Harry, A History Updates: NYC Signing, Election Day, Spoiler Talk from Jo and More!

Harry, A History
Posted by: Melissa
November 02, 2008, 11:37 AM

Hi all! Harry, A  History comes out officially in two days and so far the reaction has been touching. Thank you! Some announcements:

First, I will have my first-ever booksigning at the Borders in Columbus Circle, Manhattan, this coming Wednesday at 7 p.m. I hope to see you there! You can RSVP for the event or invite others HERE. You can get a map to the event here!

If you live in NYC and would like to be part of a special project on Election Day, please shoot me an email at melissa@the-leaky-cauldron.org.

Third, I have posted another piece of the Jo interview, this time about the spoiler derbies that happened before the release of each book after PoA.

Next, I'm issuing two challenges to help spread the word: A YouTube Vlogging challenge which you can read more about here (. Secondly, if you have a Facebook/MySpace/LiveJournal, whatever, and want to help get the word out, in the coming week change your profile pic to either the book's artwork (a large version of which you can download here), or yourself holding the book. We'll put them all together somehow. Thank you in advance!

If you like you can get more updates by joining the Harry, A History Facebook group here. More coming soon!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry, A History News

Katie

I wish I was in NY, come to Chicago!

Posted by Katie on November 03, 2008, 09:51 AM report to moderator
Flo

My copy of the book was in the mail today. Congratulations on being a published book author, Melissa!

Posted by Flo on November 03, 2008, 10:52 AM report to moderator
angelaleighton

will this book be at Borders? I really want to buy Harry a History when it comes out.

Posted by angelaleighton on November 03, 2008, 11:14 AM report to moderator
Sara

Mellisa, could you come to Sweden? :D

Posted by Sara on November 03, 2008, 11:43 AM report to moderator
Donna

Melissa,
I am attending your book signing on Wednesday. What is the correct time
to be there? I have seen 7 pm and 6 pm. I am comming from L.I. so I have to take a train.

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Posted by Donna on November 03, 2008, 11:52 AM report to moderator
Hazel

Hello – this is really cool, and I tried to send and email to Melissa about it, but whenever I click submit on the feedback form it tells me that “Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage”. Is this a problem with your site, or my computer??? Sorry if this isn’t the right place to ask, but I’m new here, and I don’t know exactly how this is supposed to work. I’d be glad if you could help! H.

Posted by Hazel on November 03, 2008, 11:55 AM report to moderator
Elizabeth

Received your book on Thursday and finished it Saturday night. Awesome!! angelaleighton, my Borders already has it out on their Harry Potter display table.

Posted by Elizabeth on November 03, 2008, 12:02 PM report to moderator
Ginger

yes! finally some really good news…there wasn’t any news at all yesterday.

Posted by Ginger on November 03, 2008, 01:34 PM report to moderator
ScottMan

That is so exciting! It’s been such a thrill to follow your experiences with this book. Thanks for sharing it all with us!

Posted by ScottMan on November 03, 2008, 02:03 PM report to moderator
Melissa

I sooo need to get this book. Unfortunately lack of money is preventing that right now. Luckily, Christmas is just around the corner. lol :D

Posted by Melissa on November 03, 2008, 02:05 PM report to moderator
lupin

can u come to england

Posted by lupin on November 03, 2008, 02:20 PM report to moderator
lupin

hp is sooooo cool i wish i could blast people into frogs etc

Posted by lupin on November 03, 2008, 02:21 PM report to moderator
budb

Warmest congratulations, Melissa, and best wishes for continued success! And, of course, thank you for making our little HP community possible.

Posted by budb on November 03, 2008, 02:40 PM report to moderator
ravesfave

Oklahoma is really in need of some Harry Potter Fandom action. Even if I am the only person who thinks so. So can you do a book signing here, please?

Posted by ravesfave on November 03, 2008, 03:23 PM report to moderator
Phlegm

squee amazon has just shipped the book:) The not so squee-worthy part is that since I live in Norway the book probably won’t arrive until next month…

Posted by Phlegm on November 03, 2008, 04:09 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Thought Dumbledore said you weren' allowed inside the school anymore," said Hagrid...[br]Rita acted as though she hadn't heard what Hagrid had said.