WB Adds New Trailer to "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" Website

HBP Film
November 19, 2008, 12:16 PM

Not quite a week since fansites had the exclusive first look at the new trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, but we have a quick update today to note that WB has now added the piece to the front of the HBP website. This trailer will be playing in front of Twilight, when it opens in theaters this Friday.

As reported previously, we have the trailer direct download links here, in our video galleries and on youtube, as well as our PotterCast trailer extra here on youtube. Finally, be sure to check out our fantastic high definition HBP trailer screencaps here in our image galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

nele

fantastic!!!! I can keep on watching it, over and over and over again …. :-))

Posted by nele on November 20, 2008, 07:00 AM report to moderator
Sharon

Well, maybe—just maybe—this movie will follow the book more closely than 3, 4, or 5 did. So far, based on the trailers, it looks promising. We can only hope.

Posted by Sharon on November 20, 2008, 11:17 AM report to moderator
Bobby

Posted by Bobby on November 21, 2008, 06:12 PM report to moderator
Fran

Bobby, I also was looking forward to seeing the newest HP trailer in front of twilight, but they didn’t show it… =[ However they did show the teaser trailer (the one w/ all the Tom Riddle footage). It was cool, but I kinda wanted to see the NEW trailer.

Posted by Fran on November 22, 2008, 09:16 AM report to moderator
Randy

I just saw Twilight, and the trailer wasn’t there!! Has anyone else had this issue in their cities? Kinda bummed, but at least I can watch it in high def on my computer! Can’t wait for this film :)

Posted by Randy on November 22, 2008, 02:52 PM report to moderator
Leslie33

I just got home from watching “Twilight”. HBP wasn’t shown in the trailer preview leading up to the movie.

Posted by Leslie33 on November 22, 2008, 05:26 PM report to moderator
Leslie33

Bobby, I was the same way. Part of the reason for my seeing the movie was to see the HBP trailer on the big screen. I don’t know where the rest of you guys live, but in Canada, they released the movie in a least two auditoriums in larger Cities. They had different trailers for each Twilight movie. In one it was the new Tom Hanks war movie (Kenneth Brannaugh is in it as well, or at least it looked like him), a parody of “Save the Last Dance”, Ink Heart and Knowing( (which looks like a really promising Nicholas Cage movie) and some sort of two Football jocks become Cheerleader movie. Sorry, their names escape me at the moment. I was kind of let down there was no Potter trailer to fill that void.
Anyway, the movie is excellent and anyone who has read the book should see the movie.

Posted by Leslie33 on November 22, 2008, 05:32 PM report to moderator
Laura

I was so excited to see this trailer on Twilight, and so was about half the theatre full of fans. We all cheered when the WB logo came up, and then gasped in suprise when the music for the wrong trailer started playing. No one even payed attention to the trailer because they were talking about how it was the wrong one. It made me sad. At least it is on the internet. It is the best of all the trailes so far, I love bushy hair Hermione.

Posted by Laura on November 23, 2008, 01:02 AM report to moderator
HRWGHP

Posted by Bobby on November 21, 2008, 06:12 PM
“I was really disappointed last night. I didn’t go to see Twilight entirely because of the trailer – mostly because I just like midnight release parties for anything, and it was shot and filmed here in town, so I wanted to see familiar sites – but the trailer was still a fun incentive. And it never showed! Did anyone else have the same thing happen?”

omg!!!! I saw twilight on sat, and no trailer, I was looking forward to seeing the trailer, I was dissappointed :(

Posted by HRWGHP on November 23, 2008, 10:02 AM report to moderator
HRWGHP

I live in Colorado, and I went to one of the biggest theatres in town and no HBP prince trailer, none at all, sounds like at least some people saw a trailer

Posted by HRWGHP on November 23, 2008, 10:04 AM report to moderator
emmaj

holy crap its freakin amazing i CAN NOT wait its not possible and i can’t wait to prove to all those junky twilight over harry potter people that harry potter makes wayyyy more money in the box office than that stupid twilight does

Posted by emmaj on November 23, 2008, 11:22 AM report to moderator
Jill

Well I’m still upset i didn’t see harry potter this weekend. But i did go to see twilight and I didn’t see a trailer in front of it. I saw a bunch of commercials and 3 previews for other movies. None of which were harry potter and the half-blood prince. It just further disappointed me.. And then my disappointment was made even larger when I realized how bad the Twilight movies actually sucked…it was bad..

Posted by Jill on November 23, 2008, 07:03 PM report to moderator
get a clue people

WB has EVERYTHING to do with Twilight! And, seeing this movie will not bring HP closer to theaters.
Besides, WB only cares about making money-which they did this weekend with Twilight-I wonder how many TRUE Potter fans went to see it, just for the trailer? Those that did, do you not realize that YOU-essentially-have allowed WB to not take us seriously? What happened to the boycott? What happened to “down with WB”? Proving that WB cares nothing about the fans and more about money should be at the forefront for every Potter fan!
So, to those that seen Twilight this weekend, Thank you for allowing WB to make more money this weekend proving that they (WB execs) were correct in not allowing HP to be released!

BOYCOTT THE JULY RELEASE!

Posted by get a clue people on November 23, 2008, 08:53 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"D'you know what that --" (he called Snape something that made Hermione say [i]"Ron!"[/i]) "-- is making me do? I've got to scrub out the bedpans in the hospital wing. [i]Without magic!"[/i]