LeakyCon Proposal Submissions Open!

LeakyCon
Posted by: Melissa
November 16, 2008, 08:19 PM

Today LeakyCon, our fan conference set for Boston, MA, next May (21-24), has opened submissions for presentations and programming.

If you have an idea on a topic of Harry Potter canon; an idea for a presentation on a character, theme, moral, or event from the series; a tutorial on a particular Harry Potter creation; or even your own personal, unique story related to the Harry Potter series, we want to hear it. To submit your programming ideas, choose from the options listed below to provide us with an idea of what you have in mind. By filling out this short form, you will be giving us information on the presenters, the type of presentation you are planning, and everything you will need make your presentation perfect. The deadline for submitting your proposal is February 1, 2009.

The programming for LeakyCon is divided into three different tracks: Academic, Informal, and, a first for any Harry Potter conference, Youth. Academic Programming will focus on book canon and presentations centered on enlightening and inspiring others. Informal Programming will feature programming on lighter subjects and bring more lightheartedness and fun to our conference. Youth Programming will be geared specifically to those attendees who are between the ages of 14-18, providing them with presentations and programming specific to their interests while fostering an environment of community involvement. If you have an idea, lecture, programming thesis, or activity that could fit into one of our LeakyCon programming tracks, please click here to start the submission process for ACADEMIC programming, or click here for INFORMAL or YOUTH programming.

LeakyCon 2009 aims to bring together all aspects of the fandom for a weekend of fun, learning, and, above all, giving back. All proceeds from LeakyCon 2009 will benefit Book Aid International and the Harry Potter Alliance, two charities close to our hearts and who have worked tirelessly in the previous years in the fandom. Information on this aspect of our conference, along with everything else LeakyCon related, can be found on the LeakyCon website.

As a reminder, registration for LeakyCon 2009 is open and can be purchased via this link. Registrations are going quickly, so do not wait to reserve your spot at The Leaky Cauldron's first ever Harry Potter fan conference today. Discounts on registration are currently available as well; complete information can be found right here. Stay close to Leaky for the latest news from LeakyCon 2009.

See you there!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyCon News

Jessica R

I wish I could go!!!!!!!
I bet its gonna be epic.
Stupid far away-ness.
But I know we’ll hear about it! :)

Posted by Jessica R on November 16, 2008, 08:45 PM report to moderator
Bookworm Jen

Excellent! I don’t have a submission myself, but I can’t wait to start hearing about the offerings that are accepted. :)

Posted by Bookworm Jen on November 16, 2008, 08:54 PM report to moderator
Spencer V

The ticket link doesn’t work :(

Posted by Spencer V on November 16, 2008, 09:22 PM report to moderator
dragonsinger

Submitted! O_O

Posted by dragonsinger on November 16, 2008, 09:26 PM report to moderator
Questauthor

Thanks, Spencer V… we have our techies working on getting that link up and running. Meanwhile, if you go to the LeakyCon website, you can click on the tab marked “register” and go from there to get your ticket! Enjoy! Lisa Questauthor

Posted by Questauthor on November 16, 2008, 09:28 PM report to moderator
melissa

The link is working for me, guys. Try again?

Posted by melissa on November 16, 2008, 09:31 PM report to moderator
Zivlok

Yup, it’s working! Also, you made it 2008 one of the times. Yes, I pick nits more furiously than a crazed chimp.

Man, I wish I could apparate… cries

Posted by Zivlok on November 16, 2008, 09:44 PM report to moderator
H

Grrr. Why May 21st? Why? I want to go so badly. : (

Posted by H on November 16, 2008, 10:23 PM report to moderator
Julia

I just wrote a paper for school about how Fawkes is a representation of faith, courage and resurrection. goes to write abstract and submit

Posted by Julia on November 17, 2008, 12:23 AM report to moderator
Dontez Davis

man everytime i see this trailer dude it makes me want to see the movie so much i mite have to read the book again for like the 10th time lol

Posted by Dontez Davis on November 17, 2008, 08:33 AM report to moderator
JessicaS

I wish it wasn’t in the middle of the school year. I would love to be there :(

Posted by JessicaS on November 17, 2008, 10:00 AM report to moderator
Picazo

why everythig has to be 18 and under? There are many HP fans over 21. that love to participate!!!!!!!

Posted by Picazo on November 17, 2008, 11:17 AM report to moderator
questauthor

Picazo, you don’t have to be under 18 to go to this event; we are simply having a seperate track for those 14 to 18 who are attending. The majority of people going to the conference will be over 18; I myself am in my 40’s and I love going to HP conferences! There will be plenty for you to do; please join us!! lisa questauthor

Posted by questauthor on November 17, 2008, 11:23 AM report to moderator
Kimberly Hankins

Lisa there is probably not that much to do at that meeting. because it won’t be cool or anything you know it’s boring there. Kimberly

Posted by Kimberly Hankins on November 17, 2008, 04:07 PM report to moderator
Kendra

I want to be there soooo badly! :( So much money! :(

Posted by Kendra on November 17, 2008, 08:57 PM report to moderator

"[Scabbers] bit Goyle for us once!" Ron said miserably. "Remember Harry?"[br]"Yeah, that's true," said Harry.[br]"His finest hour," said Fred, unable to keep a straight face. "Let the scar on Goyle's finger stand as a lasting tribute to his memory."