Robert Pattinson Set to Receive 'New Hollywood Award' at Hollywood Film Festival

Pattinson
Posted by: Edward
October 07, 2008, 04:08 PM

Actor Robert Pattinson (Cedric Diggory) is set to be honored at the upcoming 12th Annual Hollywood Film Festival and Hollywood Awards which recognizes the achievements made by actors in new films, or based on their body of work. MediaBistro is reporting that Mr. Pattinson will being honored with the New Hollywood Award at the ceremony. Readers will remember that in addition to playing the character of Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter films, Mr. Pattinson is set to play Edward Cullen in the upcoming “Twilight” film. Actors Ben Stiller, Marisa Tomei, and the cast of “The Secret Life of Bees” are also set to receive recognition at the upcoming film festival and awards ceremony. Carlos de Abreu, Executive Director of the Festival, said the following of Mr. Pattinson being included in the recent announcement:

“It is an honor to recognize the great work and talent of Ben Stiller, Marisa Tomei, the principal cast of ‘The Secret Life of Bees’ and Robert Pattinson at this year’s festival.”

The gala and ceremony is set to take place October 27th, at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California. Many congratulations, Robert!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Pattinson News

Sarah

I love this new. Robert is by far one of the most talented young actors. He has shot to fame so quickly. He has more talent then Dan and Emma have in their little fingers. Sorry but its true. I cannot friggin wait to see him as Dali in Little Ashes, its gonna totally change his career. People will take him a lot more seriously after that role. Everyone who has seen the screening of Little Ashes said its the most emotional, beautfiul love story ever and that Rob and Javier are just fantastic in it. But being a huge Twilight fan myself, i cannot wait to see how he plays Edward Cullen, Everything i’ve seen so far has been very good. And he is also a talented musican. Man is there nothing he can’t do!
To think that he started off in that small role of Cedric. He has completely surpassed Daniel Radcliffe in every single way, no offence to Dan fans. I find it laughable that Rob started off in such a small, teen role, because he’s litterally the next Johnny Depp.

Posted by Sarah on October 15, 2008, 01:10 PM report to moderator
Sarah

P.S. Robert has a rare talent for becoming his character. As Kat correctly pointed out, you will never see any of Rob’s personality in any of his roles. He completely changes. Its GREAT! Kat is totally right, He’s a REAL actor. He doesn’t seem to care about fame at all. Its his passion, his talent. In real life he’s just your average typical British guy who hangs out and likes to drink but when he goes on set….omfg its just amazing. I read this article where they described his process. When they call “action” he stares at the ground for 30 seconds and when he looks up, he has litterally become the character. Isn’t that cool?! He reminds me of actors like Heath Ledger, Johnny Depp, James McAvoy, and Ewan McGregor. They all seem to have that talent

Posted by Sarah on October 15, 2008, 01:19 PM report to moderator
Kari

I’ve been lucky enough to see some of his other work (as yet unreleased in the US), and I have to say that this award (though slightly surprising at this stage) is well-deserved. He’s gotten a lot of attention thanks to Twilight, but his performance in How To Be (which I have been lucky enough to see thanks to the film festival circuit) is outstanding – very endearing and extremely funny. I haven’t seen Little Ashes yet (though it too has recently started the festival circuit from what I understand), and from what I’ve heard, his performance in that is also noteworthy and will probably garner him a great deal of critical praise.

Posted by Kari on October 19, 2008, 01:02 AM report to moderator
Shanna

I am in love with EDWARD ANTHONY MASON CULLEN (and Robert Pattinson!!!!!!!!!!!!) I have been a devoted TRUE Harry Potter Fanatic forever. My boyfriend is a little jealsoe of Edward because I talk so much about him and the Twilight book (Im actually draging him to the movie premeir!) In the 4th film of HP I thought Rob was hot, but when I found out that he was playing EDWARD ome [for those whom dont know what ome is it stands for Oh My Edward] Rob then ‘sparkled’ [lol -Twilight joke] so much more in thine eyes!

Posted by Shanna on October 22, 2008, 03:21 AM report to moderator
Emily Bell

Im his future wife.

he doesnt know it yet

Posted by Emily Bell on December 08, 2008, 12:00 PM report to moderator

"By the way, my dear," she shot suddenly at Parvati Patil, "beware a red-haired man."[br]Parvati gave a startled look at Ron, who was right behind her, and edged her chair away from him.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014