Rob Pattinson on the Cover of "Entertainment Weekly"

Pattinson
November 06, 2008, 05:47 PM

Attention Twilight fans! Be sure to check out the new edition of "Entertainment Weekly" due out tomorrow, which will feature three different covers. One just released, seen here on the EW website, sports a face well known to us here in the Harry Potter world: actor Robert Pattinson (Hufflepuff great Cedric Diggory) who is now starring in the soon-to-be-released Twilight film in the lead role of Edward Cullen. You can also see a high res image of the cover featuring a handsome Rob here in our galleries.  As readers will recall of course, Twilight will be released on November 21, the date that Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was to be in theaters until WB changed the date until July 17 of next year. Of the comparison between the books and films, EW notes:

The last thing the filmmakers behind Twilight want to hear is that their movie is the next Harry Potter. Sure, it occupies the release date once held by the boy wizard. But while the seven-book Potter series has sold 400 million copies and generated $4.5 billion in worldwide box office receipts, Twilight is working off a global fan base that has purchased only 17 million books. ''We're not even 5 percent of Potter sales. We're not even a toenail on that body,'' says director Catherine Hardwicke. ''Ours is a character film, a little more sophisticated teenage Romeo and Juliet.''

You can weigh in with your thoughts of the cover at EW, here. This issue of Entertainment Weekly will be available on newsstands tomorrow, Friday November 7.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Pattinson News

Gretchieeee

I like twilight
but i think everyone’s made a huge deal out of an average book!
HP ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Gretchieeee on November 08, 2008, 12:55 AM report to moderator
Kiwi Mc I

I’m sorry but anyone who compares their work as a more sophisticated version of Shakespeare deserves to be slapped!

Posted by Kiwi Mc I on November 08, 2008, 07:57 AM report to moderator
HaRrY PoTtEr FaN 24

I hate twilight ,all my friends. Are convertin from HARRY POTTER to it

Posted by HaRrY PoTtEr FaN 24 on November 08, 2008, 08:06 AM report to moderator
Crown Victoria

Sounds like us Harry Potter fans are slightly bitter. Its Twilight’s time to shine. Leave them alone. We had our run. Let someone else make some money. Harry Potter still rocks so lets leave it at that

Posted by Crown Victoria on November 08, 2008, 06:21 PM report to moderator
vivian

omg i cant believe she thinks twilight is ‘sophisticated romeo and juliet’. harry potter is the best book ever and i read all the books and there are so many mysteries and love and gud vs evil things that i dont even think that i dont really think twilight is half as good a book as harry potter …. so if yur trying.. stop it cos they cant even make the movies for harry potter cos its too elaborate and has many details and aas for twilight…. i think meyer is overexaggerating ‘edward cullen’ a lil… he isnt that hot… sure its an OK book but not as good as harry potter mayteeees.

Posted by vivian on November 08, 2008, 09:21 PM report to moderator
Fishanie

The twilight books are, at best, poorly written. However, I do admit that the plot is well constructed and addictive. I can certainly see that the film has the potential to be well done, and I only hope it has been written well.

I think Entertainment Weekly comparing the characters to Romeo and Juliet is accurate, but the quality of writing obviously comes nowhere near that of Shakespeare.

Posted by Fishanie on November 08, 2008, 10:07 PM report to moderator
potterfreak73

I think it’s cool to hear what the actor’s do with themselves between HP films too! What I don’t understand is why so many people who like hearing about any other movie/project that actors are doing is great…except for Twilight. Honestly, it’s just another project as well! We got a lot of news about Rupert and Emma’s stuff and Equus, Mamma Mia…need I say more…just without the anger and defensiveness that HP fans are throwing around when it comes to Twilight! Why can’t there be another series of books that people will enjoy? Nothing will ever compare to HP of course, but the world must continue to evolve…

Posted by potterfreak73 on November 08, 2008, 11:43 PM report to moderator
elyzie I think Rob Pattinsn is a wonderfully talented actor, and I’m really looking forward to the opportunities that his Edward Cullen role brings him! ;)

Sorry for typos, my cellphone is a bit tricky to post from

Posted by elyzie on November 09, 2008, 01:54 AM report to moderator
Sarah

He’s such a good actor! One of the best actors of his generation I think. He has a scary talent for becoming the character in his mind and taking it very seriously, unlike most of the potter cast (no offence). He was amazing in The Haunted Airman, totally freaked me out. And I cannot friggin wait to see Little Ashes and Twilight. I’ve seen all the behind the scenes stuff of Twilight and Rob is fan-friggin-tastic as the tortured Edward.

Posted by Sarah on November 09, 2008, 01:30 PM report to moderator
Sarah

P.S. Yes, thanks crown, its definitely time for Twilight to shine. The books are so much more real and emotional than Potter, (no offence) and even though the writing isn’t fantastic, they are definitley worth reading. The story and characters are just so addictive! And from what i have seen all the actors (especially Rob) are extremely talented, professional and are totally becoming their characters, which is a lot more than I can say for the potter cast. And the story is staying true to the book (unlike OotP). So in conclusion, Twilight rocks!

Posted by Sarah on November 09, 2008, 01:34 PM report to moderator
milla

Please, stop posting Twilight news on HP-fan sites.
I enjoyed reading Twilight, but Twilight has it’s own fansites, and Hp it own-Now I f I go to A Harry Potter site-I don’t want to read about Twilight!
Twilight-sites doesn’t mentioning HP other bashing Harry Potter.

Posted by milla on November 09, 2008, 04:19 PM report to moderator
torn ‘’Ours is a character film, a little more sophisticated teenage Romeo and Juliet.’’

They are saying Twilight is more sophisticated than Harry Potter saying it’s more of a love story..not that it is better than shakespeare’s romeo and juliet! I LOVE both series and I would never compare but I am extremely excited for this movie to come out in less than 2 weeks!

Posted by torn on November 09, 2008, 04:48 PM report to moderator
elizabeth

Ok, I’ve read the first book twilight and thought it was a dumb down version of Joss Whedon’s Buffy the vampire slayer and Angel universe. Twilight should not even be compared with the HP books. NOTE I’m saying book wise. The film adaption could bring something more to the twilight universe. Compared to the horrible HP movies adoptions. Don’t get me wrong. The HP movies have been great art wise but in writing the script…well talk about going into the fan fiction world without looking at books.

Posted by elizabeth on November 09, 2008, 05:20 PM report to moderator
jenni setterlof

When I heard that Robert Pattinson was going to play Edward I was pumped! He did an excellent job as Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. He will definitely sink his teeth into the role!!! All you people who don’t have faith in him, just wait. Jenni

Posted by jenni setterlof on November 10, 2008, 11:25 PM report to moderator
Missy

HOT!

Posted by Missy on November 11, 2008, 09:44 AM report to moderator

"We're trying to standardize cauldron thickness. Some of these foreign imports are just a shade too thin -- leakages have been increasing at a rate of almost three percent a year --"[br]"That'll change the world, that report will," said Ron. "Front page o