WB Adds New Trailer to "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" Website

HBP Film
November 19, 2008, 12:16 PM

Not quite a week since fansites had the exclusive first look at the new trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, but we have a quick update today to note that WB has now added the piece to the front of the HBP website. This trailer will be playing in front of Twilight, when it opens in theaters this Friday.

As reported previously, we have the trailer direct download links here, in our video galleries and on youtube, as well as our PotterCast trailer extra here on youtube. Finally, be sure to check out our fantastic high definition HBP trailer screencaps here in our image galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

chikit

Damn, it still bugs me that I could be watching it this coming weekend, if they had not pushed it to July.

Posted by chikit on November 19, 2008, 12:41 PM report to moderator
Squibby

it looks amazing, can’t stop watching it

Posted by Squibby on November 19, 2008, 12:43 PM report to moderator
remipau

Warner should release a teaser poster anytime soon ?

Posted by remipau on November 19, 2008, 12:54 PM report to moderator
Vanessa

I was ecstatic on thought of seeing the next movie this month. Why was it pushed back to July? Is there still two sequel movie for book six?

Posted by Vanessa on November 19, 2008, 01:10 PM report to moderator
Carol Carvalho

Vanessa,

WB moved the movie for 2 reason :1) they had cashed much more than what they expected with Batman this year 2) Writer’s strike… because of it WB didn’t have anything BIG on the making for next year.
Solution: pushing HBP to 2008 what will guarantee profits for 2009 since Batman did the trick for 2008.

And, yes, there will be two movies made for Deathly Hollows! :) They will start shooting that on February.

Posted by Carol Carvalho on November 19, 2008, 01:38 PM report to moderator
OMG

wow for a second i thoudht tere was a new trailer

Posted by OMG on November 19, 2008, 01:40 PM report to moderator
jon

Is the international trailer going to be up on an official website for download anywhere? I got it from Leaky to go into iTunes but it won’t transfer to any of my iPods. I’d like to have all three (so far) trailers in one spot besides my computer.

Posted by jon on November 19, 2008, 02:25 PM report to moderator
Tom M

I always haver to ask this for any HP trailer, becuase no on EVER seems to know, but -—- when will the trailer be shown in UK cinemas???

Posted by Tom M on November 19, 2008, 02:35 PM report to moderator
Flora

So was it part of the deal that WB sent you the trailer but you had to put a link to the Twilight film page on the site as well? Even though Twilight has absolutely nothing to do with this site? Absolutely shameless.

Just when I think Warners couldn’t sink any lower in their appalling treatment of HP fans, they go and do something like this. Are we supposed to be grateful for yet another measly trailer, when they’ve blatantly only released it now to persuade HP fans to go and see this piece of rubbish instead? Anyone who goes to see Twilight just to see the HP trailer on the big screen should be ashamed of themselves. Don’t forget, we were supposed to be seeing the whole film this week, if it wasn’t for Warners spending their entire 2008 promotional budget on bloody Twilight instead.

By the way, if anyone can come up with something amusing offensive I can use to replace the world Twil****, I’d be immensely grateful.

Posted by Flora on November 19, 2008, 03:57 PM report to moderator
sml

Now, now Flora. No need to get all upset about Twilight. It’s just another movie, and the more $$ WB makes, the more they’ll be able to spend making the Harry Potter movies. As for the link, there is much cross-over interest here, so just relax and accept it.

Posted by sml on November 19, 2008, 04:06 PM report to moderator
Katie Meadows

Flora, I don’t think Summit, the company that is producing Twilight, has anything to do with WB. It is not uncommon to have trailers for upcoming, BIG movies to appear in front of “out of house” films, especially if both films are of the same genre. I remember seeing trailers for Disney movies showing in front of Dreamworks and WB movies before. It’s just advertising.

On another note, will they put up posters and wallpapers on the website again? It’s time for me to switch to a HBP desktop.

Posted by Katie Meadows on November 19, 2008, 04:12 PM report to moderator
Jaime Munet

I feel you chikit I was so looking forward to seing the movie this friday sat and sun lol. Oh man this so sucks.The trailer got me so eager to see it ASAP! WB should hold a contest and let us see the film in December for some fans like at least 1000 fan but they should make us work for it in a fun way like a scavenger hunt HP style lol. Oh well I guess we no choice but to wait.

Posted by Jaime Munet on November 19, 2008, 04:36 PM report to moderator
Vanessa

Carol,
Thanks for the clarification, i thought half blood prince was going to be splited into 2 parts.

Posted by Vanessa on November 19, 2008, 04:41 PM report to moderator
Martha

“Don’t forget, we were supposed to be seeing the whole film this week, if it wasn’t for Warners spending their entire 2008 promotional budget on bloody Twilight instead.”

WB has nothing to do with the Twilight film,as far as I know, and, even if it did, that wouldn’t necessarily mean pushing back HBP had anything to do with when Twilight was released. I’ll admit that I’m as angry as anyone else about HBP’s date change, but Twilight has nothing to do with it, so stop blaming it, people. That’s just not fair. I do think the company that made Twilight is trying to get people to see their film by having the HBP trailer attached to it, if they are the ones who made that decision that is. So that would be kind of manipulative. It could also just be normal advertising, though; I mean the HBP trailer has to be attached to some movie, so why not Twilight? Who wouldn’t want an HP trailer attached to their movie? And I agree that anyone who goes to see Twilight just because of the HBP trailer is kind of crazy, especially since we now have the trailer online for free to watch whenever we want. Only go see Twilight if you actually want to see Twilight. Otherwise, save your 10 bucks. Don’t be silly.

Posted by Martha on November 19, 2008, 06:54 PM report to moderator
decarus

I wonder how they are going to keep this up. We now have three trailers and the film is not to be released for 8 months. I think it is a little strange. It is possible that they may have already bought the time or something so they just went ahead with it. It is also true that they have previews for films that come out many months later but they usually don’t have a lot of footage. I guess the fact that the film is finished is the reason that they can show so much footage. It still seems strange.

Posted by decarus on November 19, 2008, 07:39 PM report to moderator

"You're going to be using a rather special [quill] of mine. Here you are... I want you to write [i]'I must not tell lies.'"[/i] she told him softly.[br]"How many times?" Harry asked...[br]"Oh, as long as it takes for the message to [i]sink in[/i]," said U