New Photo of Ginny and Harry from "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"

HBP Film
November 17, 2008, 04:24 PM

Thanks to our Order partner BonnieWrightonline.com for letting us know about a new photo they have, showing Ginny (Bonnie Wright) and Harry (Dan Radcliffe) at Slughorn's dinner party from the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. You can see that new photo here.

Thanks much Jackie!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

andrei

you cool this 2nd year ginny? she really looks much more older, she even reminds me of lily. she’s the perfect miss potter-to be.

Posted by andrei on November 18, 2008, 09:00 AM report to moderator
andrei

*call, sorry

Posted by andrei on November 18, 2008, 09:01 AM report to moderator
Thio

Stephanie,
I don’t know!! I think it’s more something of Harry’s change of perspective than an actual change in Ginny.
My girlfriend is also my best friend’s little sister… and she didn’t change a bit.
It’s just that one day I looked at her and saw the most beautiful woman in the world looking back at me. It just kind of happens in life… Ginny doesn’t have to change.

But… speaking in a matter of film making, yes. They need to do something that show us, the audience, that Harry changed his mind. But it doesn’t have to be something in her looks… it can be a moment or something.

Posted by Thio on November 18, 2008, 09:24 AM report to moderator
DLflowers

Rose—ha ha ha ha :)

Posted by DLflowers on November 18, 2008, 10:47 AM report to moderator
Squibby

Yes,Thio , I agree with you, she didn’t change

Posted by Squibby on November 18, 2008, 12:02 PM report to moderator
lucy

umm.. i wonder where they are bout to go? or what they are bout to 2 do!!??
so cute!! cant wait till july!

Posted by lucy on November 18, 2008, 01:00 PM report to moderator
Jordan

In response to ross, I’m glad they’re adding unnecessary drama lol no seriously though I am, because it’s more of what was in the book :)

Posted by Jordan on November 18, 2008, 04:06 PM report to moderator
Christine

Aww, such a cute picture. (:

Btw – she’s crying because Twilight will ruin everyone’s eyes. It’s going to suck. muahahahhaha

Twilight is stupid. (: A little off topic, but whatever. :D

Posted by Christine on November 18, 2008, 05:34 PM report to moderator
Meredith

They make SUCH a cute couple. I’m SO excited to see them together!!!!!I NEED a time turner to get to July!!!!!!! 240 seems like such a big number.
(yes this is my favourite book!!!)

Posted by Meredith on November 18, 2008, 06:01 PM report to moderator
Justin

Great picture. Bonnie really is beautiful.

Posted by Justin on November 18, 2008, 07:54 PM report to moderator
ross

To those who asked where I heard about this scene, I heard it from a podcast called PotterWatch. Someone who saw the movie in Chicago gave an interview with them and gave lots of tidbits about the movie. :)

Posted by ross on November 18, 2008, 09:09 PM report to moderator
susan

oooooh thats the first photo I have seen where I can say it gave me goosebumps…they are gazing into eachothers eyes and I actually believed!!! I sooooo can’t wait to see this movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by susan on November 19, 2008, 12:02 AM report to moderator
Rose

Ross- Is this podcast affiliated with that site that post Private Information and Pictures of anyone connected to Harry Potter? I really hate that site so I’m just curious.

Posted by Rose on November 19, 2008, 12:32 AM report to moderator
ross

No – it’s on the Chamber of Secrets forums.

Posted by ross on November 19, 2008, 01:03 AM report to moderator
Maya

about the picture, i can’t say it really moves me i much rater sit and watch a trailer much more enthralling.

from what i understand the kissing scene between H&G in nothing like J.K. wrote it and from what i saw in the second trailer it seems they changed H&G with Ron and Lavender.

yep that jacket is hideous but understandably welcomed. harry is living with the dursly’s his a very humble person i can’t imagine him actually going out on it’s own and really buying fancy cloths not with Voldemort looming in the background.

as for harry finally noticing Ginny I think it also has something to do with the fact that she is actually talking around him and to him she isn’t afraid to show him a piece of her mind as we saw in book 5; also harry is a 16 year old guy who goes to school where- as we learned from the books- most girls have silly crush’s on “the boy who lived” not harry the person so it is only normal that he will be attracted to the ones who don’t have silly crushes on him and don’t forget there can’t be too many girls in the 15-18 age group he can/will date at Hogwarts, so he really is left with a small group of girls to fall for.
I find it only natural he has fallen for Ginny she is always there, she isn’t afraid to talk in front of him anymore therefore she isn’t afraid to be herself as we saw in book 5 she also isn’t afraid to bring some sense in him, and most of all she is very like Mrs. Weasley they do say men tend to marry their mothers and since Mrs. Weasley is the only true mother figure harry remembers, well I’m sure you can guess where I’m going, and she also most remind him of his own mother, at least in her appearance, which only strengthen my point.

Posted by Maya on November 19, 2008, 06:54 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"You've lost me my servant, boy!"[br]But Dobby shouted, "You shall not harm Harry Potter!"[br]There was a loud bang, and Mr. Malfoy was thrown backward. He crashed down the stairs, three at a time, landing in a crumpled heap on the landing below.