Wizard Rock the Vote!

Fans
Posted by: Melissa
November 04, 2008, 04:35 AM

Today is Election Day in the US, and we'd like to remind you, along with The HP Alliance, to Wizard Rock the VOTE! Get out there and vote, no matter who you are voting for. It matters in and outside America, and it will affect the course of the world.

Here are a couple of links to help:

Google makes it easy to find your polling place and registration information at maps.google.com/vote.

If you aren't registered, but live in Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Minnesota, New Hampshire, or Wisconsin, you can register at the polls on the day of the election (TODAY): click here for more on polling places and other voting info.

You can research the ballot initiatives going on in your state here.

Remember that your vote is important and don't let anyone get between you and your choice!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

mollywobble

I think what a lot of non-Americans need to understand is that over the past 20 years or so, voter turnout in the US has been very low, especially amongst young people. These “Get out and Vote initiatives,” especially those directed at young people are pretty common during this time. Americans are jaded, and sometimes pretty naive about the affect their voice has in world. As Cruella pointed out, why it’s taken America 8 years of bad Government to finally figure out that who they vote for matters, who knows. I can tell you that my polling place was busier than I have ever seen it. I think there will be record turnouts.

Posted by mollywobble on November 04, 2008, 05:26 PM report to moderator
Tim

“I wish you exercised your power FOUR YEARS AGO.”

We did… Just because you didn’t like the outcome doesn’t mean Americans didn’t vote…

Posted by Tim on November 04, 2008, 05:31 PM report to moderator
pburgert

Some of you say you don’t care, or you are not in America. Think of the things that have happened in the world and to the environment because of Bush. You may not care but this election matters more then you know. And it could affect the world .

Posted by pburgert on November 04, 2008, 05:34 PM report to moderator
Tim

pburgert – you do know that congress has to pass bush’s stuff in order for it to become law right? America isn’t a dictatorship… If you don’t like the way things are, Congress is as much to blame as the President…

Posted by Tim on November 04, 2008, 05:36 PM report to moderator
Moody One

Tim I loved your comment!!! Both of them. : )

Posted by Moody One on November 04, 2008, 06:46 PM report to moderator
mollywobble

Tim, You’re right, and Congress was run by Republicans for 6 of his 8 years in office. While Republicans ran congress, Bush never vetoed a single bill, spending billions of dollars on pork projects. Republicans are supposed to be fiscal conservativess, but they haven’t been for the past 8 years. I don’t understand why anyone would believe a single thing they say on how they are going to “fix” the economic crisis.

And Cruella is right about voter turnout. Voter turnout was very low in 2000 and 2004. Had people cared about their democratic right, the outcome may have been different. However, people felt jaded by the candidates. I think it took 4 more years of a bad war and a poor economy for many registered voters who didn’t vote last time to wake up.

Posted by mollywobble on November 04, 2008, 06:46 PM report to moderator
Kosmo

Oh God, I hate politics. Everybody is so sure they’re absolutely right. If you’re a Republican, everything is the Democrats’ fault. If you’re Democrat, everything is the Republicans’ fault. And round and round we go. Whoopeeee!!!!!

I don’t think people elected Bush because they were jaded. I think Gore and Kerry were incredible stiffs and people voted for who seemed to be the sharper person. Just like they’ll do this time with Comrade Chairman Obama.

Posted by Kosmo on November 04, 2008, 06:53 PM report to moderator
devilinthebluedress

“You’re right, and Congress was run by Republicans for 6 of his 8 years in office. "

That’s rich. It took the last 2 years of Democrats to ruin the economy..thanks Barney Franks, Nancy Pelosi and Clinton for their sub-prime mortgages. Nice work.

Posted by devilinthebluedress on November 04, 2008, 06:53 PM report to moderator
Katie

I voted for the first time! Barack the vote!!

Posted by Katie on November 04, 2008, 06:54 PM report to moderator
H

Wizard Rock the Vote! We’re making history here, witches and wizards. Make it count.

Posted by H on November 04, 2008, 07:23 PM report to moderator
mollywobble

You’re naive if you think the subprime mortgage crisis suddenly happened in the last 2 years. Deregulation began in 2000. Republicans passed the bill and sadly Clinton signed it. We saw the subprime mortgage bubble start to bloom in early 2000s. Both democrats and Republicans stood on the sidelines. You’re right Barney Frank and Dodd didn’t do a darn thing about it, and I hope they get kicked out of congress. Our economic crisis is combination of credit problems, subprime mortgages, unnecessary spending by the Bush Administration and the republican congress, and a war we never should have been in in the first place. We were in a HUGE debt long before Bernake and Paulson said we should start worrying.

Sorry Leaky for turning this into a heated discussion. Delete these post if you want.

Posted by mollywobble on November 04, 2008, 07:33 PM report to moderator
Kathryn

I’m a Republican and proud of it! And I’m completely for McCain because I love my country, and I am totally against Obama. GOD BLESS THE USA, MY HOME SWEET HOME!!

Posted by Kathryn on November 04, 2008, 07:40 PM report to moderator
David

McCain and Palin all the way! Real Americans, who really care! People with real experience! McCain & Palin 2008! :)

Posted by David on November 04, 2008, 07:42 PM report to moderator
kat

To Brit, MaryAnn and anyone else not happy with a reminder to vote: why did you bother reading the article, take time to read the comments, then post comments chastising it? You have the option of NOT READING it. There are times when I’m not interested in a particular post at this or any other site I visit regularly. I simply choose not to read the content that isn’t interesting to me. It’s quite easy. Just use the scroll bar…

Posted by kat on November 04, 2008, 07:50 PM report to moderator
Britt

It`s easy enough to tell somebody to `skip the article’, but the point is that all I’ve been doing for the past four months is skipping articles. TLC has been set as my home page since 2001, and I open my browser in hope of some non-election coverage.

There are millions of news sites on the web that will cater to politics. I come here for Harry Potter news. The majority of Harry Potter’s fans aren’t even of voting age. Of all the sites to put this on, putting it here pretty much makes no sense.

Posted by Britt on November 04, 2008, 08:33 PM report to moderator

Marauder's Map: [i]"Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball."[/i]

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014