Emma Watson Updates Blog with "Deathly Hallows" Mention

Watson
November 05, 2008, 10:26 PM

A quick update tonight as actress Emma Watson has updated her official blog with news that she is doing some prep work for her next appearance in her role as Hermione Granger. Writing that she is trying to apply to universities, she is doing lots of reading, but notes "I keep getting distracted as I have started re-reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in preparation for the start of filming in February and can't put it down. Reading it for a second time has made it no less addictive."

Thanks to Snitchseeker and Emma Watson Official.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Nikki

I would just like to say that I’m a big fan who has read all of the books several times already and they do keep getting better everytime. One thing I would like to mention is that not only do I have the hardcover and paperback but I also have the audio books. Once I discovered MP3 players I discovered that it was a lot easier to put the audio books on there and be able to listen when I wanted.

Posted by Nikki on November 06, 2008, 10:13 AM report to moderator
dumbyforth

Good that she reads the potter books.BUT I’ve beaten ger by reading them 17 times.

Posted by dumbyforth on November 06, 2008, 10:25 AM report to moderator
rownak = )

Just to reiterate what I’m sure most are already saying: it’s so nice to see the main stars, or at least some of the main film stars, are just about as enthusiastic book fans as the rest of us. And it also helps that they actually DO take the roles they play to heart if they’re prepping by reading the books (as opposed to certain adult cough actors who may or may not even read their character sections and just sort of “wing it” if you will heheh).

Posted by rownak = ) on November 06, 2008, 12:05 PM report to moderator
Moody One

I just started reading the whole series again last week for the 3rd time this year. Love them. They just keep getting better and better!

Posted by Moody One on November 06, 2008, 12:10 PM report to moderator
Mimblewimble

Moody One

I hear you. I’ve read the series (always straight through from Book 1 to Book 7) six times now, usually at a pace of two to three times a year. Right now I am frustratedly forcing myself not to read them (just finished my last run through less than a month ago) so that they will seem more fresh when I start again. So I’m reading other things during the wait. But it’s funny to see that Ms. Watson is human like the rest of us and gets sucked in by the books just like we do.

Posted by Mimblewimble on November 06, 2008, 12:18 PM report to moderator
Moody One

Mimblewimble, I was 130 pages to the end of POA when I got Melissa’s book in the mail! It killed me but I finished POA and then I read Melissa’s book, which was great. lol. Whew! I’ve had a busy week! I’m gonna start them all over about 3 weeks before the HBP movie release. Well lets just say I’m gonna try to wait. lol

Posted by Moody One on November 06, 2008, 12:40 PM report to moderator
Mimblewimble

Moody One Yeah I need to pick up Melissa’s book too. It’s hard to explain why I don’t have it already… It’s just that with book releases, if I obsess over the release date, it seems to make the wait so much longer. So I try not to focus on the release date and then as a result I usually don’t wind up getting the book until after it has been out a little while. So obviously with that philosophy I’ve never been to a midnight release party. Which is another good reason to pick up Melissa’s book, so I can see what that was like.

Posted by Mimblewimble on November 06, 2008, 12:53 PM report to moderator
Karen

Mimblewimble…

You’ve never been to a Release Party?

That’s what I call Will Power!!! I wasn’t even trying to be strong enough to wait until the stores opened again the day of the release or for a delivery from Amazon.

Posted by Karen on November 06, 2008, 02:10 PM report to moderator
Natalie

Guys…I think you all misunderstood me..
I don’t say that I am not a fan or that I find re-reading books that I love,dull..No!
Actually,fyi I’m from Greece and I own both the british and the greek versions of the Harry Potter books, and I was always there the day of the release of each book trembling for what happens next..I just think that as the years flew by, I find myself not having the stamina, or the mood, or the time to reread sth..I just prefere reading new staff now that it is over..This doesn’t mean that I am not here on leaky everyday to see what’s going on, or that I don’t go to watch the films the first day they are released, or that I haven’t already ordered my copy of Beedle the Bard..(because I have done all these!!!)
PS..@Professor Potter..:P That was a great answer!! :)

Posted by Natalie on November 06, 2008, 02:36 PM report to moderator
Mimblewimble

Karen Well once the book is in my hand, there is not a trace of willpower (laughs).

Posted by Mimblewimble on November 06, 2008, 02:55 PM report to moderator
emylemon

iv read it over 24 times although i know i am an obsessive and that’s an understatement… stangely though, even though i am still a massive and dedicated fan, my obsession is getting less… or maybe iv just got other things on my mind..? anyway i will always love them :)

Posted by emylemon on November 06, 2008, 04:40 PM report to moderator
Moody One

There aren’t any release parties where I live. : ( I live in WV where hardly anything exciting ever happens. I take that back! My brother met Alan Jackson in Hardees one evening! lol

Posted by Moody One on November 06, 2008, 05:38 PM report to moderator
Fleur

First, I am happy that she is coming back back for the DH movies as there were some rumours of her dropping out of the last two. Thank you, Emma!! I just would not have watched the DH movies if you weren’t there. So, good luck with your studies and please do come back for the movies. There is no Harry Potter without you (quite likely). You are the perfect Hermione Jean Granger to life!

Posted by Fleur on November 06, 2008, 07:10 PM report to moderator
Fleur

Hey Nikki, I don’t agree with you as you think that all actors need to big fans as well. Emma is a superb actress, perfect for the role and she is that perfect only because she puts herself into the role of Hermione. So, how can she only read the script, but not
the books themselves?

Posted by Fleur on November 06, 2008, 07:13 PM report to moderator
Fleur

Sorry, Nikki, extremely sorry! I meant my last comment for Alice. Please forgive me for offending you.

Posted by Fleur on November 06, 2008, 07:15 PM report to moderator

Blinded and dying, every part of him screaming for release, Harry felt the creature use him again...[br][i]"If death is nothing, Dumbledore, kill the boy..."[br]Let the pain stop,[/i] thought Harry. [i]Let him kill us... End it, Dumbledore... Death is not

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014