New Video: Dan Radcliffe Talks HBP Delay, Filming Deathly Hallows Epilogue and More (Updated)

DH Film
December 01, 2008, 09:07 PM

E Online has released new video of an interview with actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), who makes new comments regarding the delay of the release of Half-Blood Prince and more. Of note are Dan's remarks on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows films, where he states again he has not yet read the scripts, but after speaking to someone who has read them, he now has "high hopes" for the film and in particular the ending. On the matter of the epilogue, Dan does specifically discuss the possibility of the trio playing themselves aged by 19 years. Update: We now have this interview for viewing and download here in our galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

torn

If I heard him right he said the hardest thing to do is age a character..HELLO have you seen the new trailer for Brad Pitts new movie where he looks OLD…his make up job is amazing..if they can do it for that movie hire the same people to age the trio!!! it would not be the same if they don’t!

Posted by torn on December 02, 2008, 12:26 PM report to moderator
AM

I hope the use the trio in the epilogue as well. As for MOM, maybe they will have a few glimpses of other actors, but I think that maybe what they will do is portray the events from the trio’s point of view. So just like they did with the invisibility cloak, when they showed that Harry was invisible, but from then on you could see him, they will show the people whose form the trio takes, and then we will see the trio for the rest of the time…just an idea about what they might try and do.

Posted by AM on December 02, 2008, 12:49 PM report to moderator
H

I don’t think there is a possibility of getting older actors, but rather that the epilogue will not be in the film. Which would make me very angry, by the way. I love the epilogue.

Posted by H on December 02, 2008, 01:32 PM report to moderator
Natalie

Ooh I can’t wait for DH :)
I hope they age them

Posted by Natalie on December 02, 2008, 02:31 PM report to moderator
Anonymous

I hope that Dan, Rupert, and Emma play themselves in the end! It would be weird without it! I just hope that they add stuff, ie, their jobs and such, because when I read the book, I felt a little empty afterwords not knowing what they had been doing for 19 years! The epilogue is the only part of Harry Potter, the whole series, that I didn’t like. I felt a little cheated on that. It felt very fan-fictionish.

Posted by Anonymous on December 02, 2008, 03:07 PM report to moderator
jake

harry potter and the half blood prince will be a masterpiece.

Posted by jake on December 02, 2008, 03:57 PM report to moderator
Cameron

torn, HELLO Brad Pitt is much older than they are going to be when they film this. It’s easy to make someone in their 40s look like they are 50s or older, but it’s not so easy to make people in his 20s look like they are 30 years old or older because it can look like crap.
Don’t forget Daniel has grown up in a movie set, he knows much more about these things that we all will ever know, it’s stupid to be so egocentric to think you know more about these things than someone who practically lives in a set, aroud makeup artists and special effects makers.

Posted by Cameron on December 02, 2008, 05:31 PM report to moderator
CarolynJ

I don’t get the aging thing. Wizards don’t age like muggles. Dumbledore was supposed to be 150 when he died and he died an unnatural early death. I’m sure if Mr. Gambon can play 150 and still kicking high, the trio can play thirty something!

Posted by CarolynJ on December 02, 2008, 05:41 PM report to moderator
sml

HELLO Cameron. Why do you think that people in their 40s can easily look 50, while people in their 20s cannot easily look 30s. I’m telling you – there is not much difference in looks between those ages! I may not know about stage make-up, but at this point I’ve definately learned it’s futile to guess one’s age. I’m 42 and still get carded. My nephew is 20, has a heavy beard and some early graying – he’s under-aged and sometimes doesn’t get carded. 30 year olds are young and look it if they are fit, don’t smoke and stay out of the sun. Trust me. p.s. – how old are you by the way?

Posted by sml on December 02, 2008, 05:47 PM report to moderator
sgt_majorette

By the time they film DH, those kids are going to be plenty old enough to play themselves in the epilogue. What are they now, like twenty?

Posted by sgt_majorette on December 02, 2008, 06:02 PM report to moderator
wagner

Eu ao Harry Potter

Posted by wagner on December 02, 2008, 07:40 PM report to moderator
T-Vey

As far as the polyjuice potion scenes go, I believe that the filmakers will try to avoid it as much as possible. Harry could likely be underneath the invisibility cloak, still visible to the audience. Casting “a bunch of nobodys” to play in these scenes is just not the same from a film standpoint as a book’s. I have been wondering from the start how they would portray this. But what if it wasn’t just a bunch of nobodys but people we could recognize and relate to. Say… Jo herself!!! That would be incredible, although very equally unlikely… This is a change, though, that I think would be quite necessary.

Posted by T-Vey on December 02, 2008, 08:05 PM report to moderator
blu3tick

I don’t think they should even include the epilogue… You never know.. One day JK will write some more HP books that will eventually turn into movies, then we’d be expecting to see the same people that played the characters from the epilogue…

I really doubt the epilogue will be in there… The only thing it really does is show how Harry respected Snape, and i think there are other places to throw that in there…. Plus i would rather see some amazing battles at hogwarts and in the forbidden forest and such instead of having 5 minutes of talking that doesn’t mount up to much….

Posted by blu3tick on December 03, 2008, 05:55 AM report to moderator
blu3tick

Older people play high school kids all the time… Hence, American Pie and all the other comedy’s from that era…. I could make a long list!!!!

Posted by blu3tick on December 03, 2008, 05:57 AM report to moderator
Carol Carvalho

It can be really tricky to age the trio, because it is 19 years latter… when a person is in her middle thirties they don’t look that different from when they were 18, the difference is very settle… it is not like if it was 40 years latter i think it would be easier if they were much older……. i don’t know.
But i wouldn’t mind if they cut out the epilogue and did some other kind of ending scene just giving a mention of what might happen afterwards…..

Posted by Carol Carvalho on December 03, 2008, 09:20 AM report to moderator

...he pulled out an enormous peacock quill. "Yes, nice, isn't it?" he said, misreading the revolted look on Ron's face. "I usually save it for book-signings."