Wizard Rock the Vote!

Fans
Posted by: Melissa
November 04, 2008, 04:35 AM

Today is Election Day in the US, and we'd like to remind you, along with The HP Alliance, to Wizard Rock the VOTE! Get out there and vote, no matter who you are voting for. It matters in and outside America, and it will affect the course of the world.

Here are a couple of links to help:

Google makes it easy to find your polling place and registration information at maps.google.com/vote.

If you aren't registered, but live in Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Minnesota, New Hampshire, or Wisconsin, you can register at the polls on the day of the election (TODAY): click here for more on polling places and other voting info.

You can research the ballot initiatives going on in your state here.

Remember that your vote is important and don't let anyone get between you and your choice!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

SGA

Well, I really liked Bush, he was a funny little man… :)
And I agree with all the people who don’t want to see news like this here. TLC was a Harry Potter-related site some time ago… :)

Posted by SGA on November 04, 2008, 08:32 AM report to moderator
luett

I’m not from the US, but I still think this post is really important and it was the right thing to post it here on TLC. I’m sure that Harry and his friends would want you to vote, too. In my opinion, this is one of the messages of the books: Don’t just sit around and watch what is happening around you but get up and get yourself involved. Try to change the things that could be better.
Today people in the US have the chance to participate. TLC is right: Use it!

By the way: When I see posts on TLC that I’m not interested in (which happens sometimes) I don’t read them. It’s quite easy, maybe you should try it before getting upset about this post :-)

Posted by luett on November 04, 2008, 08:37 AM report to moderator
JohnnyBGoode

Greetings from the UK

Americans: RESTORE THE WORLD’S FAITH IN YOUR PEOPLE AND YOUR COUNTRY

VOTE FOR BARACK OBAMA

Posted by JohnnyBGoode on November 04, 2008, 08:42 AM report to moderator
Moody One

Confederate Lady loved the comment!!! I just got back from voting. I took my son with me to show him how important it is. Thank you Melissa for the reminder. Hedwigthegreat love love loved your comment!!! McCain Palin 2008!!

Posted by Moody One on November 04, 2008, 08:43 AM report to moderator
mawhi

goodness, it’s not like a single article is hurting anybody!!

come on, that’s what’s so great about this fandom. what we can do in the world is not bound by canon and fanon- and this website continues to be a wonderful example of that!

Posted by mawhi on November 04, 2008, 08:45 AM report to moderator
Dany

Brazilians for Obama! hehe

Posted by Dany on November 04, 2008, 08:46 AM report to moderator
Ben

Norway is shouting Obama, so vote for us!

Posted by Ben on November 04, 2008, 08:54 AM report to moderator
Moody One

“When I see posts on TLC that I’m not interested in (which happens sometimes) I don’t read them. It’s quite easy, maybe you should try it before getting upset about this post :-)”…by luett

Thank you for saying that. : )
I didnt see it before. lol It says it all.

Posted by Moody One on November 04, 2008, 08:57 AM report to moderator
Biden Fangirl

Okay…I am honestly twitching. I am in class but I have the volume in the classroom turned wayyy down and MSNBC turned wayyyy up.

This is the day.

The day we have been counting down to.

By the time that we go to sleep we will have chosen a new president.

So no matter what side you are on, get out there and vote. Remember. It may be your single vote that makes a difference.

THANKS FOR POSTING THIS LEAKY!!!!

Posted by Biden Fangirl on November 04, 2008, 09:14 AM report to moderator
wizardsforobama

this topic is definitely NOT just an american thing, it will effect everyone in the world some way or another. plus it’s their website they can do what they want, ya know?

Posted by wizardsforobama on November 04, 2008, 09:18 AM report to moderator
Fresca

Itis important to get out and vote in your country’s elections, no matter what your nationality is. The right to vote is a freedom in many countries and is worth more than a few minutes of our time. Also, people all over the world are watching this election, because whoever wins in the US affects world politics and world relations. So get out and vote, and do a lot of thinking about your choices!

Posted by Fresca on November 04, 2008, 09:24 AM report to moderator
mollywobble

What does this have to do with Harry Potter? Maybe because the HP Alliance, a prominent group within the fandom, has been running their Wizard Rock the Vote campaign for several months now. That’s the connection.

Posted by mollywobble on November 04, 2008, 09:25 AM report to moderator
Weird One

I am Canadian and reminding anyone, anywhere to vote is a service. I get upset when eligible voters don’t bother and this election is important. Good for TLC, today is the last chance to be counted.

Posted by Weird One on November 04, 2008, 09:30 AM report to moderator
Moody One

I’m very happy that our foreign HP fans agree on how important it is to vote. No matter who you vote for it’s you civic duty as an American, Canadian, Brazilian, etc. to vote in your country’s election’s! If you don’t vote you have no right to talk or complain about who won. VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!

Posted by Moody One on November 04, 2008, 09:35 AM report to moderator
Moody One

your I mean…lol Thought I fixed that. :P

Posted by Moody One on November 04, 2008, 09:37 AM report to moderator

"What do they want photos for, Colin?"[br]"The [i]Daily Prophet[/i], I think!"[br]"Great," said Harry dully. "Exactly what I need. More publicity."