Harry, A History Updates: NYC Signing, Election Day, Spoiler Talk from Jo and More!

Harry, A History
Posted by: Melissa
November 02, 2008, 11:37 AM

Hi all! Harry, A  History comes out officially in two days and so far the reaction has been touching. Thank you! Some announcements:

First, I will have my first-ever booksigning at the Borders in Columbus Circle, Manhattan, this coming Wednesday at 7 p.m. I hope to see you there! You can RSVP for the event or invite others HERE. You can get a map to the event here!

If you live in NYC and would like to be part of a special project on Election Day, please shoot me an email at melissa@the-leaky-cauldron.org.

Third, I have posted another piece of the Jo interview, this time about the spoiler derbies that happened before the release of each book after PoA.

Next, I'm issuing two challenges to help spread the word: A YouTube Vlogging challenge which you can read more about here (. Secondly, if you have a Facebook/MySpace/LiveJournal, whatever, and want to help get the word out, in the coming week change your profile pic to either the book's artwork (a large version of which you can download here), or yourself holding the book. We'll put them all together somehow. Thank you in advance!

If you like you can get more updates by joining the Harry, A History Facebook group here. More coming soon!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry, A History News

David

All right everyone, now you can go to www.popwatch.ew.com and place your nomination for Melissa’s book “Harry: A History” in the comments.

Just go to this url (http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/11/alphabeat-must.html?xid=rss-popwatch-‘What%20Is%20Happening’%20on%20your%20Must%20List%3f) and nominate Melissa in the comments for this post.

Thanks!! (The deadline for this week is Thursday, November 6!)

Posted by David on November 04, 2008, 07:31 PM report to moderator
Matt

Aw, too bad I wasn’t able to get the book. I really wanted it. It sounds great. Maybe I’ll be able to pick up a copy over the weekend.

Anyway, it’s Election Day and we can only hope that Obama loses. McCain and Palin 2008!

Posted by Matt on November 04, 2008, 07:49 PM report to moderator
jamie

Other sites are posting a JKR interview for this book about how she was tempted to have a Harry and Hermione pairing. I guess this admission is a perfect payback for all the “delusional” comments that the H/Hr shippers have to suffer through the years. Har har

Posted by jamie on November 04, 2008, 10:52 PM report to moderator
Günel

salam mən sənin hayranınam ne olar mənə cavam yazda

Günel

Posted by Günel on November 05, 2008, 08:32 AM report to moderator
Picazo

Congrat!!!! Milissa and thanks for sharing with us.

Posted by Picazo on November 05, 2008, 03:52 PM report to moderator
hpboy13

Well, I just got back from it, and it was really great! Melissa is absolutely wonderful, acting graciously and briefly chatting with fans, posing for pictures, despite the quite long line still waiting. The event was very well executed, and unfortunately it was all done after an hour and a half – I so would’ve loved to get into a lengthy debate about something, like Melissa’s lack of support for N/L (it is THE ship, people, and who cares about Rolf Scamander anyway?). And from what I’ve managed to devour of the book so far, it can be considered an HP book in its own right, it’s so well written.
This event has made me so happy to be living in NYC! We should do this type of thign more often!

Posted by hpboy13 on November 05, 2008, 10:36 PM report to moderator
Joy Vera

What a wonderful evening! Meeting Melissa and getting my hands on that book have been the highlight of mine and my daughter’s (Krystal, the questions girl) week! I have read the first 100 pages between last night and this morning and am seriously hoping that my boss’ meeting runs late so I can read more! Congrats Melissa!

Posted by Joy Vera on November 06, 2008, 10:03 AM report to moderator
Michele

Great book, Melissa! I read it on my way to D.C. and it brought back fond memories of book parties and NYC, Harry , Carrie and Garp, meeting Emerson, and going to my first Leaky-Mug podcast there. Come to Milwaukee for a book signing (even Chicago is within my reach). I’d love to meet you.

Posted by Michele on November 08, 2008, 01:36 PM report to moderator

"I'm telling you, that's not a normal girl!" said Ron, leaning sideways so he could keep a clear view of her. "They don't make them like that at Hogwarts!"[br]"They make them okay at Hogwarts," said Harry without thinking. Cho happened to be sitting only