First New Sketch from "Beedle the Bard" Now Online, Additional International Covers Released

Books
November 22, 2008, 11:15 PM

The first new sketch from the upcoming The Tales of Beedle the Bard (and slight spoiler for those hoping to wait until December 4), has now surfaced online via the Bulgarian publisher of the novel. At this link, you can see several pages of the tale-written in Bulgarian. Also online is  a new sketch by J.K. Rowling of the gravestone of Ignotus Peverell. Ignotus was of course mentioned in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, as the original owner of the Invisibility Cloak and is buried at Godric's Hollow. (Update: these seem to have been taken down.)

Also online tonight are the Japanese cover for the Beedle the Bard book, seen here via Amazon, as well as the Spanish cover of the book, here in our galleries.

The Tales of Beedle the Bard will be released on December 4 in 23 countries, with proceeds of the sale of the new 128 page book by J.K. Rowling to benefit the Children's High Level Group charity.
Thanks to Harry Latino for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

k

Whoa… that’s the language Krum reads and writes…

Spanish looks like a kids’ book, but I still like ours better. Japanese… is not very Japanese-style. hm. I expected manga characters like they draw for Twilight and everything else. :D

Posted by k on November 22, 2008, 11:22 PM report to moderator
lily_luna

its too bad i can’t read bulgarian… ;)

Posted by lily_luna on November 22, 2008, 11:31 PM report to moderator
Andrew

Wow those were great pics!! Can’t wait for The Tales of Beedle the Bard, simply cannot wait!!!
Thanks Leaky!!!

Posted by Andrew on November 23, 2008, 12:01 AM report to moderator
Julie

Well, I know the Ukrainian translation for the letters of the Bulgarian, but not the Bulgarian to English translation……

Posted by Julie on November 23, 2008, 12:02 AM report to moderator
r

I am from Bulgaria. I can try to translate it if you guys want me to.

Posted by r on November 23, 2008, 12:57 AM report to moderator
r

Translations are on the forum.

Posted by r on November 23, 2008, 02:34 AM report to moderator
Jordan

Noo!!! No translations! I don’t want to be spoiled! I’m getting mine on christmas :( Oh and I’m getting my Harry, A History on Christmas too, so it’s like, impossible for me to stay away from these spoilers!!!!

Posted by Jordan on November 23, 2008, 05:09 AM report to moderator
Confederate Lady

ROFL!!! The cover art and the Tombstone are great! But there isn’t a spoiler…..unless you can read Bulgarian!!!! LOL…thanks for the art, Leaky!

Posted by Confederate Lady on November 23, 2008, 07:56 AM report to moderator
Ellanalida

Now I wish I had been obedient when my parents tried to teach me to read Bulgarian…

I was never fond of style used in the Japanese covers…. I guess they are going with notion of “never judge a book only by its cover” :P

Posted by Ellanalida on November 23, 2008, 10:12 AM report to moderator
ihd

I’m from Bulgaria and I work at the publishing house… :) I feel sooo lucky right now :P

Posted by ihd on November 23, 2008, 11:51 AM report to moderator
(The) Hufflepuff Giraffe

Cool! Only ten days, squee!

But what is up with the Japanese cover? That is one big and rather creepy Babbitty Rabbitty. Haha, Ellanalida. Except now I kind of want the Japanese Beedle, just for the cover.

Posted by (The) Hufflepuff Giraffe on November 23, 2008, 01:31 PM report to moderator
NCMcGonagall

Oh, I like the Spanish cover! It reminds me of other books with random pictures from the short stories included. Still like ours though.

Posted by NCMcGonagall on November 23, 2008, 03:03 PM report to moderator
H

The Japanese cover reminds me of Adventures In Wonderland.

Posted by H on November 23, 2008, 03:36 PM report to moderator
izziewitch

sorry, but I don’t see the drawing by JK. Where is it?

Posted by izziewitch on November 23, 2008, 06:33 PM report to moderator
SRP

Ditto, Julie: I can read the letters in Ukrainian, but don’t understand Bulgarian. Any idea where to get the Ukrainian editions of Beedle the Bard or any of the other books in the US?

Posted by SRP on November 24, 2008, 12:55 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

...it was amazing how many girls Hogwarts suddenly seemed to hold; he had never quite noticed that before. Girls giggling and whispering in the corridors, girls shrieking with laughter as boys passed them, girls excitedly comparing notes on what they were