Emma Watson Lights Up Christmas 2008

Watson
November 18, 2008, 03:43 PM

Emma Watson is lighting up Christmas again, this time in London, England. The Evening Leader reports the Hermione Granger actress turned on the Christmas tree lights today to mark the opening of the Somerset House Ice Rink. You can see early photos here via Wire Image via Rex and  here via WENNThe paper states "Watson turned on the lights on the Tiffany Christmas tree decorated with huge blue ice skates. She said she was "absolutely delighted" to be officially performing the switch-on.

Wearing a red scarf and a black coat, she added: "I've been coming here since I was about 13 and I absolutely love it. It's Christmassy and wonderful."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Propaniac

Oh, Somerset House is one of my favorite places in London—I wish I could have been there!

Posted by Propaniac on November 18, 2008, 07:44 PM report to moderator
AJWC1

I think the eye make up is fine as well.

Why try to paint her in a corner. She’s allowed to experiment, that’s what this age is for.

Posted by AJWC1 on November 18, 2008, 08:07 PM report to moderator
snape

i think she looks really good and beautiful emma keep din what you are doing!- i love you

Posted by snape on November 18, 2008, 08:14 PM report to moderator
ziesi

OMG she looks gorgeos!!!

Posted by ziesi on November 18, 2008, 09:50 PM report to moderator
LoonyLovegood

oooo…she looks pretty…specially her eye makeup

Posted by LoonyLovegood on November 18, 2008, 09:50 PM report to moderator
ziesi

OMG she looks gorgeos!!!

Posted by ziesi on November 18, 2008, 09:50 PM report to moderator
Audrey

Beautiful, as always!

Posted by Audrey on November 18, 2008, 10:12 PM report to moderator
Bandersnatch

Unrelated, but I just spent two minutes making both Harry, a History and Beedle the Bard spin like crazy in their respective countdowns. You would not believe how fun that was. Wheeeeeeeeeee.

Oh, um… yay Emma!

Posted by Bandersnatch on November 18, 2008, 10:16 PM report to moderator
elsa

Trust Emma to be the talk of the HP world even when she does nothing. (no work, that is). That eye makeup is so heavy I’m wondering if she can still see through it. lol. I’m eerily reminded of when Dan said that he’d like any excuse to wear heavy eye make up. Must have gotten the idea from dear old Hermione. LOL

Posted by elsa on November 19, 2008, 12:11 AM report to moderator
Z

bad make-up…. very bad

Posted by Z on November 19, 2008, 12:36 AM report to moderator
margoooo

Oh how I miss skating at Somerset House and the holiday season in London. I miss my Bloomsbury… :(

Posted by margoooo on November 19, 2008, 02:58 AM report to moderator
indie

Bad eye make-up. She’s trying hard to look indie but the ‘emo’ look doesn’t suit her. all it did was to make her look old.

Posted by indie on November 19, 2008, 04:03 AM report to moderator
Charlie

she looked beautiful. Don’t be too critical. sigh women…

Posted by Charlie on November 19, 2008, 04:32 AM report to moderator
Zac

Emma has such an innocnet face, such too heavy make-up really ruins it! I hate how women run after make-up and its latest trends without real consideration to how much it actually suits their natural features….

Posted by Zac on November 19, 2008, 01:57 PM report to moderator
Flora

She looks like she walked into a door.

By the way, I think you mean The Evening Standard. There’s no such paper as The Evening Leader, unless there’s one in, I dunno, Philadelphia or something.

She’s almost as good at applying eye make-up as she is at acting. Actually, scratch that (remembering Goblet of Fire) – much better at the make-up.

Posted by Flora on November 19, 2008, 04:04 PM report to moderator

"What would you say is the thing that frightens you most in the world?"[br]Neville's lips moved, but no noise came out. "Didn't catch that, Neville, sorry," said Professor Lupin cheerfully.[br]Neville looked around rather wildly, as though begging someone

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014