Robert Pattinson, One Sexy Hufflepuff

Pattinson
November 19, 2008, 08:26 PM

He's a very sexy Hufflepuff, oh yes he is....or more accurately, says People magazine, who includes actor Robert Pattinson (Cedric Diggory) as one of the Sexiest Men Alive for 2008. Coming in at lucky number 13 on the list, the magazine writes:

"Last year all I was trying to do was get a girlfriend," says Pattinson, 22, Twilight's resident vampire and previously Harry Potter's Quidditch foil, Cedric. "What happened? It's like the face of what is attractive has changed. Girls used to want to see guys take their shirts off. Now it's, 'I want you to bite me.' It's bizarre."

Thanks much to FreedomStar!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Pattinson News

Arithmancer

Confession: I’ve stayed away from Twilight because the whole vampire thing in general turns me off. It always seems so overwrought and self-consciously erotic+violent.

Consquently I loved JKR’s goofy take on vampires in Half-Blood Prince. (“Sanguini, stay here! … Have a pasty!”)

Posted by Arithmancer on November 20, 2008, 12:15 AM report to moderator
Bobby I find it mildly humorous that the dead vampire Hufflepuff is number 13. Also, I find it funny that the magazine called Cedric Harry’s Quidditch foil. It’s true, he is/was, sort of, if you ignore any Slytherins and Cho Chang, but that’s not even true in the movies. They should have said he was Harry’s foil in the 4th movie, or Tri-Wizard Tournament foil or something.

But maybe I’m just bitter that I guessed incorrectly who they would choose to be Edward. I mean, come on! Andy Serkis would have been perfect!

Posted by Bobby on November 20, 2008, 12:39 AM report to moderator
Kerri

I LOOOOOVE ROB PATTINSON! OME! He is sooo freaking fine in Twilight! Im psyched for the 21st. If anything could make me happy after Potter was sent to July it was Twilight! YEAH ROB!!! YOUR VAMPTASTIC!

Posted by Kerri on November 20, 2008, 12:49 AM report to moderator
Andrea

He’s adorable! Simply adorable. :) :) :) I am so. excited. for. tomorrow. night!!!! (Midnight show!!!)

Posted by Andrea on November 20, 2008, 12:54 AM report to moderator
Karentheveggie

Haha, love Rob`s comments and I don`t think they could have chosen a better Edward, or Cedric for that matter.
It`s going to take all my resolve not to stand up in the cinema and say "By Diggory! It`s Cedric!!

Posted by Karentheveggie on November 20, 2008, 01:12 AM report to moderator
jasmine

good thing Robert seems humble with all the attention he’s getting nowadays. I personally don’t think he’s all that handsome or sexy but he’s the current flavor of the month among the teens and a good alternative for Zac Efron.

Posted by jasmine on November 20, 2008, 02:41 AM report to moderator
irene

What a strange quote…
Anyway I don’t find him sexy, he always looks half asleep. Supercial stuff doesn’t make someone sexy, to be intelligent, educated, talented… makes someone sexy. Reading his interviews is clear this guy lacks of all of that.

Posted by irene on November 20, 2008, 06:10 AM report to moderator
Christine

I prefer SANGUINI.

Rob’s a traitor.
I’ll probably get crap for saying that, but I don’t care. I read Twilight and it sucked butt. The movie will too. Golly gee, it’s getting too much hype. One word: OVERRATED!

Posted by Christine on November 20, 2008, 07:42 AM report to moderator
anne

Does nothing for me I’m afraid. He’s too good looking. I find people sexy for other reasons than looks.

Posted by anne on November 20, 2008, 08:54 AM report to moderator
Me

Haha, would love to be bitten by him! He’s very sexy!

Posted by Me on November 20, 2008, 09:34 AM report to moderator
Sharon

Rob has the POTENTIAL to be really hot—time will tell. If he can gain some maturity—emotionally, intellectually, physically— without becoming arrogant he’ll be quite a guy. When he grows up a little he’ll look back on that “biting…bizarre” comment and roll his eyes at his own naivety! chuckle!

Posted by Sharon on November 20, 2008, 09:40 AM report to moderator
Confederate Lady

@Christine: Not sure what you mean by “Rob’s a traitor”, not having read the ‘Twilight’ series. If you are meaning that he’s a “traitor” for not “staying with the HP group”, I’d have to disagree. In that wise, he’s only extending his acting career. And Rob is not a “traitor”, if you are meaning the ‘Twilight’ series. From what I garner [from the “overrated” movie ‘Twilight’, his name would be “Edward”…sorry, if I’m confused and offend. Not meant that way. Just an observation. Back “on topic”. To Rob, good going. I’ll have to see the movie, to decide on if it was a “good choice”…from his “merchandising”, I’d say he’s at least popular. I don’t think he’s on my list as “Sexiest”, though. JMHO

Posted by Confederate Lady on November 20, 2008, 09:59 AM report to moderator
Confederate Lady

That posting [configuration wise] came out weird! Oh well…

Posted by Confederate Lady on November 20, 2008, 10:00 AM report to moderator
Leif Longbottom

South Park last night was frikin hilarious.

Andy Serkis would’ve been great as Edward but I hear they plan on casting him as Nessie in the fourth Twilight movie.

He might also take the role of Nagini in the last couple of HP movies.

Posted by Leif Longbottom on November 20, 2008, 10:00 AM report to moderator
Carol Carvalho

To anyone interested: He is going to be doing an interview tomorrow on Ellen Degeneres…. Have fun, girls!

Posted by Carol Carvalho on November 20, 2008, 10:15 AM report to moderator