Hats Off For Dumbledore!

HBP Film
November 12, 2008, 12:37 PM

Thanks to Oclumencia who owled regarding new scans from a sticker book they have, which show some new images from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Among items of interest is this rare photo of Dumbledore (Michael Gambon) without his hat, a shot of the Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Requirement, Hermione (Emma Watson) and another photo of Quidditch Ron (Rupert Grint).

UPDATE: More stickers are online today, such as this of Slughorn, Draco, Hermione, Luna, and Ron.

Thanks Thiego!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

E.S.

Kind of looks like Gandalf, but still, much better than hobo Dumbledore I think! I hope the wardrobe improved too..

Posted by E.S. on November 13, 2008, 12:10 AM report to moderator
ravenclawguy1972

cool pics the quidditch ron ones are nice, nice to see more of hermione, i agree i have always pictured that when the room of requirement becomes the room of hidden things, its a huge hodgepodge of objects hidden in there over the lifetime of the school, as for DD he does kind of looklike gandalf in that pose, mere coincidental i hope, I did notice how ever he is wearing the Gaunt’s ring( Horcrux )

Posted by ravenclawguy1972 on November 13, 2008, 02:44 AM report to moderator
jenn.

aw dumby took his hat off! bit confused about the vanishing cabinet, looks like a little shed, but then again it looks sorta.. mysterious.. can i get a ooOooh. Emma looking very young there, but veeery pretty as always! ..and Rupert on his broom.. looking terrified haha.. gorgeous though ;P

whoever said “give gambon a hug and learn to love him.” well done. now you’ve made me want to go track down Gambon and hug him. i hope you’re please with yourself. lol ;D

Posted by jenn. on November 13, 2008, 04:35 AM report to moderator
Redbeard

haha, poor Gambon, Now he’s got people running after him at all times, shouting that they want to hug him and love him, hahaha

Posted by Redbeard on November 13, 2008, 05:07 AM report to moderator
Stefan M

i think wen i look closely at the hatless dumbledore pic i can kinda see a resemblence between him and richard harris’ portrayal :S

Posted by Stefan M on November 13, 2008, 09:30 AM report to moderator
the laughing Man

Stefan – I thought the same thing. He looks more like Richard Harris. This is definitely more inline with how I saw him in the books and matches the look of Dumbledore established in the first 2 films a bit better.

I definitely get the sense that he’s aged a bit here – could it be the effects of taking on the horcrux?

Posted by the laughing Man on November 13, 2008, 10:59 AM report to moderator
Vineeth

I agree with Joseph and Redbeard. The fun is not in whining about the differences but in embracing the diversity. And hoping for the best always of course.

Posted by Vineeth on November 13, 2008, 11:22 AM report to moderator
Tim

Is this where he starts singing: “I wish it could be Christmas every day!”?

Posted by Tim on November 13, 2008, 11:26 AM report to moderator
hambro

Hermione looks really good, especcially the first one. I think it’s a really good pose. Dumbledore looks quite good with his hat off and more like dumbledore in movie 1 and 2, crosses fingers. Also, the ron quidditch ones look good but they need to be more wizardy I think and more red, it’s too blue his quidditch clothes. Anyway, Luna looks great as always. Slughorn’s expression is just right but he needs to be way bulkier, I imagined him a human elephant basically with his big curved moustache. No moustache. Tut. Tut. Anyway, overall, I think this will be the best one so far, but i don’t liike the room of requirement picture. The room needs to be as big as the great hall and needs to be more cluttered like an attic.

Posted by hambro on November 13, 2008, 12:11 PM report to moderator
jESSIE

Mm…yeah. Tried to avoid seeing him as Gandalf, but this just nailed it in, and I’m not even a LotR fan! Yay, continuity and the Room of Requirement! It’s not nearly as cluttered as I imagined, but I still like it a lot.

These pictures are great and all, but WB, could you please release more official photos rather than us finding effing sticker books? Geeeeeeez. ENOUGH sticker books.

Posted by jESSIE on November 13, 2008, 03:24 PM report to moderator
Kiwi Mc I

I really imagined the ROR as more cluttered also. Just a huge cathedral filled with junk

Posted by Kiwi Mc I on November 13, 2008, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Selina

Dumbledore died and became the White Wizard!

Posted by Selina on November 13, 2008, 07:36 PM report to moderator
iheartpink

i actually really like these photos. i think there great. yes, i know there not perfect, but at least we’re getting something. i especially excited about the dumbledore pic. i was so upset when the PoA came out. i couldn’t stand the new dumbledore, but now, i think he looks more like the original and how i picture dumbledore from the book. : )

Agustin- his hand probably looks normal b/c they probably have to add a special effect to make it look dead.

Posted by iheartpink on November 13, 2008, 09:45 PM report to moderator
Naria

Wouldn’t a well-made glove be enough to make Dumbledore’s hand look dead? No special effects were made for the Phantom of the Opera’s face, and that was darn convencing.

But I love these pictures, especially those of Malfoy and Luna.

Posted by Naria on November 14, 2008, 12:14 AM report to moderator
Naria
  • convincing, I mean. Oops.
Posted by Naria on November 14, 2008, 12:15 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Really, Hagrid, if you are holding out for universal popularity, I'm afraid you will be in this cabin for a very long time... Not a week has passed since I became headmaster of this school when I haven't had at least one owl complaining about the way I r