Video of Dan Radcliffe Today Show Interview Now Online

Radcliffe
November 10, 2008, 12:15 PM

As we reported previously actor Dan Radcliffe was to be a guest on NBC's The Today Show this morning, and the video of this new interview (Update) is now available here in our video galleries.  In the short interview (runs approx 4:21) Dan discusses working on the play Equus, where he notes he does not read the reviews for his work. Unfortunately, only the slightest of mentions is made at the very end seconds of the interview regarding the upcoming Harry Potter films, with no time left for comments from Dan on the movies.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

anne

“Sharon: “So many good questions left unasked just so Ann Curry could ask Dan about taking his clothes off. I swear, Dan should just do the interviews naked and get it over with.”

LemonFaerie: “I agree entirely with your sentiment, but I was ROTFLMAO over the wording, LOL, you are too right! :)” "

my sentiments exactly LemonFaerie! I LOLd at Sharon’s wording. I agree it’s a pity the media focus on the wrong thing. There’s a lovely review in the Star http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/Theatre/article/532150 which says Dan has potential to “theatrical greatness” as long as he makes the right choices in his career. That’s exactly the impression I came away with when watching Equus last year in London and I think he’s improved since then in the NY version.

Posted by anne on November 10, 2008, 05:34 PM report to moderator
matea

wow…he’s beautiful! more than ever! I love him;)

Posted by matea on November 10, 2008, 07:50 PM report to moderator
Elyzie

Yeah, I pretty much agree with everything Sharon said in her post. After seeing the play, I am so shocked that people focus that much on Dan’s nudity. It’s absolutely integral to the plot, and it’s not even for that long. I mean NO ONE ever mentioned that his co-star Anna gets naked too, LOL! It was my first broadway play too and I loved it! Dan and the rest of the cast are immensely talented.

Of course when I got back to work everyone asked me if I saw Dan naked before they asked me how the play was. ;)

Posted by Elyzie on November 10, 2008, 10:37 PM report to moderator
sienna

Whoa! Dan looks more a man here than a teen. And the longer hair makes him look more handsome. Not really a fan of the short hair.

And this interview is an abbreviated verison of the real interview. Maybe they cut out the funny parts.

Posted by sienna on November 11, 2008, 03:24 AM report to moderator
pottershrink

I thought the interviewer was awful! She kept asking questions and then not waiting for Dan to answer, she cut across and interrupted. Wish interviewers would just shut up some and then maybe we’d get some novel answers.

I also thought it was very patronising of HER to lean over and congratulate HIM on being such a great young man – I mean, who’s the star here?!! Dan has proved himself with a bunch of great and varied performances on film, tv and stage, and she has no place being so condescending to someone of his acting stature. I wish he had leaned over and patted her on the head and said something like, “And you’re a sweet young lady, really, I’m amazed you’ve got your head screwed on right, honey.”!!

Posted by pottershrink on November 11, 2008, 05:24 AM report to moderator
bebe

I agree, Sienna, he looked like an adult, no longer a teen. A handsome adult, too, I’d say.

And I don’t know, pottershrink, I think it was kind of sweet (but maybe I’m being condescending). He has done well, and seems to have retained a sweet nature through it all. That is remarkable and he deserves a pat on the back for that.

Posted by bebe on November 11, 2008, 09:28 AM report to moderator
sml

I don’t think adults can help themselves pottershrink – Dan just seems like such an incredibly sweet guy. People aren’t really being condescending – remember – 19 is still very young to an adult, and people are just impressed with his humility and the charming way in which he handles himself. You always think – what a great role model.

Posted by sml on November 11, 2008, 11:16 AM report to moderator
Rhiannon

Sharon “So many good questions left unasked just so Ann Curry could ask Dan about taking his clothes off. I swear, Dan should just do the interviews naked and get it over with.” Have seen him twice in Equus and please could they just get past the nudity thing. He hates those questions.

And Lermon “I agree entirely with your sentiment, but I was ROTFLMAO over the wording, LOL, you are too right! :)” You know what I think and have you worn your shirt yet. I love having Dan’s naked torso on mine! LOL

Posted by Rhiannon on November 11, 2008, 04:00 PM report to moderator
celia

YAY DAN!!! I absolutely love him as an actor and as a person in general. He just seems like such a great person to be around. I want to see Equus so bad! I’ve seen clips of it online and just those couple of minutes was enough to give me chills. I’ve always thought Dan was a great actor, but he just keeps getting better and better. I can’t believe they’re all grown up now!! Dan is doing Equus, Rupert has two upcoming independent films, Emma is about to go to COLLEGE! I can’t believe it!!

Posted by celia on November 12, 2008, 12:02 AM report to moderator
LemonFaerie

AH! Hahahaha, Rhiannon! LOL I stare at it every chance I get. :) The best gift ever, for sure!

I just watched this interview again, and I was struck again by the fact that he really is all grown up. It made me sort of teary, actually, LOL, but he looks amazing and sounds fantastic. I love that he has remained so grounded and just… NICE (and Emma and Rupert, too.) I am so happy for him and the successes he has worked so hard for. I wish him all the best in everything he ever takes on in the future. He will always be Harry to me first, but it is great to see him in other roles and to know that once HP is finished he is not going to disappear from the screen or stage. He has a long, exciting career in front of him.

There is a quick second in that interview, when she asks about the nudity, that I swear he had to rein in a little impatience. I am sure as an actor of his caliber it gets very annoying to have to keep answering about that instead of being able to answer an intelligent question about such serious work. But he still smiled and answered professionally. I just admire him so much as a person and an actor.

And, on a totally physical note… I REALLY hope they keep the scruffier look for DH. :) He needs to look a little bad a** for that one!

Posted by LemonFaerie on November 12, 2008, 01:39 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Hagrid was wearing his best (and very horrible) hairy brown suit, plus a checked yellow-and-orange tie. This wasn't the worst of it, though; he had evidently tried to tame his hair, using large quantities of what appeared to be axle grease. It was now sli