USA Today Features "Harry, A History" by Melissa Anelli

Harry, A History
November 04, 2008, 10:57 PM

Today,  Harry, A History, the new book about the Harry Potter phenomenon written by TLC webmistress Melissa Anelli, has officially been released. As such, the USA Today newspaper takes a closer look at the book, with an article that also contains new comments from Melissa who says that the world of Harry Potter  "is so pleasant to spend time in,"  and the world of the online fandom such as we have here at the Leaky Cauldron "is still a joy every day. There are still people doing fan art, discussing the books."

With editor Jennifer Heddle saying "it will appeal to both hard-core fans and casual readers," the article notes that Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling did write the foreward to Harry, A History, as "Rowling reveals it wasn't until 2002 — five years after her first Harry book — that she went online and looked at the vast Potter Web world. "The tale of the online fandom is every bit as extraordinary as Harry's own," she writes, "and it has left me with a feeling of awe and gratitude."

As the series is now complete, there are some fans still holding out hope for more from the beloved magical world of Harry Potter,  and Melissa weighs in on the matter: "I do think there is a chance," she says. "If she returns to it, the book will be about Albus Severus Potter (son of Harry and Ginny Potter). The eighth book they said would never happen!"

You can find out more about Harry, A History via the book's website, or discuss your thoughts and reactions to the book, here in our forums. Harry, A History is available now.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry, A History News

Star

Bought it yesterday. Started reading, and realised after a couple of chapters that I was devouring it. So I forced myself to slow down so I can savour it. But I’ll still be finished with it in a day or so. It’s too good to put down for long. Congrats, Melissa, and thanks for everything! :)

Posted by Star on November 07, 2008, 03:33 PM report to moderator
Sadie

Just finished the book and it was so nice to revisit the wonderful, exciting and, at times frustrating (waiting for a book to come out) experiences of the Harry Potter phenomenon. I felt completely satisfied after reading book 7; its ending was perfect to me, but looking back at it all, and remembering the thrill was a delight. Thanks and congratulations Melissa.

Posted by Sadie on November 08, 2008, 04:26 PM report to moderator
cole

i hope j.k. roling will make the eigth book about harrys child because i love these books, there great and harry a history, im not sure what its about but im getting it!

Posted by cole on November 08, 2008, 06:27 PM report to moderator
Potions_git

OH MY GOD i love that book.
The science of Harry Potter, under your arm…amazing. I use that for references all the time in essays and such.
I can’t wait to get your book. =]
I’m late on it but I’m getting it this next weekend.
I can’t wait!

Posted by Potions_git on November 10, 2008, 09:30 PM report to moderator
Katie

Fantastic news, Melissa. Congratulations. It’s really wonderful that all your dreams have come true in this way.
I think I speak for all of us Potter fans here in saying that I hope Leaky stays around, producing the same quality news, discussion (not to mention the brilliant Pottercast!) as ever.

Posted by Katie on November 13, 2008, 04:49 PM report to moderator

"Yes..." said Ron softly, "It's the only way... I've got to be taken."[br] "NO!" Harry and Hermione shouted.[br] "That's chess!" snapped Ron. "You've got to make some sacrifices! I take one step forward and she'll take me -- that leaves you free to chec

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014