Emma Watson Official Website Updated with New Sunday Times Style Magazine Photos, More

Watson
December 10, 2008, 10:32 PM

Several bits of news tonight, having to do with actress Emma Watson, as her official website has been updated with new photos that appeared in the UK Sunday Times Style Magazine. Things have also taken on a festive air over at the website of the Hermione Granger actress, for if you have not seen it yet, note it has been recently decorated with a musical, and snowy holiday theme. Via this link, you can see a Christmas tree to click  and drag, which will produce some holiday "gifts."

Finally, be sure to check this news post, that lists many of Emma's upcoming interview schedule and appearances before the release of her new movie, The Tale of Despereaux (which also co-stars fellow Potter actor Robbie Coltrane). Emma Watson will soon be featured in interviews with the AP, the Guardian and Telegraph newspapers, on mymovies.net, and will be appearing on ITV at the Movies holiday special.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Faith

Oh for goodness sake. Why the bile? Is anyone seriously telling me if you were a star in Harry Potter you would say ‘right, I’m not turning up to any public events ever, no more parties, no more opening ice rinks…’ Yeah right. She is enjoying her life. If she chooses to do magazine shoots, so be it. Everyone knows acting is a double edged sword. You are contractually obliged to perform certain duties in public. I don’t think she’s the best actor of the three – Rupert has always been the natural for me – but I think the bitterness of some people here shows more about their jealousy and petty mindedness than any real understanding of the industry.

Posted by Faith on December 11, 2008, 10:36 AM report to moderator
bonnieradcliffe

Miriam, I don’t know if you’ve ever taken your A-levels or went to Uni, but just in case you haven’t, it takes a lot of your time dedicating yourself to that area, and if you don’t continue your Alevels and Uni, you’ll have more time in your hands to audition and look at other scripts. You are entitled to your own opinion, but you can officially be titled a basher (to me atleast) because you have made it a point to come on every single emma watson news and have NOTHING positive to say about her. If you dislike her then ignore the news surrounding emma, but droning on and on about the same points you make EVERY single time and whining and moaning about the same things about emma w. makes you sound like a pathetic hater to be honest. If you’ve said it once, that would be enough, we read your posts. But every time, here you are, on the EMMA WATSON NEWS. Sounds like someone is obsessed…

And for the record majority of the people who attend Ivy Leagues and the OxBridge uni’s DO look down on others, just a fact.

Posted by bonnieradcliffe on December 11, 2008, 11:51 AM report to moderator
dumbledoreforminister

^^Faith, Miriam seems to think that emma doesn’t deserve to enjoy her life because she’s on magazines and into “PR”.

Mariam also doesn’t seem to understand that Emma is an actress AND a model (signed on with Storm models) so even when Emma is doing her job, people like Miriam think she’s not.

Oh well, haters are showing their true colors… Seems like they need to look at their own lives before criticizing young actors on theirs…

Take a chill pill Miriam, you nag too much.

Posted by dumbledoreforminister on December 11, 2008, 11:56 AM report to moderator
Miriam

Blair, thanks for the apology – but I think that’s the point I’ve been trying to make. Emma obviously considers acting as a lower priority to other things (esp. education). There isn’t anything wrong with that, but I therefore consider her less commited to acting. That’s why I don’t think she’ll stay so much in the business. And she’ll have to struggle quite a bit to get away from the Hermione tag if she does continue acting, mainly due to not being seen doing other work. Again, if she doesn’t want, or hasn’t the opportunity that’s fine – but then she (and her fans) must expect to be typecast. And I didn’t really think much of the Vogue shoot – just seemed a little outdated to me – her latest Times pics are much better but nothing original. I don’t think she has a career as model either – she’s very pretty but I don’t know if she’d have an impact on the industry (for example like Keira Knightley) – she would need to find a better suited brand than Chanel. Her age group appeal is younger than their clientele.

Again – the photoshoots may be “work” for her if she’s modelling – but it’s not acting – which goes back to my first point.

