"Half-Blood Prince" Named Most Anticipated Film from MovieTickets.com

HBP Film
Posted by: Edward
October 29, 2008, 05:39 PM

A new poll from MoiveTickets.com asked fans to choose the film they are most anticipating in the coming year.  Fans voted from August till October and picked the upcoming "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" film as number one.  The poll indicates that the sixth Harry Potter film is more anticipated by those polled than other future high-profile releases such as the sequels to "X-Men," "Transformers," "Ice Age," and "Night at the Museum."  In regards to the results of this poll, Garry Hiller, a president for MovieTickets.com, is quoted as saying: "These polling results provide very early, valuable insight into comparative long-lead moviegoer awareness and interest levels."  The Top 10 List of Most Anticipated Films from MovieTickets.com is as follows:

•     1.  "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"
  •     2.  "X-Men Origins: Wolverine"
  •     3.  "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen"
  •     4.  "Public Enemies"
  •     5.  "Angels & Demons"
  •     6.  "Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian"
  •     7.  "The Informant"
  •     8.  "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs"
  •     9.  "The Day the Earth Stood Still"
  •     10. "The Taking of Pelham 123"
As readers are aware, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" arrives in theaters July 17, 2009.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Hufflepuff rocks!

Whoohoooooooo HP!!!!!!!

Of course this sort of a “well, DUH!!” moment!

:D

And Wolverine should be great, too!!!!!

Posted by Hufflepuff rocks! on October 29, 2008, 05:42 PM report to moderator
lionpaws

Well of course!!!! I can’t wait for this movie!

Posted by lionpaws on October 29, 2008, 05:46 PM report to moderator
Martha

Ooooh, big surprise. Not! I think anyone could have predicted that.

Posted by Martha on October 29, 2008, 05:56 PM report to moderator
becca

omg. there is NO surprize there, i can truthfully say that harry potter movies are thee bessttt EVEERRR!!! WOOT WOOT!! so random: i love you rupert!

Posted by becca on October 29, 2008, 05:59 PM report to moderator
Andrew

So shocking, NOT! LOL ! Go Harry Potter!!!! I never knew Dan Brown’s Angels & Demons would be made into a motion picture, can’t wait to see that as well… but yeah, Harry Potter!!!

Posted by Andrew on October 29, 2008, 06:01 PM report to moderator
bella vita

Of course it is! It was the most anticipated movie for 2008 too, but we all know what happened to that so of course now that we suddenly have to wait another year before we can see it our anticipation is going to be through the roof. I mean come on did you geniuses over at movietickets.com seriously need a poll to tell you that one? HP will always come out on top!

Posted by bella vita on October 29, 2008, 06:13 PM report to moderator
Taylor

I would except nothing less, though i don’t think the movie will due justice to the 6th book whatsoever. I’’m sure they’ll leave out tons of information as they’ve done in each other film.

Posted by Taylor on October 29, 2008, 06:25 PM report to moderator
Gandalfxj9

How is it that Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (apparently the most anticipated movie of 2009) FAILED to make the top 3 choice for both females and males? And Night at the Museum 2, the sixth most anticipated movie of 2009 MADE the top three choices for both females and males. I don’t get it.

Posted by Gandalfxj9 on October 29, 2008, 06:47 PM report to moderator
emmy

See? That’s why Warner Bros. postponed the film. More hype!

Posted by emmy on October 29, 2008, 06:56 PM report to moderator
H

Of course it is better than other sequels, because Harry Potter is seven parts of a whole rather than- well that was cool, let’s try and draw it out. Its certainly the movie I’m most anticipating in 2009, though I did not vote in this poll.

Posted by H on October 29, 2008, 07:53 PM report to moderator
Corey

Bella, have you heard of a little film called The Dark Knight? I’m pretty sure it was the most anticipated of 2008.

Posted by Corey on October 29, 2008, 08:03 PM report to moderator
Crown Victoria

I guess Warner Brothers knows what ther’re doing

Posted by Crown Victoria on October 29, 2008, 08:12 PM report to moderator
Christine

Why am I not surprised?

Posted by Christine on October 29, 2008, 09:06 PM report to moderator
decarus

I think Indiana Jones was pretty anticipated as well.

This made me realize how many bad films are out now that night at the museum 2 would make a most anticipated list.

Posted by decarus on October 29, 2008, 10:35 PM report to moderator
jennifer

That’s awesome! Public Enemies is high on my list too, because it was filmed in my hometown :) I <3 Johnny Depp.

Posted by jennifer on October 29, 2008, 11:16 PM report to moderator

"Ron," said Harry quietly, "I haven't got a problem with Hermione coming with [br]Krum --"[br]But Ron ignored Harry too.[br]"Why don't you go and find Vicky, he'll be wondering where you are," said Ron.[br][i]"Don't call him Vicky!"[/i]

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014