Wizard Rock the Vote!

Fans
Posted by: Melissa
November 04, 2008, 04:35 AM

Today is Election Day in the US, and we'd like to remind you, along with The HP Alliance, to Wizard Rock the VOTE! Get out there and vote, no matter who you are voting for. It matters in and outside America, and it will affect the course of the world.

Here are a couple of links to help:

Google makes it easy to find your polling place and registration information at maps.google.com/vote.

If you aren't registered, but live in Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Minnesota, New Hampshire, or Wisconsin, you can register at the polls on the day of the election (TODAY): click here for more on polling places and other voting info.

You can research the ballot initiatives going on in your state here.

Remember that your vote is important and don't let anyone get between you and your choice!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Thio

I too think that this is a great reminder leaky is posting! If you don’t want to read stuff like this in leaky, then don’t read it. Go on to the next post.

But I would like people stop posting here who they want to become president. That’s not the point and it will only divides us in two. Keep your vote to yourself… or at some point we will enter this heated debate over which candidate is the best… and THAT has no room in this website.

Posted by Thio on November 04, 2008, 09:38 AM report to moderator
Todd

Geez, people. It’s ENTIRELY relevant. Quit being so grouchy and be thankful we CAN vote, and that the people at this site are gracious enough to remind you. Even if you aren’t from this country!

Posted by Todd on November 04, 2008, 09:39 AM report to moderator
Lisa

Oh people just CHILL! All they are saying is vote…if you dont live in the US..ok you didnt have to Vote today, but alot of us do and will vote today. Never once did Leaky mention to vote for any one candidate, they arent pushing any agenda…just simply saying Vote, its a public forum, its their Website and they can and will do what they want. If you dont need to vote or dont have any insterest in this topic, why not just move on?
Lets not start the war of words here. I love Leaky for all its news!

Posted by Lisa on November 04, 2008, 09:39 AM report to moderator
Neil in Scotland

Moody One…AGREED!!!!!

Posted by Neil in Scotland on November 04, 2008, 09:41 AM report to moderator
Leif Longbottom

She’s right, it doesn’t matter who you vote for. At least you can’t vote for Bush. Either way we will finally be free of the chimp of chaos and his evil master.

Posted by Leif Longbottom on November 04, 2008, 09:49 AM report to moderator
Moody One

: )

Posted by Moody One on November 04, 2008, 09:56 AM report to moderator
Thio

Leif Longbottom… what do I have to do to have a cool square with images on the left side of my post? Can you help me?

Posted by Thio on November 04, 2008, 09:58 AM report to moderator
Nicholas

Please remember to read the arguments for and against ballot initiatives you’re voting for. The initiatives actually on the ballot are intentionally difficult to understand, and it is imperative that you actually know what you’re voting for or against. You should be able to find this information online fairly easily.

I would likewise suggest that you read as much about the Presidential candidate’s voting histories as you can – preferrably from before they decided to run for the Presidency, back when they thought no one was watching. You can also find this information online in several locations, but issues2000.org is the easiest I’ve found.

Please be an educated voter and encourage everyone you know to also be an educated voter. Do not vote for any candidate for superficial reasons. This is important – treat it that way.

Posted by Nicholas on November 04, 2008, 10:02 AM report to moderator
tinagin

Like people above have said before, you don’t have to read this article if you don’t want to. If it does not directly relate to the HP stories, in your minds, it does relate to the fandom who are socially conscieous, and therefore the reminder to vote is appropriate. The HP stories also do rightly demonstrate, what can happen if we don’t take an active part in electing our leaders and holding them accountable.

Posted by tinagin on November 04, 2008, 10:03 AM report to moderator
Ashley

This election seems like a pretty decent parallel to the books if you ask me XD I don’t want to have Fudge and Umbridge leading my country.

But yes! Vote! And people need to quit complaining. I wouldn’t be making a fuss about another country’s election info being posted here especially if "Wizard’ Rock the Vote was mentioned. Everybody needs to get over themselves.

Posted by Ashley on November 04, 2008, 10:17 AM report to moderator
elven*princess221

Leif Longbottom, your comment totally cracked me up! And I completely agree with you! I voted early last week to avoid election day traffic and lines. GO OBAMA!!!!!!

Posted by elven*princess221 on November 04, 2008, 10:20 AM report to moderator
Confederate Lady

I just came back, from casting my ballot! Thank you, all of you, for helping the world to realize just how important this is! I agree: I don’t want a ‘Cornelius Fudge’ or a ‘Delores Umbridge’ running MY country….it may not always be perfect, or “what I want”, but at least I had the opportunity to say MY mind! Thank you, Ashley, for your voice. One voice can make a difference. Harry’s did, in the long run!

Posted by Confederate Lady on November 04, 2008, 10:32 AM report to moderator
Jeanne

Come on, America, get out and vote. I did my duty. I hope my candidate wins. But even if you and I disagree on the issues and who we support, I want to urge you to vote!!!

Posted by Jeanne on November 04, 2008, 10:33 AM report to moderator
Teri

I voted!!! (there you go Hedwigthegreat!) It was my privilege and my duty, both!

I am very confused by those who think this topic doesn’t belong on this website, considering the nature of the Harry Potter books. World leaders are important to the world! Wizarding or Muggle. Who can deny that? Jo herself made comments on this particular election (see Neil’s post above).

So, I add my voice to the rest. If you don’t care, then skip over. But a lot of us DO CARE. BIG TIME.

Get out there and vote!

Posted by Teri on November 04, 2008, 10:40 AM report to moderator
Kiwi McI

Leaky always post what the HP alliance, how is this any different just because its about voting. Go vote Americans (hopefully for Obama)

Posted by Kiwi McI on November 04, 2008, 10:45 AM report to moderator

"I want Fang," said Malfoy quickly, looking at Fang's long teeth.[br]"All right, but I warn yeh, he's a coward," said Hagrid.