Harry, A History Updates: New JKR Snippet and More

Harry, A History
Posted by: Melissa
November 21, 2008, 01:46 AM

A couple of quick updates: Harry, A History (which you can order here) will spend its second week on the NYT Bestseller list this week, so, thank you again! It's been really exciting, but I know there's more to come, so stay tuned. Second, I have added another vault entry to Harry, A History's web site, this time about Harry/Hermione and other shippy matters. By all means, have fun - it's certainly been earned - but please be nice. :)

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry, A History News

Arithmancer

Second week on the list! Hooray!

Posted by Arithmancer on November 21, 2008, 06:44 PM report to moderator
(The) Hufflepuff Giraffe

Squee! This is amazing, Melissa.

And I’m with SueB; when’s your next book coming out again? ;-) I guess we can give you a little break… You’ve definitely deserved it.

Posted by (The) Hufflepuff Giraffe on November 21, 2008, 07:12 PM report to moderator
Remus Lonno

Yay, I got my copy yesterday! I didn’t know you went to Fordham! My sister earned her PhD in English Lit there in … hm… ’88 I think…

Posted by Remus Lonno on November 21, 2008, 07:45 PM report to moderator
allie

i love i love it i love it. i feel so sorry for jo when that couple came out as lupin and tonks at the deathly hallows reading thing. i love it i love it i love it, thats all i can say!

Posted by allie on November 21, 2008, 10:28 PM report to moderator
Eva Hedwig

As both Harry and Hermione came from Muggle background and are only childs it is very well thought to include them into a huge Wizards family, where they keep staying in close contact with each other togehter with their respective kids.

Posted by Eva Hedwig on November 22, 2008, 12:12 AM report to moderator
ele0206

Will Harry, a History be published in Italy too? please, someone answer

Posted by ele0206 on November 22, 2008, 06:57 AM report to moderator
mzungu

melis
love the book, but can never find it at the columbus circle borders. it is totally hidden. every time i’m in there i have to ask specifically to find it. :p

Posted by mzungu on November 22, 2008, 09:00 AM report to moderator
Kiwi Mc I

I was a fan of the books since 2001 and didn’t get involved in the online community till about 2006. I never knew Harry/Hermione shippers existed until one day I was sifting through forums and was like “… What?!” I didn’t know there was any kind of debate I thought it was clear by POA and GOF was simply downright OBVIOUS! I was a R/Hr shipper but never saw a debate, in my head it was simply, I’m right- you are wrong. It was stupidly heated at the time for some people!

Posted by Kiwi Mc I on November 22, 2008, 09:17 AM report to moderator
Meredith

WOW!!!! This book is…..AWESOME. I learned So much like harry and the potters and now i am addictted to fan fic(if you don’t know what that is read the book) So thanks melissa for one awesome book and good luck with it!!!!!

Posted by Meredith on November 22, 2008, 10:21 AM report to moderator
AmyD

Congrats Melissa!! Harry, A History, is a wonderful companion book to the series. I’ve been a fan since book 1 hit the shelves in the US and your book brought back so many wonderful memories of those times and reading the books for the first time. My entire family is hooked on the series and I can’t wait to buy them each a copy of your book for Christmas!

It was very interesting reading about Jo and how it all began for her and what she went through, as well as the myths you have put to rest. You’ve also opened my eyes to fanfic and Harry and the Potters. I had no idea they existed! Thank you for putting such an incredible book together. You can tell that Jo is very proud of you and the honest support you’ve shown her and her creation.

Keep up the great work and continued success!!

Posted by AmyD on November 22, 2008, 06:36 PM report to moderator
Jared

I just bought your book an hour ago Melissa! I haven’t gotten too far through, but so far it’s great!

Posted by Jared on November 24, 2008, 03:09 PM report to moderator
Arukas

I’m currently doing an oral report on the Harry Potter fandom (spec. dealing with the secod book) for my Chrildren’s Literature class here at Pitt. Someone suggested I get this book for it and I’m so glad they did! The majority of my info is either coming from it, or from sources listed in it. I just wanted to give my personal thanks for the great resource!

Posted by Arukas on November 28, 2008, 06:01 PM report to moderator

The nearest dementor seemed to be considering him. Then it raised both its rotting hands -- and lowered its hood.[br]Where there should have been eyes, there was only thin, gray scabbed skin, stretched blankly over empty sockets. But there was a mouth...

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014