Two New Photos from the "Half-Blood Prince" Film

HBP Film
Posted by: Edward
October 30, 2008, 06:56 PM

Two new images from the "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" film have surfaced online this evening.  The first image shows Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley in a swampy marsh outside The Burrow, while the second shows Professor McGonagall, with wand pointing to the sky, surrounded by Hogwarts students and staff in the courtyard.

The sixth film, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," is set to open in theaters July 17, 2009.

Thanks to SnitchSeeker for mailing.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

monster

the second picture troubles me, is it supposed to be just after dumbledore dies, looks like it, but why would Mc Gonagall cast a bolt of lighting? “The lighting struck tower” maybe? it’s too hollywood for me, what do you guys think?

Posted by monster on October 30, 2008, 08:41 PM report to moderator
becca

ron and hermionie, ooo.. the romance makes me melt!

Posted by becca on October 30, 2008, 09:05 PM report to moderator
ravenclawguy1972

cool pics the one of ginny and harry inthe swap is obviously after the burrow is attacked and they have been flushed from it and have someone comming after them and harry is trying to protect Ginny , as for the others pic the one of Ron and Hermione and what likes like most of the student body of Hogwarts is watching Professor McGonagall to me looks like she is perhaps getting rid of the Dark Mark over the Astronomy tower, or perhaps cast a tribute to Dumbledore , I have to LMAO@ mugglenet they have the pic of Mcgonagall named that she is casting the dark mark, Honestly why in merlin’s beard would she be doing that of all things ?

Posted by ravenclawguy1972 on October 30, 2008, 09:44 PM report to moderator
Linny

Hahahha I have the same dressing gown as Ginny :D

Crown Victoria: I know it doesn’t seem like something she’d choose, but it might be something that Molly would choose for her lol. My mum got me mine..

Posted by Linny on October 30, 2008, 09:47 PM report to moderator
iheartpink

ughh… im still so frustrated that they have added another stupid scene that wasn’t at all in the book, yet they cut some pretty major scenes, like the guants!!! crown victoria, i agree with u. ginny just isnt such a girlie girl.
oh, and i think in the 2nd pic mcgonagall might be sending a message to the order???

Posted by iheartpink on October 30, 2008, 10:20 PM report to moderator
Ginger

The first pic with Harry,Ginny, what part of the book is it from?

hehe I wasn’t surprised when I saw Ginny in the pink robe; she did think those pink Pygmy Puffs were cute after all :P

Posted by Ginger on October 30, 2008, 10:22 PM report to moderator
Sue

Why do all you people think pink is such a girlie color? My daughter is such a tomboy – plays hockey, soccer, etc. – yet her favorite color to wear is pink. I had a thing against pink at one point, but then I realized I looked good in it, so it was almost an ironic thing to wear it as I was tomboyish too. It’s almost like saying – “so you think I’m pink? – try me . . . .”

Posted by Sue on October 31, 2008, 12:26 AM report to moderator
summer

I NEED a high res picture of the Harry/Ginny pic! They are getting me excited for them! I hope the changes Heyman talked about means more Harry and Ginny, the primo couple

Posted by summer on October 31, 2008, 01:18 AM report to moderator
blu3tick

May she is taking the lightning and zapping the dark mark and making it go away????

Posted by blu3tick on October 31, 2008, 06:53 AM report to moderator
anne

I agree with Linny that Ginny’s bathrobe has been chosen by Molly, or is even likely a hand me down, just as Ron gets hand me downs from his brothers.

Also Sue, you are right in a way, pink used to be considered a masculine colour and was the colour chosen for baby boys until ca 1950, because it was based on red and therefore considered a strong, assertive colour. Men of quality were also meant to wear pink shirts with their suits. Whereas blue was a girl’s colour. Funny how history changes things.

Posted by anne on October 31, 2008, 07:17 AM report to moderator
Confederate Lady

@eva: She’s not “in” the movie! LOL. But we do see “students” from time to time1 I’m supposing “Cho” is still at Hogwarts, even though she’s not with ‘Harry’ Great pictures..VERY clear. But I am stumped on the ‘McGonegal" picture. Can’t wait. [Have to, but can’t!]

Posted by Confederate Lady on October 31, 2008, 08:16 AM report to moderator
dodo

YaY!

Posted by dodo on October 31, 2008, 08:37 AM report to moderator
jennie

is there an attack at the burrow? i don’t remember reading that in the book.
Oh well it still looks good.

Posted by jennie on October 31, 2008, 09:12 AM report to moderator
Confederate Lady

@jennie: It’s not in the book….it’s a new scene, they added, for whatever reason. Odd, but there it is!

Posted by Confederate Lady on October 31, 2008, 09:30 AM report to moderator
Picazo

Cool Pics, i love it they just make me more excited and anxious

Posted by Picazo on October 31, 2008, 10:08 AM report to moderator

Mrs. Weasley and Bill were having their usual argument about Bill's hair.[br]"...getting really out of hand, and you're so good-looking, it would look much better shorter, wouldn't it, Harry?"[br]"Oh -- I dunno --" said Harry, slightly alarmed at being as

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014