New Photos of Fenrir Greyback, Narcissa Malfoy and More

HBP Film
October 29, 2008, 01:17 PM

Several new photos from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince have surfaced online. New are looks at Fenrir Greyback, Narcissa Malfoy, Teen Tom Riddle, Head table with Prof. Slughorn, as well as one of  Ron with Lavender Brown, Young Professor Slughorn, Dumbledore and Harry at the train station, another of Professor Slughorn extracting a memory.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is set to open in theaters July 17, 2009.

Thanks to Potterish for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Anna

maybe Lavender looks a lot like Hermione to remind us that Ron was with her to move on, to forget hermione, if you know what I mean.

Posted by Anna on October 29, 2008, 07:35 PM report to moderator
T-Vey

Ok everyone… (i’m sorry I cant site any specific resources) but I read from a review on the movie screening that the reason that Harry and Dumbledore are at the train station is because this is where they first meet each other to go to Slughorn’s house! There are no Dursleys in this movie so they skip right to the part where dumbledore comes. This is also the first place we find Harry. I believe this includes an added scene where Harry is flirting with a waitress and then the train and the smoke clear from across him and he sees Dumbledore just standing there.

Posted by T-Vey on October 29, 2008, 07:38 PM report to moderator
Justin

Fenrir seriously looks like a bad halloween costume. The eyes look like marbles and the teeth look like the ones you win in those machines in front of kmart. Hopefully there won’t be any closeups.

Posted by Justin on October 29, 2008, 07:43 PM report to moderator
Flourished Blot

Fenrir is freaking me out! Narcissa looks really wonderful though, as does teen Riddle. I really can’t wait to see just how exuberant Lavender is, I have a feeling she’ll be perfectly loathsome. =D

Posted by Flourished Blot on October 29, 2008, 07:45 PM report to moderator
Anna

oh, and narcisa reminded me of professor mcgonagal, and grayback´s all wrong, he should be a proper worewolf, but if that´s what he looks like when he´s human, it´s creepy, but that beard it´s stupid.
And I didn´t see anyone saying this, but Dan looks stunning, like very handsome, in all pics so far, more that he was in any of the movies!

Posted by Anna on October 29, 2008, 07:45 PM report to moderator
Chrysanthemum

Ahh, so Narcissa is the Potter version of Cruella De Vil ? In that light the hair makes sense….well sort of.

Posted by Chrysanthemum on October 29, 2008, 07:51 PM report to moderator
Kerri

i love Ron! look at that necklace. it’s not quite how it is in the book but it sure gets the point across! it’s aweful.

Posted by Kerri on October 29, 2008, 08:00 PM report to moderator
T-Vey

I would also like to add that I cannot believe what a bunch of complainers some of you people are!!! I get so excited when I get to see photos and stills of this movie and all this negativity just starts to eat away and diminish the joy in it. It’s just NOT worth it, guys. If you don’t like the appearance of the characters, you could probably just wait for a minute or two, and you’ll probably get over it by that time! I started to laugh when people replied that they disliked every single photo. How can anyone even say they dislike the one of Ron?? He’s not a new character, and all he’s doing is sitting there! It’s so much more satisfying to anticipate a movie when you tell yourself how great it’s going to be, instead of picking out every detail which is not how you wanted it to look :))

Posted by T-Vey on October 29, 2008, 08:01 PM report to moderator
H

Oooo, Fenrir is very creepy. But why is Slughorn so thin? I see poor Ron actually has to wear the necklace in the movie. Lavender is looking like she will be fantastic in this rendition of the Half-Blood Prince.

Posted by H on October 29, 2008, 08:02 PM report to moderator
Snape_Snake_Snack

Merlin’s pants! What have they done to Narcisa’s hair?? With an astronomic budget, how difficult is it to make a long silver blond wig!!! They have ruined her, she doesn’t have a an effin’ toupe for crying out loud! Arggg! WB better CGI it, NOW honestly!

As for Greyback he’s one scary werewolf! Doesn’t look much like Lupin in movie 3. Actually, he looks like an Underworld lycan. One very ugly scary creature!

Lavender Brown looks all girly girl with her ribbon and curly hair, cute but dunno over the top. I bet she’s also going to be one of those sugary thing that seem cute but get you sick after a while…

Posted by Snape_Snake_Snack on October 29, 2008, 08:10 PM report to moderator
Deb

T-Vey, I believe it’s a testament to Jo’s writing when each reader has formed such a clear interpretation of the characters in his or her mind. Sometimes it’s hard to swallow that someone else’s interpretation (in this case, the filmmaker’s) isn’t the same as yours. Some of the new photos aren’t what I pictured, either, but it doesn’t dampen my spirit for this movie one bit!

Posted by Deb on October 29, 2008, 08:36 PM report to moderator
Mary

Narcissa is totally WRONG!!! She would never wear muggle clothing, and her hair ???? what were they thinking…it should be long and bloude!!! So ruined the anticipation of seeing her on film :(

Posted by Mary on October 29, 2008, 08:38 PM report to moderator
DaedalusDiggle

What is up with Narcissa’s hair? Seriously? Who thought that was in character?

Posted by DaedalusDiggle on October 29, 2008, 08:41 PM report to moderator
Matt C

“Did anyone ever find out why they didn’t re-cast Christian Coulson?”

They did recast him — with two younger actors. I think the right sentence you’re aiming for is “Why didn’t they ask Christian Coulson back?”

Well, David Yates declined to ask CC back because he thought he was too old to play the part (and when they did that CC interview after HBP came out, he looked significantly older than when he shot COS). I’m sure that if CC hadn’t aged that much, he’d been asked back.

But I do think Hero-Fiennes Tiffin and the other kid that they have playing Riddle look like Ralph Fiennes and Coulson, respectively. So it’s not a big loss, and kids can mature a lot in the space of 3 years.

Posted by Matt C on October 29, 2008, 08:45 PM report to moderator
Briana

Fenrir scared the crap out of me when his picture appeared. He is SOOOO scary.

Posted by Briana on October 29, 2008, 08:48 PM report to moderator

"Now... those three curses -- [i]Avada Kedavra,[/i] Imperius, and Cruciatus -- are known as the Unforgivable Curses. The use of any one of them on a fellow human being is enough to earn a life sentence in Azkaban."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014