ABC Family to Show HBP Exclusives During "Goblet" World Premiere

HBP Film
Posted by: Melissa
November 24, 2008, 01:57 PM

During the weekend of December 5 through 7, as ABC Family debuts Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on television, the channel will also reveal several never-before-seen clips, behind-the-scenes footage and cast/crew interviews of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

Over three days the channel will intersperse interviews with Dan Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson and Michael Gambon. They will also give an overview of the film. The footage will show "love running rampant through Hogwarts, a look into Tom Riddle's past and an introduction of Hogwarts' new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Horace Slughorn."

Goblet will feature deleted scenes as part of the broadcast.

The schedule is as follows:
Friday, December 5:
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, 7:30 pm ET.

Saturday, December 6:
1:30 pm ET: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
5 pm ET: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secretsv
9 pm: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Sunday, December 7:
12:30 pm ET: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
4:30 pm ET: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
7:30 pm ET: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Confederate Lady

OOOPS! Forgot…all the rest of the HP “family”! Here [in the US] and abroad! Happy Holidays!!!!!

Posted by Confederate Lady on November 24, 2008, 03:25 PM report to moderator
yarik van slogenhold

people, MELISSA didnt say slughorn was that DADA teacher, the entire sentence was in quotations! that was probably ABCs way of not spoiling anyone!!!!!!!

Posted by yarik van slogenhold on November 24, 2008, 03:36 PM report to moderator
Redbeard

Or probably it’s ABC’s way of not knowing there heads from their asses, if you ask me.

Posted by Redbeard on November 24, 2008, 03:41 PM report to moderator
Charles

Slughorn teaches Potions!

Posted by Charles on November 24, 2008, 03:53 PM report to moderator
Leslie33

Hey Abby: I hope you’re able to share the clips with those of us who live in Canada and other countries. Unfortunately we don’t get ABC Family. CBC is airing GOF next weekend, but they’ve never aired any preview clips of the new movies. ABC in Detroit never airs any of the Potter movies, so if you can find some way to share them with us, without getting in kaka from WB, we’d greatly appreciate it. Especially if they are with Snape!!!

Posted by Leslie33 on November 24, 2008, 03:53 PM report to moderator
Martha

I would so much rather have Snape and/or Draco interviews since they’re just kind of a little bit important in the plot of this movie, lol, but whatever. And GoF has been shown on tv before; I think even OotP has, but apparently they were shown on other channels (like the ones where they make you pay or something), but not ABC. Speaking of ABC, they are currently threatening to cancel a really wonderful tv show called Pushing Daisies, anyone else out there a fan? Darn that stupid writer’s strike again!!!! Anyway, there’s a petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/daisies/petition.html, and there’s even more you can do at savedaisies.com) for those of us who want to save PD, so if you have second (I promise it literally takes a second to sign the petition) to try to save a wonderful show (that you should definitely go buy season one of right now!). Sorry, I know that was totally off topic, but first they move HBP to July and then they threaten to cancel one of the extremely few shows on tv that are actually good and it’s just more than I take. Thanks.

Posted by Martha on November 24, 2008, 03:58 PM report to moderator
bella vita

Yay! This is too awesome! Of course I always watch anytime they do a “Harry Potter Weekend” anyway, but now I am definitely going to make sure I don’t miss a second of this one. And it even starts the day after Beedle the Bard is released! Only 9 days left until that little piece of heaven appears on my doorstep. Bless you Amazon.com and your same day delivery! This time Goblet of Fire will finally have the deleted scenes in it, which has always been one of my favorite things about watching HP films on ABC Family. Prior to seeing this post I thought I couldn’t possibly be any more excited for next week, but clearly I was wrong! I have to go put that schedule in the calendar on my blackberry.

Posted by bella vita on November 24, 2008, 04:01 PM report to moderator
Christine

Oh my mother of a goddang banshee! :) Hooray! What a great week. We get Tales of Beedle the Bard, and then that! =D Oh yay.

Posted by Christine on November 24, 2008, 04:08 PM report to moderator
Troy

It is not the world premiere of GoF because it was shown in the UK a couple of months ago :)

Posted by Troy on November 24, 2008, 04:21 PM report to moderator
hpfan

Have a question for all of you. Does any one know if the WB will ever sale the movies on dvd with the option for us to add the deleted scenes to the movies, like ABC Family? Yes, I know the dvd’s have the deleted scenes but not with to option to add it to the movies. Thank you in advance for any and all input.

Posted by hpfan on November 24, 2008, 05:15 PM report to moderator
decarus

They must have meant the world premiere of OotP. I think that is the only thing that makes sense.

Posted by decarus on November 24, 2008, 05:17 PM report to moderator
Natalie

Yay!

SO ANNOYING that I live in England and don’t have that channel! :

Posted by Natalie on November 24, 2008, 05:17 PM report to moderator
Helga Hufflepuff

They have definatly already aired GoF…?

So confused right now did you mean OoTP?

Posted by Helga Hufflepuff on November 24, 2008, 06:00 PM report to moderator
bella vita

Wait, the “world premiere” of Goblet of Fire? but that makes no sense at all. ABC Family has aired GOF several times before just not with the deleted scenes and I’m pretty sure it has aired on at least one other channel here in the US as well. Decarus, that would have been my next guess too, but ABC Family already said a couple months ago that they would be premiering OOTP in July 2009 to coincide with the release of HBP in theatres. They have some sort of deal with WB. Not only that, but another reason they couldn’t have meant OOTP is because even if they wanted to ABC Family can’t show OOTP yet since WB made a deal with HBO last year giving HBO the TV exclusive on OOTP here in the US for at least a full year meaning that no other television network here in the US can air OOTP until that exclusive runs out. I still don’t get why they are calling it the “world premiere” of GOF, anyone else got any guesses? Its probably just a mistake, but who knows.

Posted by bella vita on November 24, 2008, 06:22 PM report to moderator
Rhiannon

Happy, Happy day. So exciting to see all this new HBP infor. Saw the trailer on Sat. So exited. Can’t wait another 234 days! Squeeee!

Posted by Rhiannon on November 24, 2008, 06:22 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Really, what has got into you all today?" said Professor McGonagall, turning back into herself with a faint [i]pop[/i], staring around at them all. "Not that it matters, but that's the first time my transformation's not got applause from a class."