Emma Watson Updates Blog with "Deathly Hallows" Mention

Watson
November 05, 2008, 10:26 PM

A quick update tonight as actress Emma Watson has updated her official blog with news that she is doing some prep work for her next appearance in her role as Hermione Granger. Writing that she is trying to apply to universities, she is doing lots of reading, but notes "I keep getting distracted as I have started re-reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in preparation for the start of filming in February and can't put it down. Reading it for a second time has made it no less addictive."

Thanks to Snitchseeker and Emma Watson Official.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Kayla

Hmmm. She’s only read DH twice? I’ve read it about four times!

Once is never enough when you’re reading books like Harry Potter and Twilight!:)

Anywho, I’m glad that she’s getting ready for her DH filming in February. And although it’s still disappointing that we have to wait until July for HBP, I’m gonna go see Twilight on the 21st of this month and Robert Pattison! squeal

And there is an up-side to the delay of the movie: HP gets to last longer. The books may be written, but the movies aren’t yet done and nor is the new theme park, that’s being built.

Can’t wait for that to be done either. So much to look forward to in the upcoming year(s).

Cheers!

Posted by Kayla on November 06, 2008, 08:29 PM report to moderator
Sugar

So I guess she officially isn’t doing Napoleon and Betsy right now. I knew it.

It must be really weird for her, reading the books and inevitably imagining herself doing and saying everything Hermione does. I have to admit I’m not a fan of her portrayal of Hermione thus far but I’m hoping that with all her rereading that she’ll be perfect in DH. :)

Posted by Sugar on November 06, 2008, 09:28 PM report to moderator
susan

It’s about time that one of the actors actually reads the books first before doing the movie…lol..way to go Emma! and DH is the best book by far, hands down…so enjoy and pump all that excitement into your performance, we will ride the thrill along with you when it is released…!

Posted by susan on November 06, 2008, 10:21 PM report to moderator
Melissa

yay i’m soo happpy that they’re starting on February. (Filming Deathly hallows part 1)
It’s cool though how she is just re reading the book for the second time and even though people can read it in like 2 days, I’m pretty sure she does way more things than what we do.
Sometimes when I get the book and re read some parts Im all like “what, this wasnt here before” and I think it was because from the excitement of finally having Deathly Hallows in my hands back then was like a dream and you just want to rush to finish the book. I remember sleeping next to the book and when I would wake up I had to touch it to see if it was real because it was such a long wait for the book, and it seemed like a dream to me :)

Posted by Melissa on November 06, 2008, 10:57 PM report to moderator
Laksh

I know that you cannot avoid this ‘aqddiction’ emma but still am sure you will be able to stand so much work pressure. you can do it!!

Posted by Laksh on November 07, 2008, 04:23 AM report to moderator
Laksh

Posted by Laksh on November 07, 2008, 04:23 AM report to moderator
jenn

agreed with splinch’s comment on the first page! you notice little things when you re-read it.

and emmas right im on like my 30th time reading DH and its just as addictive everytime :L

but, HEY, natalie! we have lives, just part of that life envolves a wonderful book named Harry Potter =P
i re-read the HP books alot.. but still have a life, i read when im ill {..which i am very often} or at night when i can’t sleep. __

good luck emma in getting into the university you wish.. which im sure you will!

Posted by jenn on November 07, 2008, 04:31 AM report to moderator
leviosa

i like to hear that…it makes me wonder sometimes if they actually care about the books…i know the trio does and i appreciate that

Posted by leviosa on November 07, 2008, 11:09 AM report to moderator
Matthew

Emma doesn’t HAVE to attend a high-profile liberal arts colleges in the American Northwest, but that’s her choice. If she looks at Forbes’s “Top 100 Colleges that Change Lives”, my college is #98 (Emory & Henry) — one she could check out. Small class size (although I’m sure she’s accustomed to big classes back in the U.K.), nice teachers, a fairly large and beautiful campus, a wide liberal arts curriculum and help with assignments if she needs it. (And my college needs more transfer students too!)

Sorry about the plug, but she seems like the kind of person who would like a change of pace to get away from the hectic film schedule she has with the Potter films (nice to see she’s catching back up with DH) and her projects in between. But I’m fine with whatever she chooses, since she’ll do great with either school she chooses.

Posted by Matthew on November 07, 2008, 07:20 PM report to moderator
Laurel xx

Hey x
Haven’t been on this site for a while, great to see Emma is dedicated and all that sort of stuff!!
Love all the HP books – but the 5th, 6th and 7th are brill!
Ly xx

Posted by Laurel xx on November 10, 2008, 11:35 AM report to moderator

Half a dozen badges slid out of the metal chute where returned coins usually appeared. Hermione scooped them up and handed them mutely to Harry over Ginny's head; he glanced at the topmost one.[br]HARRY POTTER[br]RESCUE MISSION

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014