ABC Family To Air Harry Potter Weekend in December

Movies
November 13, 2008, 09:49 AM

ABC Family is set to broadcast another special Harry Potter weekend movie marathon as part of their 25 Days of Christmas event December 5-7th. The cable station will broadcasting Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on Friday, December 5, with back to back showings of  Sorcerer's Stone, Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban on Saturday, December 6. Finally Sunday, December 7 will see a mini-marathon HP showing, starting with Chamber of Secrets, followed by Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire. In the past, these events are popular with fans due to the occasional inclusion of deleted scenes back in the broadcast versions of the films, and are often used to promote the newest Harry Potter movie. Please note, at this point we do not believe they will be showing any Half-Blood Prince footage, however it does remain possible, and we will update with more on this when we can.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Raymond

@_l l_:
I don’t think OotP will be shown. It just came out on DVD and Blu-ray not even a year ago. Why would PoA not have deleted scenes shown when it always does? I don’t think GoF will have deleted scenes, as there where none shown the last time it aired on ABC Family. Where did you hear all this?

Posted by Raymond on November 13, 2008, 09:31 PM report to moderator
Dumbledore and Fawkes

I agree with HPfan and Kerri! why wont they show OOTP???? it makes me sad when they dont show a complete series!!!! : (

Posted by Dumbledore and Fawkes on November 13, 2008, 09:53 PM report to moderator
_||_

Sorry about the miscommunication: I spoke too early about ABC showing OotP, it’s not in the books for 2008, but placed for Christmas 2009. They have optioned it, and are looking into reinserting extra-extra scenes (not on DVD) back into it.

As far as PoA is concerned, it does not have any deleted scenes that make sense to the movie when added back and no other footage. OotP on the other hand has even more “scrap” footage than GoF and SS (both also unreleased). These are mostly 2nd unit inserts and stand-in long-shots than proper scenes. This is being saved for the Ultimate Awesome Complete Collectors’ BluHD Mumbo-jumbo Overpriced Director’s Cut Producer’s Re-cut collection that will be released after DH1 & 2 are done.

GoF is possibly going to get the Snape Yule-Ball scene, the “moment” in the Gryffindor tower between Hermione and Ron after Cedric’s death, and the third Weird Sisters song.

Posted by _||_ on November 14, 2008, 08:03 PM report to moderator
Raymond

@_l l_:
I’m sorry, but seeing as you have included no sources, I have trouble believing what you have to say. If you do not include sources to back up what you say, you are not credible and nobody will believe what you say about the future of the movies. I asked you where you heard all this about the movies, but you did not say. And what you say about a new edition of Ootp makes no sense. No edition of a movie would have that long of a title. So I cannot believe anything in your comments in this post. I’m sorry, but you have to include sources if you’re going to pass on news.

Posted by Raymond on November 15, 2008, 12:13 AM report to moderator
Raymond

@_l l_:

Posted by Raymond on November 15, 2008, 12:13 AM report to moderator
_||_

@Ray: you don’t have to believe what I say; I’ve never leaked my sources before, and I will never do so in future. Those who wish to believe what I say/hear what I have to say, do. Those who don’t, won’t. I could frankly care less about that.

That “title” was a little joke, but I think you missed it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts though. Everyone is entitled to expressing their opinions/thoughts here.

Posted by _||_ on November 15, 2008, 01:30 PM report to moderator
Onyx

OMG!!! YAY!!! MY LIFE HAS BEEN COMPLETED!!!!!

Posted by Onyx on November 17, 2008, 01:30 PM report to moderator
Mack

this is really a tremendous movie and characters play a very significant role on that most of the people inspired from that sort of movie include me best of luck for the next part!!!!!

Posted by Mack on November 18, 2008, 09:59 AM report to moderator
Griffie

LOL @ the “Ultimate Awesome Complete Collectors’ BluHD Mumbo-jumbo Overpriced Director’s Cut Producer’s Re-cut collection” as a real title. Ha ha, that would be funny. Cute joke.

And Yay Harry at Christmas!

Posted by Griffie on November 20, 2008, 09:50 PM report to moderator

"Yeh did it! An' agains' the Horntail an' all, an' yeh know Charlie said that was the wors' --"[br]"Thanks, Hagrid," said Harry loudly, so that Hagrid wouldn't blunder on and reveal that he had shown Harry the dragons beforehand.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014