Video Now Online from Dan Radcliffe, Richard Griffith Interview on "Charlie Rose" Show

Radcliffe
November 19, 2008, 03:13 PM

Last night actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Richard Griffiths (Uncle Vernon) were guests on the acclaimed Charlie Rose show which is broadcast on PBS. Video of this fascinating interview where they discuss their play Equus and more is now online here. Enjoy!

Please note: The bulk of this interview focuses in depth on Equus, with some lovely, reflective, and thought-provoking conversation, especially from Richard Griffiths who is also very complimentary about Dan, his young career, and how he has worked with some of the greats in the Harry Potter films, notably Gary Oldman, Michael Gambon, Richard Harris and Dame Maggie Smith. At the end of the interview Richard and Dan say they will begin filming on the two part Deathly Hallows, with Dan noting he has 14 months of shooting to do for the films

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Bobby

Possibly first? Anyways, DRAT! I forgot to watch that! Thanks for linking to the online clip!

Posted by Bobby on November 19, 2008, 03:19 PM report to moderator
Hermionegirl

I watched this last night, I thought it was quite good. Not ONE question about being nude on stage was asked. Finally! I thought Dan’s comments were good, and Richard Griffiths is very interesting to listen to.
And by the way, could people say anything more interesting than “third!”?

Posted by Hermionegirl on November 19, 2008, 03:41 PM report to moderator
Jeannine

It was a very good interview.Dan was given intelligent questions and
had intelligent answers, wish other interviewers would take note for next summer….ummmm!
I loved how complimentary Dan was to Richard and how much in respect he holds him as does Richard to Dan.
Dan’s comment about not knowing everything when your 19 was
wonderful!!! As he is!

Posted by Jeannine on November 19, 2008, 04:09 PM report to moderator
Robbie

I wonder would that video be any good to watch???

Posted by Robbie on November 19, 2008, 04:15 PM report to moderator
muggle

great interview- finally an interesting and intelligent one with different and more in-depth questions!

Posted by muggle on November 19, 2008, 04:25 PM report to moderator
emyknows

from the comments it sounds like it was good.
“Not ONE question about being nude on stage was asked. Finally! "
If that’s the case then I definitely want to watch it, i got sick of people always asking that question.

could anyone in the Leaky Staff put the interview in the video section?
please

Posted by emyknows on November 19, 2008, 04:53 PM report to moderator
Kerri

Cool! that was a really great interview, and Richard Griffiths and Dan both looked wonderful!

Posted by Kerri on November 19, 2008, 04:54 PM report to moderator
matea

Dan looks better than ever. mature,inteligent,funny. I’m finally happy with his hair.since POA ;)

Posted by matea on November 19, 2008, 05:03 PM report to moderator
Jessie

holy shoot, i love the design of their website.

Posted by Jessie on November 19, 2008, 05:04 PM report to moderator
Kiwi Mc I

I’m with you- FINALLY! The in-depth discussion of Equus that I’ve wanted since the West End run. That was brilliant, thanks alot Leaky. Loved Richard’s story about Armstrong. Daniel was also incredibly hansome and intelligent

Posted by Kiwi Mc I on November 19, 2008, 07:15 PM report to moderator
Thio

How come no one asked who it feels to be naked on stage? That’s like tradition!! And how are we going to find out if the feeling has changed for Dan? That’s no good!! There should be a “naked feeling of the day” website, where Dan could post daily how it feels to be naked on stage. Share his naked feelings and naked fears and naked ambitions and…. er…. I just went to far.

Just kidding… I like it better with people not asking naked questions.

Posted by Thio on November 19, 2008, 07:41 PM report to moderator
Serge Gingras

What a delightful interview, very proffessional from all parties. I have no qualms about the adult life of Dan. He seems very well balanced.

I hope one of his future fims will be a comedy. I think he is versatile enough for that.

Thank you Leaky for that wonderfull moment. It was so refreshing.

Posted by Serge Gingras on November 19, 2008, 07:48 PM report to moderator
DLFlowers

Concerning the clips of the play: Bravo, great acting from both of them. Dan has a great future. In his other movies, he is a great actor. At first I wanted to watch him take on another roles, but then I found myself watching because I realy enjoy watching him perform.

Posted by DLFlowers on November 19, 2008, 10:00 PM report to moderator
bebe

I really enjoyed this interview. Why did it come with the “warning” that it wasn’t about Potter? I mean,maybe some would learn about something else!

Posted by bebe on November 19, 2008, 10:18 PM report to moderator
Gordy

Great interview, such intelligent questions! I love dan, he is so mature and well spoken.

It’s also nice to know that they didn’t cut the dursleys from deathly hallows

Posted by Gordy on November 19, 2008, 11:32 PM report to moderator

The Dursleys really were astonishingly stupid about their son, Dudley... Harry knew perfectly well that Dudley had not been to tea anywhere; he and his gang spent every evening vandalizing the play park, smoking on street corners, and throwing stones at p