New Photos of Fenrir Greyback, Narcissa Malfoy and More

HBP Film
October 29, 2008, 01:17 PM

Several new photos from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince have surfaced online. New are looks at Fenrir Greyback, Narcissa Malfoy, Teen Tom Riddle, Head table with Prof. Slughorn, as well as one of  Ron with Lavender Brown, Young Professor Slughorn, Dumbledore and Harry at the train station, another of Professor Slughorn extracting a memory.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is set to open in theaters July 17, 2009.

Thanks to Potterish for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Libby

I thought their logic from the beginning was to make Lavender look a little bit like Hermione. It kind of triggers why Ron might like her (because her character, like Cho’s, doesn’t have many attributes we’d normally associate as being “right” for Ron relationship-wise, but her looking a bit like Hermione adds the tension and plenty more jealousy for Hermione- making her feel like Lavender is prettier to Ron than she is, though that’s not the only reason he actually likes Hermione).

Posted by Libby on October 29, 2008, 04:35 PM report to moderator
Corey

Fenrir looks like Makani’s version!

Posted by Corey on October 29, 2008, 04:37 PM report to moderator
Audrey

Fenrir = good. and creepy :)
Narcissa = NO WAYYY that picture is horrible
Tom Riddle = Can you say “Absolutley noT!”
Slughorn = I never liked how he looked
Lavender and Ron= No way, hated this pic

Posted by Audrey on October 29, 2008, 04:46 PM report to moderator
becca

omg!! how can you NOT love the way they did fenrir!! if i were hermionie i would be sooo freaked out!! just try to picture him about to bite hermionie!! yikes!!

Posted by becca on October 29, 2008, 04:50 PM report to moderator
muggle

ravesfave’s right- grayback looks like a halloween costume… slaps forehead
and narcissa looks like… not like narcissa … for some reason they keep forgetting that riddle used to be HANDSOME
and meh for the rest

Posted by muggle on October 29, 2008, 04:58 PM report to moderator
Helena Dax

I don’t like Narcissa in the picture at all. She looks older than Lucius, when she’s younger, and her hair is ridiculous.

It’s me or Fenrir is wearing a silver earring?

Posted by Helena Dax on October 29, 2008, 05:05 PM report to moderator
Thio

I don’t really think Lavender looks like Hermione at all. In the trailer some people might have confused them because it goes by so fast… but apart from that I don’t think WB planned to make them look alike.

Is Ron wearing the “my sweetheart” necklace on that picture?

And what the heck is Dumbledore doing with Harry on that train station?
“Harry!! You know how to aparate?”
“Er… sorry sir… no!”
“Well…. two train tickets then!”

Posted by Thio on October 29, 2008, 05:13 PM report to moderator
lionpaws

I was expecting an extremely handsome actor for teen Voldy… guess not, young tom looks creepier than teen tom. Greyback freaked me out! Narcissa looks like she has a permanent hat on her head.

Posted by lionpaws on October 29, 2008, 05:17 PM report to moderator
belladonna

Narcissa is awful, what’s with the hair. The director is responsible for approving the way the actors look, once again David Yates screws it up

Posted by belladonna on October 29, 2008, 05:20 PM report to moderator
Lily Potter :)

I Like them, but for some reason Teen Tom Riddle looks nothing like i imagened him ….. but i like it though ! LOVE the pic with Ron and Lavender ! Ron keeps looking away in all of the pictures with him and Lav – Lav… I hope he’s looking at Hermione !!! I still want to know why people are confusing Hermione and Lavender, they look nothing alike !! Lavender is more chubby at the face and Hermione never wears her hair in pigtails with little bows on them ! Hermione’s hair isn’t that long either . OMG , Fenrir is scary as hell, i screamed when i saw him !! Scared the living crap out of me ……

Posted by Lily Potter :) on October 29, 2008, 05:27 PM report to moderator
Christine

I don’t know .. Fenrir is weird in my opinion. Too fake and big.

But who cares about that. I care about Narcissa! She’s horrible. Gosh. Helen looks so effing old! It’s really disgusting. I thought Cissy was young, pretty, and thin? Not the total opposite! And that hair … ugh !

Posted by Christine on October 29, 2008, 05:29 PM report to moderator
Shannon

I imagined Narcissa a bit more frail looking by this book. And the hair is weird.
Doris – Christian Coulson is too old now. Over 30. They’ve mentioned that a couple times in interviews…

Posted by Shannon on October 29, 2008, 05:30 PM report to moderator
RadFamTrio

Fenrir is creepy, gross and totally spot on!! Narsissa…..she looks like Draco’s Grandmother with that hair!! The clothes and posturing are Malfoy enough, but seriously….fire the hair designer!!! The rest are fine, but I do agree that in shots we have so far they should have made more of a contrast to Hermione and Lavender.

Posted by RadFamTrio on October 29, 2008, 05:33 PM report to moderator
YodatheHobbit

Hair does not a character make.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on October 29, 2008, 05:43 PM report to moderator
LemonFaerie

Personally I am very pleased with the photos. I think Narcissa looks pretty close to what I was imagining (and way better than I feared after never seeing a hint of blond anywhere during pre-production) and Fenrir is just… wow. Scary!

Posted by LemonFaerie on October 29, 2008, 05:47 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

Mr. Weasley was slumped in a kitchen chair with his glasses off and his eyes closed. He was a thin man, going bald, but the little hair he had was as red as any of his children's. He was wearing long green robes, which were dusty and travel-worn.