Harry, A History Updates: NYC Signing, Election Day, Spoiler Talk from Jo and More!

Harry, A History
Posted by: Melissa
November 02, 2008, 11:37 AM

Hi all! Harry, A  History comes out officially in two days and so far the reaction has been touching. Thank you! Some announcements:

First, I will have my first-ever booksigning at the Borders in Columbus Circle, Manhattan, this coming Wednesday at 7 p.m. I hope to see you there! You can RSVP for the event or invite others HERE. You can get a map to the event here!

If you live in NYC and would like to be part of a special project on Election Day, please shoot me an email at melissa@the-leaky-cauldron.org.

Third, I have posted another piece of the Jo interview, this time about the spoiler derbies that happened before the release of each book after PoA.

Next, I'm issuing two challenges to help spread the word: A YouTube Vlogging challenge which you can read more about here (. Secondly, if you have a Facebook/MySpace/LiveJournal, whatever, and want to help get the word out, in the coming week change your profile pic to either the book's artwork (a large version of which you can download here), or yourself holding the book. We'll put them all together somehow. Thank you in advance!

If you like you can get more updates by joining the Harry, A History Facebook group here. More coming soon!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry, A History News

Kami

Congrats Melissa. And I also wanted to wish all you American’s a great day of voting.

Posted by Kami on November 04, 2008, 03:21 AM report to moderator
christina

hope to be there tomorrow! i loved the book, great job :)

Posted by christina on November 04, 2008, 05:35 AM report to moderator
ABC

Ah Melissa, I just finished the book yesterday. A few tissue moments in there, just like in the HP series. Thank you so much for writing it.

Have fun today on your publishing date, hope you get the right cable so you can put the video up on your vlog soon.
ABC :)

Posted by ABC on November 04, 2008, 08:51 AM report to moderator
رضا مفتخرزاده

ایران قم سمیه رجایی رجایی4 پلاک64

Posted by رضا مفتخرزاده on November 04, 2008, 08:58 AM report to moderator
Elizabeth

Just wanted to say thanks for including the snippets from your JKR interviews that didn’t make it into the book. It’s quite kind of you to add those to Leaky so we could all read them even if we didn’t buy your book (which I did). I don’t find it self-promoting-in fact, I found it quite generous that you shared all that with us.

Having read the book and read all of the outtakes, I never once got the impression that you took ANYTHING for granted, nor do I get an impression of greediness. Geekiness? Definitely! But in a good way. You’re a very lucky fan.

Posted by Elizabeth on November 04, 2008, 09:57 AM report to moderator
Ninny Treetops

I’ve just pcike up my copy of the book in the english original at the local bookstore and am now using it as the ultimate after-college-work-treat. The six hours of drawing I have planned cannot pass quickly enough…

Congrats, Melissa!
And also: Happy Election Day!

NinnyTreetops
Germany

Posted by Ninny Treetops on November 04, 2008, 10:28 AM report to moderator
Annika

Got my copy today, it´s like holdning a piece of Harry Potter in my hand again, and I live in Sweden and I didn´t have to wait for months. Now I have to read, bye and many thank´s.

Posted by Annika on November 04, 2008, 11:11 AM report to moderator
Karen

Picked up my copy this morning after I voted.

I was afraid if I waited until after I got off from work, they would run out.

CONGRATULATIONS MELISSA!!!! SEE YOU AT BORDERS!!!

Posted by Karen on November 04, 2008, 11:46 AM report to moderator
kevin

I JUST GOT THE BOOK….IT IS SO GOOD MELISSA I AM SO PROUD OF YOU AND TEH FANDOM!

Posted by kevin on November 04, 2008, 11:51 AM report to moderator
mollywobble

Already posted this on the Harry A History site, but wanted to share it here too. I just grabbed the last copy on the shelf here in my home town Barnes and Noble. I thought that was pretty cool.

Posted by mollywobble on November 04, 2008, 11:52 AM report to moderator
Phlegm

One of the biggest newspapers in Norway has written an article about your book (http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2008/11/04/552694.html) I don’t think I’m the only one who think you should do a booksigning in Norway:)

Posted by Phlegm on November 04, 2008, 01:00 PM report to moderator
Cristina

Melissa, will your book come to another countrys? I mean, I’m brasilian and I realy want to read your book… how can I buy it? (sorry for the bad english)

Posted by Cristina on November 04, 2008, 01:24 PM report to moderator
Corey

Uh oh, there are already people on MuggleNet who are against the book or skeptical about it…I’m really hoping that’s not because Melissa isn’t from MuggleNet.

Posted by Corey on November 04, 2008, 02:43 PM report to moderator
Jessie

I just got it this morning, and with voting and work I’ve only been able to read two chapters, but oh Melissa! It’s wonderful, I’ve already teared up and laughed out loud, and it has already made me remember my journey with Harry Potter, while learning so much about yours and Jo’s as well. Okay, okay, I’m off to continue reading!

Posted by Jessie on November 04, 2008, 05:45 PM report to moderator
remipau

I’m French !
I just ordered your book Melissa !
Eager to read it !!!

Posted by remipau on November 04, 2008, 07:08 PM report to moderator

"Miss Granger, you are already facing suspension from this school," Snape spat. "You, Potter, and Weasley are out-of-bounds, in the company of a convicted murderer and a werewolf. For once in your life, [i]hold your tongue."[/i]