"Harry, A History" Makes New York Times Bestseller List

Harry, A History
Posted by: Melissa
November 12, 2008, 06:02 PM

On Sunday, the New York Times Nonfiction Bestseller List will include Harry, A History. It will debut there at number 18 (a very lucky number in my, and many other people's, family).

It's tempting to say a lot right here. I'll save that for the website; for now, I'll just say thank you Leaky people, who have been buying it and talking about it and... and everything else. You can't expect me to think like a writer right now. Thank you. Thank YOU.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry, A History News

PCAndrew

Made of awesome! :) Way to go, yepeee!

Posted by PCAndrew on November 12, 2008, 06:06 PM report to moderator
christian

Do you know any international sales numbers? I’ve seen multiple book stores sell it here, which I didn’t know it would. So at least one sold in Sweden. :)

Posted by christian on November 12, 2008, 06:08 PM report to moderator
Mandi

Hurray! I expect it to keep selling well for a while as “everyone else” hears how great it is!

Posted by Mandi on November 12, 2008, 06:10 PM report to moderator
Helga Hufflepuff

WOW, congrats Melissa! This is amazing <33
You deserve it

Posted by Helga Hufflepuff on November 12, 2008, 06:11 PM report to moderator
Beth A

WOW!!! Congratulations Melissa. That’s fantastic. You must be just floating right now. I got mine, but work has not allowed me much time to do any reading. Expect to start it (and finish it) over the weekend.

Posted by Beth A on November 12, 2008, 06:12 PM report to moderator
Lilygale

I started reading on a long airplane ride and I love it so far. It brings back so many memories. It also reminds me that HP has been so much more than a good read. It reminds me of our sense of community and the feeling that I’ve been a part of history . I am getting nostalgic for the insane and never-ending (until 7-21-07) speculation around plot points. Thanks for the trip, Melissa.

Posted by Lilygale on November 12, 2008, 06:13 PM report to moderator
10thWeasley

I just finished it! It was a great book and the best HP companion book I’ve ever read! Congratulations Melissa!

Posted by 10thWeasley on November 12, 2008, 06:16 PM report to moderator
KatetheKeeper

Congrats Melissa! I started reading it and it’s great so far! I can’t wait to finish it!

Posted by KatetheKeeper on November 12, 2008, 06:16 PM report to moderator
Juan-John

It’s great! I read it over the weekend. Well done!

Posted by Juan-John on November 12, 2008, 06:18 PM report to moderator
Arithmancer

CONGRATULATIONS, Melissa!!!

Posted by Arithmancer on November 12, 2008, 06:19 PM report to moderator
greenscar

Congrats Melissa!!! I got the book last week and its great. I started reading it in Barnes and Noble and didnt stop till it closed and they kicked me ou then i took it home and kept on reading. What a truly wonderful book, it captures what its truly like to be apart of this wonderful fandom. Thank you for such an amazing book! I’m putting it on my shelf right next to my HP books!

Posted by greenscar on November 12, 2008, 06:20 PM report to moderator
Zivlok

SO many congratulations, Melissa! You totally, totally, deserve it!

Posted by Zivlok on November 12, 2008, 06:23 PM report to moderator
: D

THAT IS SO AMAZING MELISSA I <3 U AND UR BOOK!!!!!!!!

Posted by : D on November 12, 2008, 06:24 PM report to moderator
Maria

AHHHHHHHHH! Congrats Melissa, you deserve it. you are my hero

Posted by Maria on November 12, 2008, 06:28 PM report to moderator
Melinda Salter

I very much enjoyed your book. Well done!!

Posted by Melinda Salter on November 12, 2008, 06:29 PM report to moderator

You had to hand it to them, thought Harry, as George took an ordinary hairpin from his pocket and started to pick the lock.[br]"A lot of wizards think it's a waste of time, knowing this sort of Muggle trick," said Fred, "but we feel they're skills worth l