Emma Watson Lights Up Christmas 2008

Watson
November 18, 2008, 03:43 PM

Emma Watson is lighting up Christmas again, this time in London, England. The Evening Leader reports the Hermione Granger actress turned on the Christmas tree lights today to mark the opening of the Somerset House Ice Rink. You can see early photos here via Wire Image via Rex and  here via WENNThe paper states "Watson turned on the lights on the Tiffany Christmas tree decorated with huge blue ice skates. She said she was "absolutely delighted" to be officially performing the switch-on.

Wearing a red scarf and a black coat, she added: "I've been coming here since I was about 13 and I absolutely love it. It's Christmassy and wonderful."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

connie

Let the holiday season begin!!!

Posted by connie on November 18, 2008, 03:52 PM report to moderator
geo

waaaaaaaaay too much eye make-up!!!!

Posted by geo on November 18, 2008, 03:53 PM report to moderator
roonwit

It is Somerset House, which is in London, not Somerset (which is a county in the West Country and possibly where Hagrid comes from).

Posted by roonwit on November 18, 2008, 04:08 PM report to moderator
Jim

This counts as news?

Posted by Jim on November 18, 2008, 04:13 PM report to moderator
gregln

what’s the make uo all about? She looks weird. Quite unusual…

Posted by gregln on November 18, 2008, 04:24 PM report to moderator
Beth A

she doesnt look weird at all… it’s actually very fashionable (and I’ve seen way worse in the eye-makeup department). Wow… Torvil and Dean were there! I love them! Looks like emma got on skates and skated around with the kiddies… fun.

Posted by Beth A on November 18, 2008, 04:50 PM report to moderator
Amy Petrosky

Wow! what an honor. I guess the equivilant would be lighting the Rockefeller tree. so Wow.

Posted by Amy Petrosky on November 18, 2008, 04:58 PM report to moderator
eiVega

I was kinda surprised by the make-up too. It looks fine, but is very strong for Emma Watson. I don’t think we’ve seen her wear her make-up that heavy. Yeah sure, other actresses pull it off easy but with Emma it just feels different. It doesn’t seem to suit her. Not her style. It could be her look yes, but it’s not consistent with what we’ve previously seen from her.

augh. I can’t believe we’re actually discussing Emma Watson’s eye make-up…

Anyway, I was also surprised to see how big she looks while ice-skating with the other children! She’s all grown-up now!

Posted by eiVega on November 18, 2008, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Graymayne

Don’t forget that she is making a public appearance in her capacity as a filmstar, and the lighting conditions at the rink are probably very draining on the complexion. She wouldn’t want to look like a ghost on her photographs.

Posted by Graymayne on November 18, 2008, 05:35 PM report to moderator
Mainmemam

i also think she has too much make up for her. i want her to skate with me!

Posted by Mainmemam on November 18, 2008, 06:02 PM report to moderator
BonnieRadcliffe

The eye make up is good, but her face is kind of shiny… O_o

Posted by BonnieRadcliffe on November 18, 2008, 06:26 PM report to moderator
RosieWeasley

I personally think she looks awesome! it is some what of a different style for her, but she seemed to carry it just fine!

Posted by RosieWeasley on November 18, 2008, 06:33 PM report to moderator
Hermionegirl

I thought her eye makeup was fine, kind of like what she wore to a fshion show (Burberry, maybe?) awhile back. But her skin was a bit too shiny. otherwise she looked great! I wonder though, were those kids she was skating with just random kids, or were those her twin sisters?

Posted by Hermionegirl on November 18, 2008, 07:25 PM report to moderator
Slither

John Barrowman did the Birmingham ones, I think. I love that man.
Whooo go Emma too! _

Posted by Slither on November 18, 2008, 07:43 PM report to moderator
givemesomeTLC

aw the kid!

Posted by givemesomeTLC on November 18, 2008, 07:43 PM report to moderator

"Jordan, would you mind telling us what's going on in the match?" interrupted Professor McGonagall's voice.[br]"Right you are, Professor -- just giving a bit of background information -- the Firebolt, incidentally, has a built-in auto-brake and --"[br]"Jo

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014