I did read the book when I was younger). Those films are not as varied as Natalie’s, so to compare her career and decision to Emma’s is not best. Natalie did films while at Harvard, she showed great interest in film as a young person, etc. Emma has shown that if circumstances allow acting would be a nice thing to follow, but not necessarily the highest thing on her list, which is not a bad thing. She puts great value on education and I find that admirable. It shows she’s not an airhead like some other young actresses, but comparing her to Natalie in this case? Close in some ways, but not close enough…

Posted by Laura on December 14, 2008, 02:31 PM report to moderator
Aurora

Some people seem to have a very negative opinion of Emma Watson round here, so for arguments sake, here’s a different perspective. Hear me out.

I remember around 2 years ago, Emma said in a couple of interviews that she wasn’t sure she wanted to be an actress for the rest of her life – perhaps she’s thought about it, and decided either that she doesn’t want to continue acting
or perhaps she decided simply to wait and see how she felt after college. In which case, she could be planning to finish out her commitment to Harry Potter and then head off to uni. So, while she’s waiting around for HP to start filming and college to begin, she’s decided to milk this celebrity mullarkey for a couple of months – go to swanky parties, do some PR, some modelling, earn some extra cash, and enjoy herself. I really think this is the case, I mean she’s never seemed exceptionally taken with the celeb thing before now, so maybe she’s just, like I said, milking it a bit.

And why not? She’s smart enough not to invest too much in becoming an A-lister or whatever, so she’s just taking advantage of what’s being offered to her. Be honest with yourself guys (Miriam, Sonja, m.a.boon, etc) if you were 18 and you were offered Italian Vogue and front row seats to fashion shows, and you were doing nothing for a few months, would you say no?

One other thing: I used to post on TLC loads a couple of years ago, but these boards just became too irratating. People round here have so far attacked Emma because of the size of her roles in HP, the clothes and hair she has as Hermione, even her sodding eyebrows for crying out loud. Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion, but when people keep coming on Watson news articles and spouting snide comments repeatedly, frankly, your opinion is of no interest anymore – if you’ve made your views clear, then for God’s sake drop it.

Posted by Aurora on December 15, 2008, 06:43 PM report to moderator
Miriam

Anne, everything you just said shows your ignorance. I am British, and under British law a person completes school at 16. And in the UK we don’t have graduation for school. Don’t judge the rest of the world by your narrow outlook. To the post above, i never said that emma shouldn’t party, but it showcases her as socialising not as work. This doesn’t make me a hater, it makes a lot of you seem petulant.

Posted by Miriam on December 17, 2008, 05:55 PM report to moderator
Miriam

Posted by Miriam on December 17, 2008, 05:56 PM report to moderator
rafael

i’m glad to see u in person im ur only pilipino fan

Posted by rafael on December 27, 2008, 01:27 AM report to moderator

"Er -- why are you calling that owl Pig?" Harry asked Ron.[br]"Because he's being stupid," said Ginny. "Its proper name is Pigwidgeon."[br]"Yeah, and that's not a stupid name at all," said Ron sarcastically.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014