New Photo of McGonagall from "Half-Blood Prince"

HBP Film
November 10, 2008, 08:13 PM

A new photo from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has now surfaced online. Bearing an official WB logo, this looks to be a new still of Professor McGonagall, as portrayed by actress Dame Maggie Smith. You can see this photo here in our galleries.

Thanks to ScarPotter for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

rehhhh

Posted by rehhhh on November 10, 2008, 08:19 PM report to moderator
Beth A

for those that dont read …Spanish? …Italian? … if I’m not mistaken, you have to click the word “aqui” at the end of the post to see the full pic.

Posted by Beth A on November 10, 2008, 08:32 PM report to moderator
Gweneth the Good

Just curious, why did we take away pictures for the post? I miss them. They spruce up the page.

Posted by Gweneth the Good on November 10, 2008, 08:33 PM report to moderator
Bobby

Just curious – anyone else think that the wooden thing next to her kinda look like a piano? Is Flitwick teaching more than just choir now?

Also, McG. looks suitably older and more stressed out than usual.

Posted by Bobby on November 10, 2008, 08:41 PM report to moderator
Amanda!!!

i totally agree gweneth !!! ah i got on today and was all wth!!

I LOVE MINERVA!

Posted by Amanda!!! on November 10, 2008, 08:41 PM report to moderator
B.

This isn’t a official release, the HBP logo is fan made.

Posted by B. on November 10, 2008, 08:43 PM report to moderator
Carebie

Thank you Beth A for the instructions to see the picture!

Posted by Carebie on November 10, 2008, 08:50 PM report to moderator
iheartpink

B. - r u sure? this photo looks pretty authentic. i agree w/ Bobby, i like how McG “looks suitably older and more stressed out than usual” ; )

Posted by iheartpink on November 10, 2008, 08:56 PM report to moderator
tinagin

Its actually portuguese, and yes you click at the bottom of the article where it says “cliquando aqui.”. The site speculates that it is a depiction of a scene after Dumbledore’s death. I actually think they are on to something, but who knows.

Posted by tinagin on November 10, 2008, 08:58 PM report to moderator
T-Vey

LOL Bobby… i thought it was a piano at first too. but i think that it’s actually a desk.. possibly Dumbledore’s??

Posted by T-Vey on November 10, 2008, 09:34 PM report to moderator
ian

i agree with gweneth ;D
the pictures before the posts were really nice.

Posted by ian on November 10, 2008, 09:38 PM report to moderator
Giverny

Is it Dumbledore’s actual body?

Posted by Giverny on November 10, 2008, 10:05 PM report to moderator
Beth A

you’re welcome. :) I had issues myself. I had tried the first link, but didnt go where I wanted. Then I thought I remembered some very-long-ago spanish that I learned that aqui translated to here. I guess, since it was actually portuguese, then it was actually a lucky guess.

Posted by Beth A on November 10, 2008, 10:08 PM report to moderator
singlewhitestar

You know I thought it was a body at first too, but there’s no way they’d spoil that so soon, I concur with t-vey, looks like a desk with a book on it. But it seems like an unusually tall desk, I don’t recognize it at all…

Posted by singlewhitestar on November 10, 2008, 11:11 PM report to moderator
13_lucky_chams

Woah Jeebus, talk about your shoulder pads of doom xD

Posted by 13_lucky_chams on November 10, 2008, 11:29 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

He knew perfectly well whom he'd [i]like[/i] to ask, but working up the nerve was something else... Cho was a year older than he was; she was very pretty; she was a very good Quidditch player, and she was also very popular.