USA Today Previews "Tales of Beedle the Bard"

Books
November 30, 2008, 09:25 PM

The USA Today has a short preview article online tonight, previewing the upcoming new book from J.K. Rowling, The Tales of Beedle the Bard. Arthur Levine, editor of the Scholastic editions of the Harry Potter novels is quoted, remarking on these new tales which were first mentioned in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows:

"They feel like folk tales or fairy tales that have been around forever," says Arthur Levine of Scholastic, Rowling's U.S. publisher. "They're as good as any Grimm tale that you might have read in your own childhood. But that's just Rowling's incredible skill."

The piece also mentions that pre-sales for the new book which is due out this Thursday, December 4, are brisk for retailers such as Borders, Barnes and Noble, and Amazon which "expects sales to be strong," the remaining holiday shopping season.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Bookworm Jen

I can’t wait to get my hands on this book! And I’m also waiting to hear what the PotterCasters have planned in New York! ;)

Posted by Bookworm Jen on November 30, 2008, 09:33 PM report to moderator
KatieMay

I can’t wait!! =) Wish there were more midnight parties though…

Posted by KatieMay on November 30, 2008, 09:33 PM report to moderator
(The) Hufflepuff Giraffe

Amazon “expects sales to be strong,”
Is there even a question anymore??? You don’t have to ‘expect’ that anything from Jo will sell insanely well, I think we should all know by now!

Posted by (The) Hufflepuff Giraffe on November 30, 2008, 09:36 PM report to moderator
Nick

“Rabbitty Babbitty and Her Cackling Stump.” Ouch. That hurts.

Can’t wait for Thursday!!

Posted by Nick on November 30, 2008, 09:39 PM report to moderator
Jordan

Gaahhh!! I’m so excited!!

Posted by Jordan on November 30, 2008, 09:52 PM report to moderator
Bellatrix's parole officer

Arthur’s right. Jo is incredibly skillful. I’m quite happy to be a goofy fan girl of someone as good as she is. Its unusual for me to be a goofy fan-girl of anyone but for Jo…I will do it. She is a living legend in the children’s book arena.

Posted by Bellatrix's parole officer on December 01, 2008, 12:36 AM report to moderator
Laura

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Posted by Laura on December 01, 2008, 10:30 AM report to moderator
Kiwi Mc I

only 2 days to go

Posted by Kiwi Mc I on December 01, 2008, 02:06 PM report to moderator
bella vita

lol that’s exactly what I was thinking Hufflepuff Giraffe! Duh, I can’t believe anyone would even wonder anymore whether or not anything she’s written would be a huge seller. Of course it would sell! are they crazy? When Jo Rowling says jump then by god our entire fandom jumps!

Posted by bella vita on December 01, 2008, 06:31 PM report to moderator
Jasper

Lame…. I don’t want more merchandise, I want a real Harry Potter book. Most of the people posting here are kids who would buy a rock J.K found in a ditch if she painted “Harry Potter” on it.

Posted by Jasper on December 02, 2008, 01:55 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"What about those [i]Monster Books[/i], eh? The assistant nearly cried when we said we wanted two."