"Harry, A History" Makes New York Times Bestseller List

Harry, A History
Posted by: Melissa
November 12, 2008, 06:02 PM

On Sunday, the New York Times Nonfiction Bestseller List will include Harry, A History. It will debut there at number 18 (a very lucky number in my, and many other people's, family).

It's tempting to say a lot right here. I'll save that for the website; for now, I'll just say thank you Leaky people, who have been buying it and talking about it and... and everything else. You can't expect me to think like a writer right now. Thank you. Thank YOU.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry, A History News

Dumbledore and Fawkes

I LOVED HARRY, A HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was soooooooooooooo amazing!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD JOB!!!!! : D I was to little and my mom so controlling I never knew about wizard rock, (or anything else that happened “before”)now im addicted. HARRYAND THE POTTERS 4EVER!!!!!!!!!! I was here for the long stretches for book 4-5 and all the rest, they were killer, and I HATE SPOILERS!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Posted by Dumbledore and Fawkes on November 13, 2008, 10:00 PM report to moderator
Frini

Dear Melissa, congratulations from Brazil! Yep, I’m from Rio de Janeiro and I just got my copy delivered. It’s great so far. Congratulations and may this one be the first of many.

Posted by Frini on November 13, 2008, 10:06 PM report to moderator
luciusgal

Melissa

Oh Melissa, I am so happy for you. I love your book. I had to wait for payday to get your book, and then I got really sick. I finally got it 2 days ago. It’s so good. I read it until I can’t keep my eyes open. It brings back so many memories. Congratulations.

Posted by luciusgal on November 13, 2008, 11:48 PM report to moderator
Jill

Bought my copy last weekend and am enjoying it very much!

Congrats, Melissa!!

Posted by Jill on November 14, 2008, 02:39 PM report to moderator
Cyndi

Congratulations, Melissa!! I’m about 2/3 of the way done and loving it!

Posted by Cyndi on November 14, 2008, 03:45 PM report to moderator
JRRigs12

Well done Melissa. Im half way through the book and im enjoying it very much. Thanks for writing it.

Posted by JRRigs12 on November 14, 2008, 05:38 PM report to moderator
Roselyn

The book is just FAB !!! Congratulations !!!!

Posted by Roselyn on November 15, 2008, 09:40 AM report to moderator
Brissy-Girl

Congrats!!! Melissa, i’m in Australia so I haven’t got my copy yet but i can’t wait!!
I’m sure everyone will agree with me and say we are so proud that you have this great honour!!

Keep up the good work and hopefully you will come downunder for a book signing.

Posted by Brissy-Girl on November 16, 2008, 03:52 AM report to moderator
Kat Williams

Soooo amazing! Ha ha your book inspired me to right my research paper in English 101 about how the harry potter hysteria has formed a sub-culture of its own. Well actually I came up with it before I found out about your book and I went to the bookstore and saw it and was like “now I HAVE to write it about that”. Your writing style really draws the reader in. A lot of the stuff you talk about in it seems so similar to my own experiences. May Harry Potter live forever and may you and leaky be right behind him!
With a dollop of love and a teaspoon of fan girl,
Kat
North Carolina

Posted by Kat Williams on November 16, 2008, 12:06 PM report to moderator
Alyssa

You deserve this Melissa! I just finished the book and LOVED it. As a fan, I felt like you were speaking directly to my heart in some places, rather than from yours. So cool!

Posted by Alyssa on November 16, 2008, 10:05 PM report to moderator
Snape's Mistress

Congratulations Melissa! For the record, I’m Argentinian, live in Germany, and I got your book through Amazon. I’m loving it. I just finished the chapter where you interviewed Laura Mallory and frankly, I admire your patience —or perplexity, or whichever other emotion that kept you from grabbing her from the back of the neck and bang her head on the table. Kudos!

Posted by Snape's Mistress on November 17, 2008, 06:25 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

...Dean Thomas, who was very good at drawing, had put up some impressive new banners, most of which depicted Harry zooming around the Horntail's head on his Firebolt, though a couple showed Cedric with his head on fire.