Harry, A History Updates: NYC Signing, Election Day, Spoiler Talk from Jo and More!

Harry, A History
Posted by: Melissa
November 02, 2008, 11:37 AM

Hi all! Harry, A  History comes out officially in two days and so far the reaction has been touching. Thank you! Some announcements:

First, I will have my first-ever booksigning at the Borders in Columbus Circle, Manhattan, this coming Wednesday at 7 p.m. I hope to see you there! You can RSVP for the event or invite others HERE. You can get a map to the event here!

If you live in NYC and would like to be part of a special project on Election Day, please shoot me an email at melissa@the-leaky-cauldron.org.

Third, I have posted another piece of the Jo interview, this time about the spoiler derbies that happened before the release of each book after PoA.

Next, I'm issuing two challenges to help spread the word: A YouTube Vlogging challenge which you can read more about here (. Secondly, if you have a Facebook/MySpace/LiveJournal, whatever, and want to help get the word out, in the coming week change your profile pic to either the book's artwork (a large version of which you can download here), or yourself holding the book. We'll put them all together somehow. Thank you in advance!

If you like you can get more updates by joining the Harry, A History Facebook group here. More coming soon!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry, A History News

Moody One

I just received mine today! Gonna read it right now!

Posted by Moody One on November 03, 2008, 04:35 PM report to moderator
Confederate Lady

Congratulations, Melissa! Long time coming. I so wish you could have a book signing, here in South Carolina, but probably not sigh I, too, have a “lack of cash-on-hand”, and will have to wait for “Ho, ho, ho”….with my fingers crossed, of course. I do have an advantage! My In-laws are big HP fans! Again, good going, Melissa! Keep up the good work, and as someone, further back in the postings, said] “thank you for keeping our little HP community together!”

Posted by Confederate Lady on November 03, 2008, 04:41 PM report to moderator
Ann Marie

Looking forward to reading your book Melissa, I’ve ordered it through Amazon and it should reach me here in London tomorrow! Well done to you and a huge thanks to everyone at Leaky for adding to the fun and enjoyment experienced by all us HP lovers everywhere. It’s been a unique experience to live through, helped along by you all. Take a bow, you all deserve it.

Posted by Ann Marie on November 03, 2008, 04:55 PM report to moderator
Sarah

Oh! Congradulations Melissa! Canada is EXTREMELY close to USA, and Toronto isn’t far from the border and a small little town called Ajax, isn’t far from Toronto! You should visit it! ; ) and do some book signing! Really you should come!

Posted by Sarah on November 03, 2008, 05:55 PM report to moderator
kknight

I just got back from my local bookstore and they had the book already on the shelves, and all I can say is WOW. Ms. Anelli has done a wonderful job. The book took me back to the day I first began my journey with Harry. At times it moved me to tears as I fell in love with the magical story all over again. All I can say is thank you for giving us a way back to the beginning.

Posted by kknight on November 03, 2008, 06:45 PM report to moderator
Kelsy

Election Day: No school! Go McCain and Palin!!

Posted by Kelsy on November 03, 2008, 08:12 PM report to moderator
Mary

My copy came in the mail and I’ve already started reading. Congratulations, Melissa, and thanks for sharing!

Posted by Mary on November 03, 2008, 08:13 PM report to moderator
Stephanie

Just ordered my copy! It should be here on Thursday- I’m so excited! Congrats Melissa!

Posted by Stephanie on November 03, 2008, 08:19 PM report to moderator
Moody One

It’s wonderful so far Melissa! I want to live in NY! I want my book signed! You think you’ll ever do a book signing in WV? lol

Posted by Moody One on November 03, 2008, 08:51 PM report to moderator
David I am trying to get all the HP fans out there to get Melissa’s book featured on “Entertainment Weekly’s” Must List. Either this week’s or next week’s issue would get her some nice recognition. I know that banned together, HP fans can do anything they set their minds toward.

So, nominate Melissa and “Harry: A History” at www.ew.com/mustlist or text MUST to 467467 if you have the SPRINT network.

If you can’t find a nomination path on the Must List website, I think what you have to do is wait until later in this week when the Entertainment Weekly Popwatch website asks for new nominations to the Must List. Then you post Melissa’s book as your suggestion in the comments of that week’s post. (I HOPE that is the way it works.)

Anyway, let’s do our best to get the word out there about Harry: A History..Pass the word along to your other HP friends! And thanks!

Posted by David on November 03, 2008, 09:33 PM report to moderator
Jason

I know your book will be a hit, can’t wait to get a copy. I want to know sales statistics too, it may just beat records for HP7.

Posted by Jason on November 03, 2008, 09:33 PM report to moderator
Loralei

omg i cant waite till tomorrw the book is finily comming out! I have been wating so long and i didnt pre-order or anything so i have been wating for what feels like FORVER! but i am am spending my whole day off from school tomorrow reading. ! :)

Posted by Loralei on November 03, 2008, 10:13 PM report to moderator
SybilT

Congratulations, Melissa! I got your book through Amazon. Wish I could come to the signing, but I doubt it. Best of luck—I hope it’s a best-seller!

Posted by SybilT on November 03, 2008, 10:31 PM report to moderator
fortunamajor

just got your book in the mail today. I skimmed through it first and started reading. the foreword from j.k. is awesome and so far chapter one is exciting. can’t wait to read further.
wtg!!!

Posted by fortunamajor on November 03, 2008, 10:31 PM report to moderator
Loralei

heeeeeeeeee! it is 12:28 and the book is HERE!!!!!!!!
great job Melissa!!!!!!

Posted by Loralei on November 04, 2008, 12:28 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"...but Miss Hermione Granger knew my secret ambition is to rid the world of evil and market my own range of hair-care potions -- good girl! In fact" -- he flipped her paper over -- "full marks! Where is Miss Hermione Granger?"