New Photos of Fenrir Greyback, Narcissa Malfoy and More

HBP Film
October 29, 2008, 01:17 PM

Several new photos from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince have surfaced online. New are looks at Fenrir Greyback, Narcissa Malfoy, Teen Tom Riddle, Head table with Prof. Slughorn, as well as one of  Ron with Lavender Brown, Young Professor Slughorn, Dumbledore and Harry at the train station, another of Professor Slughorn extracting a memory.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is set to open in theaters July 17, 2009.

Thanks to Potterish for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

BellaSnape

I have to agree with Tom and Jeff back there. Here we go again. YOU all are a bunch of whiners. Stop, just STOP! For Gods sake! Narcissa looks fine! she is beautiful, yes they changed the look of her a little but no need to go and have a fricken cow about it. I have been with these books since the beginning and love them as much as the next person. There is no way they can make it to match whats in your heads. So quit saying shes ugly, shes old, blah blah blah. We heard this before when you all had a cow that Helen was casted. That is rude beyond belief. Helen is 39 yrs old. Helena and Jason are both 42 if I recall correctly. So stop with the childish non-sense. And grow up a little. And really to call someone old??? Alan Rickman is 62 almost 63 and I wouldnt consider him old.

Posted by BellaSnape on October 29, 2008, 08:53 PM report to moderator
Sgt Pepper

Hmmm, i was hoping they’d make Narcissa a bit hotter, but she is still quite hot :)

I still fancy Narcissa though, Harry is one lucky bugger, I wish Narcissa Malfoy would put her hand down my shirt… blimey did I just type that out loud? Ah well if the girls can fancy Draco and Lucius, the guys can fancy Narcissa!

Posted by Sgt Pepper on October 29, 2008, 08:54 PM report to moderator
BellaSnape

Just think if she were on here reading what you had to say, or if she were in front of you- you mean to tell me you would call her ugly or old? Im 19 and have been mistaken for 25, yes thats cool now, but it makes me think about whether or not I will always look older than I really am. Its not nice.

Posted by BellaSnape on October 29, 2008, 08:58 PM report to moderator
nubiana

I don’t think that Lavender looks like Hermione at all.. However, if a certain movie crew had made Hermione a brunette like she was supposed to be…there would be no confusion at all amongst some fans. Emma was almost beach blond in her opening scenes with Dan and Harry in OotP. Ridiculous…. Yeah, I’m whining, but darnit it’s a free country and I’ll whine if I want to, LOL

Posted by nubiana on October 29, 2008, 09:59 PM report to moderator
Vincent

Why do people complain about complaining?
Am I not aloud to voice my opinion because last time I check I was.

Posted by Vincent on October 29, 2008, 09:59 PM report to moderator
Madeline

Wow, Narcissa looks like Cruella DeVil!! Not at all like I pictured. And I’m not a big fan of Fenrir either. He looks kind of fake to me. But I loved the other photos!!

Posted by Madeline on October 29, 2008, 10:14 PM report to moderator
BellaSnape

@ Vincent- Because its taken up 7 pages and more before when we were discussing Helens casting. And at this point and even to begin with its sick, childish, and pointless. Not to mention it makes you look like a conceited a-hole.

Posted by BellaSnape on October 29, 2008, 10:23 PM report to moderator
RiddleLover

I just love the picture of Fenrir. He’s totally scary. As for Cissy. Well she alright I guess. Who I’m not crazy about at all is..Tom Riddle. I mean, yeah, we’ve lived with Christian Coulson’s image for so long, that it will be hard for anyone to take his place, but Frank Dillane just doesn’t look right. I hope it’s just a bad pic though.

Posted by RiddleLover on October 29, 2008, 10:31 PM report to moderator
kassi

is it just me, or does the one of slughorn extracting the memory look like he’s, in JKR’s words, “laying a quaffle-sized egg.”? just my thoughts. i loved the one of ron and lavender on the calendar with the words ‘my sweetheart’ and the necklace. hadn’t seen it before. i loved them all except for greyback who looked real creepy. shivers

Posted by kassi on October 29, 2008, 10:53 PM report to moderator
kassi

OMG i didn’t know ron actually wears the necklace! did it say that in the book? i know i’ll be disappointing ron&hermione fans here, but if ron actually liked lavender i think they’d make a cute couple. that is, if hermione had someone else. anyway, great pics.

Posted by kassi on October 29, 2008, 10:57 PM report to moderator
decarus

I think narcissa looks great. I did imagine blond hair but i am sort of indifferent about those sort of things. She definitely looks like she could be draco’s mother and has the right smell under her nose attitude going on.

I think the picture of fenrir is just a bad picture. I don’t think there will ever be a time in the film when there is that much light on him. I think he could look successfully creepy in the shadows. He totally does make you think of an underworld lycan now that you mention that.

I think that what people mean with confusing hermione with lavandar is in the new trailer it went by so fast that if you didn’t know what was happening you would think it was hermione. Ron and hermione have been flirting for three films now so i think they are trying to trick the audience who doesn’t know the book into thinking it is hermione. I don’t think they look anything alike in actuality besides both having wavy hair.

Posted by decarus on October 29, 2008, 11:09 PM report to moderator
Brianna

OMG, i screamed when i saw greyback, cause when i clicked it, it was an extra large pic, and it just popped up, very creepy. AHHH. omg, tusk tusk WTF is up with her hair

Posted by Brianna on October 29, 2008, 11:26 PM report to moderator
Moody One

Greyback scared me this morning! Love love love him! As for the rest of the pic’s, I thought that they were great. All but the toupee on top of Narcissa’s head. I couldn’t resist. I can’t wait until the movie comes out! ( I’m still secretly hoping that the date is right on the teaser trailer and it’s coming out this Christmas.) Delusional, I know. lol

Posted by Moody One on October 29, 2008, 11:40 PM report to moderator
IndigoMisfit

Loved all the pics, with the one exception being Mrs. Malfoy’s hair. I kind of get what they were going for, but it just looks like she is wearing a bad hairpiece.

Posted by IndigoMisfit on October 30, 2008, 12:17 AM report to moderator
Erica

Why does everyone keep saying Narcissa is too old? Helen McCrory is 40 (Jason Issacs is 45). I think she looks great.

Posted by Erica on October 30, 2008, 12:45 AM report to moderator

"But surely you have noticed that Potter is very like his father?"[br]"Yes, I have," said Sirius proudly.[br]"Well then, you'll know he's so arrogant that criticism simply bounces off him," Snape said sleekly.