Rob Pattinson on the Cover of "Entertainment Weekly"

Pattinson
November 06, 2008, 05:47 PM

Attention Twilight fans! Be sure to check out the new edition of "Entertainment Weekly" due out tomorrow, which will feature three different covers. One just released, seen here on the EW website, sports a face well known to us here in the Harry Potter world: actor Robert Pattinson (Hufflepuff great Cedric Diggory) who is now starring in the soon-to-be-released Twilight film in the lead role of Edward Cullen. You can also see a high res image of the cover featuring a handsome Rob here in our galleries.  As readers will recall of course, Twilight will be released on November 21, the date that Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was to be in theaters until WB changed the date until July 17 of next year. Of the comparison between the books and films, EW notes:

The last thing the filmmakers behind Twilight want to hear is that their movie is the next Harry Potter. Sure, it occupies the release date once held by the boy wizard. But while the seven-book Potter series has sold 400 million copies and generated $4.5 billion in worldwide box office receipts, Twilight is working off a global fan base that has purchased only 17 million books. ''We're not even 5 percent of Potter sales. We're not even a toenail on that body,'' says director Catherine Hardwicke. ''Ours is a character film, a little more sophisticated teenage Romeo and Juliet.''

You can weigh in with your thoughts of the cover at EW, here. This issue of Entertainment Weekly will be available on newsstands tomorrow, Friday November 7.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Pattinson News

Lorelai

Well i have to say Rob looks pretty fine in this picture. but doesent he in all of his pictures? :) I have read the Twilight books and do like them but it realy bugs me when people start to compare it to Harry Potter. They are good but no were close to reaching Harry Potter level. People just make a big deal out of it bacause all the people in it are good looking.
My friends and i are going to see Twilight when it comes out( eventhough we sould be see HBP at that time!) I am putting together my best Harry Potter costume to wear when i go. My friends are HUGE Twilight fans and are going to hate me for it.

Posted by Lorelai on November 06, 2008, 07:56 PM report to moderator
becca

shut up about bad things about twilight!! I ABSOLOUTLY LOVE hp. but rob is a SEXY BEAST!! yea!!

Posted by becca on November 06, 2008, 08:56 PM report to moderator
lizetm

I love when EW talks about more than one of my fandoms in one page. XD Whether you like it or hate it, its going to be big … it won’t matter if it’s a good movie or bad, we all want to see it regardless … well, us who are interested in it, and there’s a lot of us. I’m proud to say today I wore, and I didn’t plan this, my gryffindor socks and my Cullen t-shirt. It was a good day. :)

Posted by lizetm on November 06, 2008, 09:13 PM report to moderator
Hedwig

I HATE twilight and i’m sick of it. It’s a hp site and all the others hp sites are like i said hp sites so stop posting twilight news. i love this site like many other but i said this to all them stop. Dont twilight fans have their own sites…

Posted by Hedwig on November 06, 2008, 09:15 PM report to moderator
Hedwig

*like many other hp sites….

Posted by Hedwig on November 06, 2008, 09:16 PM report to moderator
hpboy13

Well, THIS is what I’ve been waiting for: the the actual Twilight people themselves to admit that despite their legions of fanatic teenage girls, they’ve got nothing on HP. I think it’s time everyone realized that. And now I’m off to buy earplugs in preparation for Nov 21st – my best friend’s a girl – and maybe I’ll disconnect my phone too.

Posted by hpboy13 on November 06, 2008, 09:25 PM report to moderator
Rini

I Love Harry Potter! The Series is the best! No Contest!! But any romantic girl can see the apeal of Twilight. The Idea of finding true love is irresistible!! The idea of being loved more than anything is mezmerizing. I didn’t think much of the series till I got the 1st book out of pure Curiosity… I fell in love… read all 4 in less than 3 days. I recomend it. Give Twilight a chance. Go see the movie. It’s worth it.

Posted by Rini on November 06, 2008, 09:31 PM report to moderator
iceymoon

i don’t think anyone would claim to be more sophisticated than Shakespeare.. i’m betting she either meant more sophisticated than HP, or just a just a more sophisticated film in general. and teenage R&J generally just means star-crossed lovers, which is why it gets compared to that so often (as any story with the same theme does).

as for the “character” film comment, i tend to agree because while both series have great characters, almost the entire focus in Twilight is on the characters and their relationships, while a great deal of HP’s focus has to do with the story, plot, and how its characters relate to that, more so than to each other.

Posted by iceymoon on November 06, 2008, 09:33 PM report to moderator
Jeannine

Harry Potter IS about the characters , that is undeniable,otherwise what
HP books were some people actually reading , not the ones JKR wrote.

Posted by Jeannine on November 06, 2008, 09:50 PM report to moderator
SybilT

Twilight looks pretty sick to me. I would never say that about a Harry Potter movie, even though I don;t like the way they depart from the books.

Harry forever!

Posted by SybilT on November 06, 2008, 10:06 PM report to moderator
mer

I believe Catherine Hardwicke meant that Twilight “is” a modern day Romeo and Juliet, and is a bit more sophisticated then Harry Potter. It was not a well composed sentence. I do not believe she means to be disparaging to Harry Potter. She is probably referring to the age of the intended viewer.

Posted by mer on November 06, 2008, 10:46 PM report to moderator
Jeannine

More sophisticated???LOL!!!….will maybe the ages of the characters but not the content of the story .

Posted by Jeannine on November 06, 2008, 10:57 PM report to moderator
Mel

“Ours is a character film, a little more sophisticated teenage Romeo and Juliet”
Romeo and Juliet? Seriously? Twilight has some of the most un-original, Mary-Sue-y characters I’ve EVER read….
HP PWN’S Twilight!!!!
I shouldn’t have said that…that fang-girls are gonna kill me hides
(Haha, Jordan! I was planning on doing the same thing!)

Posted by Mel on November 06, 2008, 11:22 PM report to moderator
Mel

which was to wear my HP robes to the Twilight Movie midnight showing :)

Posted by Mel on November 06, 2008, 11:31 PM report to moderator
Jordan

Mel:

Awesome…I think we should all go out on Nov 21 and wear our HP gear!!!!

Posted by Jordan on November 07, 2008, 12:17 AM report to moderator

"Dobby must do it, sir, for Harry Potter's own good."[br]The pudding fell to the floor with a heart-stopping crash. Cream splattered the windows and walls as the dish shattered. With a crack like a whip, Dobby vanished.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014