New Photos of Fenrir Greyback, Narcissa Malfoy and More

HBP Film
October 29, 2008, 01:17 PM

Several new photos from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince have surfaced online. New are looks at Fenrir Greyback, Narcissa Malfoy, Teen Tom Riddle, Head table with Prof. Slughorn, as well as one of  Ron with Lavender Brown, Young Professor Slughorn, Dumbledore and Harry at the train station, another of Professor Slughorn extracting a memory.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is set to open in theaters July 17, 2009.

Thanks to Potterish for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Martha

Wow, Narcissa looks so utterly different from the Narcissa I’ve always imagined in my mind while reading the books, but I guess I’ll just have to get used to it. I mean why on earth is she wearing Muggle clothes instead of robes? It doesn’t seem to fit at all with Lucius’s clothes, which suit him perfectly. But teenage Riddle really does look very much like an older version of child Riddle so that’s good.

Posted by Martha on October 29, 2008, 05:49 PM report to moderator
YodatheHobbit

“They said Cristian Coulson looked too old for the part. I dont remember how said it but I know I read it some where.”
He is too old. You can’t have a 30 year old playing a 16 year old. It just doesn’t work.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on October 29, 2008, 05:52 PM report to moderator
Vincent

Narsissa NOTHING what I imagined so basically a FAIL. Fenrir I imagined more human then that. Slughorn will never be close to what I imagine and whats with that stupid graduation cap hes always wearing. Lavender also some what a FAIL. Young Voldy ok not great but not bad. Dumbledore and Harry at the train station probably just a memory.

Over all not liking them.
I thinks it the whole they moved the movie back and im expecting more kinda feeling.

Posted by Vincent on October 29, 2008, 05:58 PM report to moderator
caroline

FENIR LOOKS LIKE HE HAS SOME SORT OF DISEASE!!
its not even werewolf like!
ahh he is nothing like i imagined him!

this movie is going to be crap. and narcissa is to old…

Posted by caroline on October 29, 2008, 05:59 PM report to moderator
YodatheHobbit

“ravesfave’s right- grayback looks like a halloween costume… slaps forehead
and narcissa looks like… not like narcissa … for some reason they keep forgetting that riddle used to be HANDSOME
and meh for the rest”
No. Each individual hair on the neck, face and forehead has been glued to the skin separately. It take hours of work to do this.
You are insulting the make up people here who constantly create fine work.
Do people not see the prosthetic appliance?!
It is far more complicated than any Halloween costume. To say so is just wrong. It does not.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on October 29, 2008, 06:06 PM report to moderator
kamion

most reactions about this Narcissa are that she looks like Cruella deVille, my first reaction was : KATLEEN TURNER, SERIAL MUM, COAT FROM MY MOTHERS TEENAGE WARDROBE…. and my mum is in her 70-ties.
Complete wrong kind of clothing, too much the ‘50-ties, should be the kind of dressing like in “Titanic”,
this is definately not " the lady that would nice looking if she hadn’t been wearing a look that suggested there was a nasty smell under her nose."
this is a puffy face that tries to be arrogant. Good McCrory got pregnant, because else she would have been haunting us two. three year earlier.

Posted by kamion on October 29, 2008, 06:09 PM report to moderator
Jake

“But who cares about that. I care about Narcissa! She’s horrible. Gosh. Helen looks so effing old! It’s really disgusting. I thought Cissy was young, pretty, and thin? Not the total opposite! And that hair … ugh !”
That’s horribly mean. She is 5 years younger than every fan girls precious Jason Isaacs. People need to learn some manners.

Posted by Jake on October 29, 2008, 06:13 PM report to moderator
kamion

with that stupid graduation cap hes always wearing
that, my dear Vincent, is the teacher’s cap which is standard attire to an Oxford Don, and from which the USA graduation cap is nicked.

And to be honest, it is about the only thing on this interpretation of Slughorn that is right. For the rest he should be fat, short and walruss like, And less drabby colored.

Posted by kamion on October 29, 2008, 06:17 PM report to moderator
HufflePuffle11

Greyback doesn’t look like I imagined him. I mean, he looks more like some weirdo creature than my idea of a werewolf. That’s just me though.

As for the Ron and Lavender—YUCK! I absolutely HATE Ron and Lavender together. (If you can’t tell, I’m a huge Ron/Hermione fan)

I like the one of Slughorn extracting the memory. It would be better if he had the walrus mustache though…

Posted by HufflePuffle11 on October 29, 2008, 06:19 PM report to moderator
Kailey

Greyback looks really super scary. I could hardly look.
So awesome!!!!!!!!

Posted by Kailey on October 29, 2008, 06:23 PM report to moderator
dobbyrox

EWWWWWW…… Narcissa is totally wrong. I imagined her much, much prettier than that. She reminds me of the evil lady in 101 dalmations…. what’s her name??
And what’s Dumbledore doing in the train station with Harry?
??

Posted by dobbyrox on October 29, 2008, 06:30 PM report to moderator
Random Person

Dude, Fenrir gives me the creeps!!!!! :-0 My little sister might not want to see that on the big screen. That pic of Sluggy extracting a memory makes him look like he’s in pain. Lol. Narcissa Malfoy looks a little too old to me, and her hair bothers me. Still, at least she doesn’t have a big part in the movie. Riddle looks almost like what I imagined him to be, just add sharper features and make the hair jet black.

Posted by Random Person on October 29, 2008, 06:35 PM report to moderator
Tom

Why does everyone want Mrs Malfoy to look like Lucius? Yes they’re similar in the books, but on film it would be creepy! They’re meant to be hubby and wife, not brother and sister, who share haircare tips!

Posted by Tom on October 29, 2008, 06:53 PM report to moderator
Courteni

Sue Upton > Narcissa Malfoy.

Posted by Courteni on October 29, 2008, 07:13 PM report to moderator
Kerri

" i wonder if Dumbledore will make useof his scar that is an exact map of the London Underground" HAHAHAHAHAHA

Posted by Kerri on October 29, 2008, 07:19 PM report to moderator

"Dobby must do it, sir, for Harry Potter's own good."[br]The pudding fell to the floor with a heart-stopping crash. Cream splattered the windows and walls as the dish shattered. With a crack like a whip, Dobby vanished.