@ Faith – was your comment directed at me? I don’t think I’ve been bitter or jealously petty about Emma. Going to parties is one thing – but it’s not work. And these sites shouldn’t cover it as if it is. It’s socialising. And if that’s all you’re seen to do then it does lean towards the “famous for being famous” tag. Emma should party as much as she wants, I don’t care – I was at her age – but it doesn’t need to reported on.

btw – I don’t like the way Rupert “acts”, but at least he and Daniel are trying out new things. I think it may have been a bad idea for Emma to do the animation – would have been better for people to SEE HER not the animation, if you understand. I think many people don’t know she’s in the film.

Posted by Miriam on December 11, 2008, 11:59 AM report to moderator
Miriam

@bonnieradcliffe & dumbledoreforminister (you mispelt my name btw), I don’t hate Emma. I dislike her acting of course, but I don’t hate HER. I think you’re being ridiculously childish by having a go just because other people disagree with you.

As to education – as a matter of fact I got my BA in Eng Lit this year (yay!) but I have also worked a full time job throughout and with people that haven’t gone to university. Only shallow people look down on others for reasons like not attending university. I don’t look down on people, I’m sure Emma doesn’t either, unless you’re saying Emma is like that? Or perhaps that is an opinion that you have yourself, in which case you should probably do something about that.

Posted by Miriam on December 11, 2008, 12:07 PM report to moderator
m.a boon

I switched on my Christmas Tree lights for the first time this evening – does this count as work? If so where do I get my paycheck from?

Posted by m.a boon on December 11, 2008, 12:54 PM report to moderator
Dylan

I support Emma:D she da best we knw of

Posted by Dylan on December 11, 2008, 01:34 PM report to moderator
HP_Appreciator

Well, depends. Swiching on Christmas Lights is something a number of people are asked to do. Some do it, because they can wear Tiffany jewlery and ice-skate with their sisters. Others do it, beacuse they play a psychiatrist on broadway. Others do it in private, mostly when they are people that nobody knows and wants to see in public. I usually do it totally naked and freezing quite a lot….

But seriously, doesn´t anyone really know how much Emma Watson got paid for tree lighting? Or Richard Griffiths? Or all those other well known people who are asked to do it every year? And do we really need to know? I just enjoy most of the public appearances of actors/people I care about, that´s all.

Posted by HP_Appreciator on December 11, 2008, 01:48 PM report to moderator
toni-marie

Miriam,
you are being very childish, with clearly a dislike towards Ms. Emma Watson. Let it go, and ignore the new surrounding Ms. Watson if it gets your knickers so damn twisted. You are now sounding like a hater. We have already read all your moaning dislikes concerning her, but here you are again spending time posting negatory comments on miss Watson, same opinions in every news. I like to read posts and when I read yours, I get a opinion that you are an emma basher/hater

Posted by toni-marie on December 11, 2008, 03:47 PM report to moderator
eng101

someone’s obsessed with emma → → → → → → MIRIAM!!

heh, go on rupert’s site i you care so little about emma, gtfo!!

Posted by eng101 on December 11, 2008, 03:50 PM report to moderator
Miriam

Again, i’m not a ‘hater’. Perhaps infantile minds don’t understand constructive criticism? And i don’t EVER recall saying i’m a rupert supporter, if anything i prefer dan and matt lewis. Of course i’ll respond if people call me a ‘hater’ for expressing an opinion. But i don’t understand why emma fans think it is ok to bully others that don’t share their opinions. It is prejudice. This is a hp site, not an emma site. You can’t expect us all to ‘worship at the same altar’.

Posted by Miriam on December 11, 2008, 04:07 PM report to moderator
Miriam

Posted by Miriam on December 11, 2008, 04:08 PM report to moderator
Miriam

Posted by Miriam on December 11, 2008, 04:08 PM report to moderator
Miriam

Sorry for the multiple post, keyboard is on steroids

Posted by Miriam on December 11, 2008, 04:24 PM report to moderator
Miriam

Sorry for the multiple post, keyboard is on steroids

Posted by Miriam on December 11, 2008, 04:24 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

The students from Beauxbatons had chosen seats at the Ravenclaw table. They were looking around the Great Hall with glum expressions on their faces. Three of them were still clutching scarves and shawls around their heads.[br]"It's not [i]that[/i] cold,"