PotterCast 173: Are You There God? It's Me, Harry

PotterCast
Posted by: Edward
November 20, 2008, 12:31 PM

PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast is now online for this week with its 173 edition of Harry Potter news, discussion, and fun.  Sue kicks off the show with a round up of the latest Harry Potter news, including video of Tom Felton's appearance on Jack Osbourne Celebrity Adrenaline Junkie, exclusive photos of a Mary Grand Pre art exhibition, Emma Thompson not appearing in the Deathly Hallows films, Beedle the Bard release parties in the UK, J. K. Rowling's piece for a Birthday Book for Prince Charles, and the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince trailer.  See the full reaction of the PotterCasters upon seeing the trailer over on our YouTube channel.  Also be sure to check out the daily PotterCast Vlogs on the channel as well. The news wraps up with Harry, A History, by our own webmistress Melissa Anelli, debuting at number eighteen on the New York Times Best Sellers List.  Melissa, Sue and Frak then go into a new Bit by Bit which goes through Chapter Sixteen of Deathly Hallows and Harry's visit to Godric's Hollow.  The show then moves to spoiler-filled Beedle Talk where the stories of Warlock's Hairy Heart and Babbity Rabbity and her Cackling Stump are discussed.  This episode wraps up with the reason why John isn't here, talk of the PotterCast vlogs, LeakyCon news, Wizard Rock of the Month EP, and more details on Jingle Spells 2.

To listen, just hit the "Play" button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

“Are You There God? It's Me, Harry

• More reaction to the new HBP trailer, including Frak's thoughts!
  • News about LeakyCon and Jingle Spells 2!
  • Does God exist in the Harry Potter world?
  • We digest what we know of the Beedle stories Warlock's Hairy Heart and Babbity Rabbity.
  • What happened to John? Melissa, Sue, and Frak tell you why he missed this week.

RT: 71:23

Producer: John Noe
Editor: Andrew Garner

LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
“Harry, A History” Website
PotterCast Vlogs
Podcast Alley
Digg

Direct download (30 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (8 MB).

Remember you don't need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

ravesfave

First comment? This is the highlight of my week, with all this cold weather here in Oklahoma. Can’t wait to listen!

Posted by ravesfave on November 20, 2008, 12:34 PM report to moderator
HPotterExpert2

GREAT! Made my day xD

Posted by HPotterExpert2 on November 20, 2008, 12:47 PM report to moderator
Alden

Amazing episode as usual. That came as a surprise to me when I opened iTunes and there it was. Made this dreary, cloudy, and cold morning a little better! Can’t wait for Jingle Spells Two! I played the heck out of the first one (much to the annoyance of my family).

Posted by Alden on November 20, 2008, 01:05 PM report to moderator
HRWGHP

can’t listen yet, at work, but woohoo, can’t wait till Jingle Spells 2

loved the 1st one, it got me into wizard wrock

can’t wait cant wait :D

Posted by HRWGHP on November 20, 2008, 01:18 PM report to moderator
Kerri

i listen to pottercast ever night on my ipod. i’m sort of new so theres still a ton of older ones i haven’t heared yet, but i always look forward to the new ones! thanks!!!

Posted by Kerri on November 20, 2008, 02:44 PM report to moderator
Picazo

cant wait to hear it. Why isnt Emma Thompson in DH???

Posted by Picazo on November 20, 2008, 02:50 PM report to moderator
Raymond

I can’t get it to download. I pressed the ‘refresh’ button and it’s not downloading. How is everyone else able to download it? Did it get taken down from iTunes?

Posted by Raymond on November 20, 2008, 03:01 PM report to moderator
Billy

Today makes me really sad, because in less than 9 hours we COULD be seeing Half-Blood Prince…but noooo

Posted by Billy on November 20, 2008, 03:06 PM report to moderator
Ron

Did I miss something? I thought I knew that all three of the trio had signed on for the rest of the series movies. What’s this about Emma not in DH? It would be a shame to bring in a new Hermione for the last movie. Please tell us it’s not so!!!!

Posted by Ron on November 20, 2008, 03:33 PM report to moderator
Ron

Oops! My bad. The article said Emma Thompson and not Emma Watson. Okay, I lost my head for a minute. I just saw Emma and lost my vision for a second.Sorry for the scare fans.

Posted by Ron on November 20, 2008, 03:39 PM report to moderator
Crown Victoria

Whoa, Ron. You scared mr for a minute there.
Lovin Pottercast!!! Always the perfect thing to reduce stress. Wheres John?♥♥♥

Posted by Crown Victoria on November 20, 2008, 04:28 PM report to moderator
decarus

The shot of hermione crying is not after dumbledore died. This is a shot after the quidditch match. We can see it is snowing. We can see in the shot where ron kisses lavander that three or four people in the background are wearing the exact same shirt.

Posted by decarus on November 20, 2008, 04:44 PM report to moderator
eva

at first i thought it said Emma Watson

lmao

Posted by eva on November 20, 2008, 06:04 PM report to moderator
H

I’m so excited for Jingle Spells 2! I’ve listened to Jingle Spells all year, including in the middle of summer. Plus The Whomping Willows and JFF played their contributions at their concert and both were superb.

Posted by H on November 20, 2008, 06:49 PM report to moderator
lily_luna

wait im comfused. when can we start ordering jingle spells 2?

Posted by lily_luna on November 20, 2008, 09:30 PM report to moderator

Harry's other presents were much more satisfactory than Dobby's odd socks -- with the obvious exception of the Dursleys', which consisted of a single tissue, an all-time low -- Harry supposed they too were remembering the Ton-Tongue Toffee.