Wizard Rock the Vote!

Fans
Posted by: Melissa
November 04, 2008, 04:35 AM

Today is Election Day in the US, and we'd like to remind you, along with The HP Alliance, to Wizard Rock the VOTE! Get out there and vote, no matter who you are voting for. It matters in and outside America, and it will affect the course of the world.

Here are a couple of links to help:

Google makes it easy to find your polling place and registration information at maps.google.com/vote.

If you aren't registered, but live in Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Minnesota, New Hampshire, or Wisconsin, you can register at the polls on the day of the election (TODAY): click here for more on polling places and other voting info.

You can research the ballot initiatives going on in your state here.

Remember that your vote is important and don't let anyone get between you and your choice!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Moody One

I pray that God gives him the ability and grace to be a good President. God Bless everybody! : )

Posted by Moody One on November 05, 2008, 08:14 AM report to moderator
Thio

But it looks like prop 8 is going to win a “yes”. I can’t say that makes me happy…

Posted by Thio on November 05, 2008, 09:06 AM report to moderator
Carol Carvalho

Squeee! It is over! I couldn’t take any more political ads!!! It was painful!

Very happy and hopeful with the results of this election, the repercussion of this campaign around the world was remarkable! I’m very impressed by the decision of the american people.

What I think is very upsetting is people saying this post was no appropriate to Leaky…. what the heck was that about? This post is appropriate everywhere and anywhere. I really don’t get it.

Posted by Carol Carvalho on November 05, 2008, 10:20 AM report to moderator
Jordan

We can elect the first African American president (WHOOO HOO!!) but we can’t let a homosexual couple get married shakes head…I don’t understand people.

Posted by Jordan on November 05, 2008, 11:28 AM report to moderator
Justin the Mighty

Well said, Jordan.

Posted by Justin the Mighty on November 05, 2008, 12:20 PM report to moderator
estherg

Are we going to get reminders for all general elections in all countries???? i was just wondering, i think any political event is important, and i with all the poor turn out of voters all over the world it would be nice to have areminder, us Brits have one coming soon,(we Hope.)

Posted by estherg on November 05, 2008, 04:29 PM report to moderator
Carol Carvalho

This is so silly… people getting offended because the US elections is important, why not their countries and bla blah…

C’mon…. I’m brazilian and anti-american line of thought is a considerable factor in most of south american countries but even there (I live in the USA) people recognize the importance of this election and of the role the US plays on the world.

And to be just as puerile maybe I should point out that Leaky is an american Website and that goes for most of its staff…. so let’s just cool down and let your hurt pride be.

Posted by Carol Carvalho on November 05, 2008, 05:01 PM report to moderator
Christain Mom

“McCain lost the support of a big chunk of America when he picked Sarah Palin…an extreme right, bible bashing…probably thinks Harry Potter books should be banned for teaching Witchcraft…(did you guys forget that video of Palin getting exorcised of witchcraft/demons?)” by NailnPalin

I’m a Christian mother who reads HP. It’s a wonderful series of books that I love. I read them to my son who is 9. Don’t judge me because of what a few radical people (who call themselves Christian) say. Jesus teaches us to love everyone he’s the only one that can judge us. Bless you all!

Posted by Christain Mom on November 05, 2008, 09:45 PM report to moderator
bellelupin

I agree. It’s great to be reminded of our right to vote. It’s interesting to see what all you have to say! Thanks, TLC!

Posted by bellelupin on November 05, 2008, 11:57 PM report to moderator
Artemisia

I realize this is no longer news, but as the consequences are sinking in – and I haven’t actually read all the comments so this may be a repeat – did it register here that Obama has read all seven Potter books … ?

Posted by Artemisia on November 06, 2008, 05:22 PM report to moderator
Liz

Am I the only one who is making a connection between all of the Americans dancing in the street and celebrating to the night in book one that everyone thought that You Know Who’s reign of terror was over? I’m sure that if Dedalus Diggle was American he’d be shooting off sparks ;)

Posted by Liz on November 06, 2008, 08:45 PM report to moderator
Tim

Hey look on the bright side at least obama will over turn the denfense of marriage act :)

Posted by Tim on November 07, 2008, 01:20 PM report to moderator
Carol Carvalho

Tim,
It is difficult to overturn something that the majority of the people have decided, for the second time around, to be the best for them. I hope he doesn’t go there.

Posted by Carol Carvalho on November 07, 2008, 05:29 PM report to moderator
Tim

Well he said he was. First step toward equality. I wonder if he will go after the state doma’s too?

Posted by Tim on November 07, 2008, 06:26 PM report to moderator
Tim

Majority of the people? I am most certain the federal one was congressional approved and signed into law by bill clinton. So it was not the peoples say there?

Posted by Tim on November 07, 2008, 06:38 PM report to moderator

But then, through the mist in front of him, he saw, with an icy surge of terror, the dark outline of a man, tall and skeletally thin, rising slowly from inside the cauldron.[br]"Robe me," said the high cold voice from behind the steam...