"Harry, A History" Makes New York Times Bestseller List

Harry, A History
Posted by: Melissa
November 12, 2008, 06:02 PM

On Sunday, the New York Times Nonfiction Bestseller List will include Harry, A History. It will debut there at number 18 (a very lucky number in my, and many other people's, family).

It's tempting to say a lot right here. I'll save that for the website; for now, I'll just say thank you Leaky people, who have been buying it and talking about it and... and everything else. You can't expect me to think like a writer right now. Thank you. Thank YOU.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry, A History News

Abby

Congrats Melissa!! I can’t wait to read it and I am sure I will enjoy it greatly! Well done!!

Posted by Abby on November 12, 2008, 10:56 PM report to moderator
Rebecca

omg CONGRATULATIONS, Melissa! I can’t wait to get my copy. I watched you reading from it on youtube and started crying at the tabby cat part. Oh man. I can’t wait to read the rest!!
and 18 is my lucky number too :)

Posted by Rebecca on November 12, 2008, 11:14 PM report to moderator
Kea

Congradulations Melissa! The book was incredible, it made me cry and laugh and just relect on this fandom. You deserve this.

Posted by Kea on November 12, 2008, 11:14 PM report to moderator
Christy

Already commented on facebook, but I think this is worth two comments…Congratulations! You are amazing! You turned being a fan into a best selling book! And by the way, it is a GREAT book. I keep wanting to send you an email about how wonderful I think it is, but I’m going to wait until I’m ALL finished! Should be quite soon :-)

Posted by Christy on November 12, 2008, 11:20 PM report to moderator
Susan

Just received my copy today. Congrats Melissa and thank you so much! You deserve this. :)

Posted by Susan on November 12, 2008, 11:27 PM report to moderator
LisaRosa

Congratulations, Melissa! I’m very happy for you that you’ve had your dream come true. You deserve it after all your hard work. :-)

Posted by LisaRosa on November 12, 2008, 11:27 PM report to moderator
(The) Hufflepuff Giraffe

AWESOME POSSUM FTW. I am so excited Melissa! (even though my book, which I ordered almost two weeks ago hasn’t arrived yet grumblegrumble) Congrats!! :-D

Posted by (The) Hufflepuff Giraffe on November 13, 2008, 12:04 AM report to moderator
Dorothy

Congrats Melissa! I can’t wait to get my copy. But from I read around the net I think it’s going to be very popular because you and Jo Rowling admit that Harry and Hermione should have happened.

Posted by Dorothy on November 13, 2008, 12:04 AM report to moderator
Katie

Congrats, congrats, congrats!! I’m only : ( about 1/4 the way through and would be further if I didn’t have to actually do school work. It’s been a great read so far!!

Posted by Katie on November 13, 2008, 01:13 AM report to moderator
mione

Congrats Melissa!!!!!! :)
Is ‘Harry, a history’ on sale in Australia?

Posted by mione on November 13, 2008, 01:54 AM report to moderator
Jim

“because you and Jo Rowling admit that Harry and Hermione should have happened”.
Oh dear, the delusion continues.

Posted by Jim on November 13, 2008, 02:26 AM report to moderator
LevioSA

congrats! i love the book and i’ve made sure to recommend it to my other potterheads!

Posted by LevioSA on November 13, 2008, 04:11 AM report to moderator
jenn.

haven’t got the book yet, will sometime, probably before my next holiday (new zealand, from england, so i’ll be stocking up on books _) congratulations!

Posted by jenn. on November 13, 2008, 04:40 AM report to moderator
jenn again.

what, my smily face turned into a — on my last comment, thats meant to be a ;D lol.

Posted by jenn again. on November 13, 2008, 04:41 AM report to moderator
Fragesteller

Congratulations Melissa, that’s wonderful news! Your book isn’t just fun to read (which it certainly is); it’s also a highly professional, skillfully written, well-researched historical document that will be a primary source for scholars and journalists for decades to come.

Posted by Fragesteller on November 13, 2008, 04:52 AM report to moderator

"There is much that I would like to say to you all tonight," said Dumbledore, "but I must first acknowledge the loss of a very fine person, who should be sitting here," he gestured toward the Hufflepuffs, "enjoying our feast with us. I would like you all,