"Harry, A History" Makes New York Times Bestseller List

Harry, A History
Posted by: Melissa
November 12, 2008, 06:02 PM

On Sunday, the New York Times Nonfiction Bestseller List will include Harry, A History. It will debut there at number 18 (a very lucky number in my, and many other people's, family).

It's tempting to say a lot right here. I'll save that for the website; for now, I'll just say thank you Leaky people, who have been buying it and talking about it and... and everything else. You can't expect me to think like a writer right now. Thank you. Thank YOU.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry, A History News

Thio

lol!!
Well Jim… I guess we all know this (delusion) will never go away.
But it’s all good fun, isn’t it? What would be of the fandom if we couldn’t have this kind of argument?

I’m all for Harry and Ginny, by the way! =p

Posted by Thio on November 13, 2008, 05:45 AM report to moderator
Jim

Yes Thio, it is good fun. I just hope Dorothy and others aren’t too upset when they realise Jo Rowling said Harry and Hermione could have happened NOT should have.

Posted by Jim on November 13, 2008, 06:30 AM report to moderator
lindssnape

Wow! That is freakin awesome! OMG! Congrats to you, Melissa!
Just keeps getting better, doesn’t it?!

Posted by lindssnape on November 13, 2008, 06:38 AM report to moderator
Amy

Yeah! What a great accomplishment. Take a moment to enjoy the success, Melissa, you deserve it.

Posted by Amy on November 13, 2008, 06:58 AM report to moderator
Urs

Congratulations, Melissa, on a great book. I pre-ordered it some months ago and it arrived last week. I enjoy it tremendously. It’s a very well done companion book, great for all of us who have joined late in the HP saga (after book 3 for me). You totally deserve the success of this book after all the hard work that went into it and your comittment to the fans on this site.Best regards, Urs, Switzerland.

Posted by Urs on November 13, 2008, 07:32 AM report to moderator
Jen

Congrats! I can see how it made bestseller, our Barnes and Noble was almost sold out when I got mine.

Posted by Jen on November 13, 2008, 07:47 AM report to moderator
Rosalynn

I work at Target and i was looking through the books the other day and i saw your book. I got so excited because i come to your website every day. I wanted to start jumping up and down but i figured the customers would think i was strange. Congrats!!!! :)

Posted by Rosalynn on November 13, 2008, 07:59 AM report to moderator
Bot Marley

Congrats Melissa! I picked it up yesterday on my way to work and I cant put it down! Thank you for writing this book, I really appreciate all the hardwork and effort and how you poured your soul into it. It really shines!

Posted by Bot Marley on November 13, 2008, 08:25 AM report to moderator
emmy

Congratulations Melissa!!!

Posted by emmy on November 13, 2008, 08:42 AM report to moderator
Elise

Awww, yay!! Congrats Melissa! Amazing book!

Posted by Elise on November 13, 2008, 08:43 AM report to moderator
rosie

Woooooo !!! Can;t wait to read it :D:D 6 days !!

Posted by rosie on November 13, 2008, 09:00 AM report to moderator
Star

Melissa, I’ve just finished reading the book, and I’m still all teary-eyed. I think what made it so good was that you weren’t just telling your story, but OUR story as well, all the fans who’ve gone along on this amazing ride with you. I’ve been more of a lurker here on Leaky than a participating member, but hardly a day has gone by in the past few years that I haven’t stopped in to check the latest news and see what everyone is talking about. You and Leaky made it all so personal for us. Thank you—and congratulations on getting on the NYT bestseller list. I’m so proud of you I could bust!

PS—I can’t tell you how tickled I am that Jo has a TLC sticker in her office. I’ve got one on my car, not far above my HP-themed licence plate. grins

Posted by Star on November 13, 2008, 09:12 AM report to moderator
Mary

Melissa, from the first page I felt like I was reliving some of the most rewarding times of my reading life. What a great journey Jo has given us and you are walking us all through it again. This book was a terrific idea – to take a step back and remember and analyze and delight in the Harry Potter experience. Thank you so much and all of the congratulations in the world to you! You deserve it.

Posted by Mary on November 13, 2008, 09:20 AM report to moderator
Julie

I just wanted to add my congrats. I am currently reading your book, rather slowly, unfortunately, as time allows, but I love it. You not only know your subject, but you really opened your life up for all to see. In addition, you are a great writer. Don’t ever give that up!

Posted by Julie on November 13, 2008, 09:28 AM report to moderator
Josie

Hi Melissa,

Congrats on your bestselling book… hope you write more..

Anyway, do you know if it will be released in the Philippines?

Thanks and more power

Posted by Josie on November 13, 2008, 09:56 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Next Monday," he said as he scribbled, "I am likely to develop a cough, owing to the unlucky conjunction of Mars and Jupiter." He looked up at Harry. "You know [Trelawney] -- just put in loads of misery, she'll lap it up."