Cedric Diggory Meets Salvador Dali

Pattinson
October 29, 2008, 04:46 PM

Much ado has been made of late regarding Robert Pattinson's (Cedric Diggory) new role in the upcoming Twilight Film, however fans will note the actor is also due to appear in another film called "Little Ashes." Empire Online has a photo here of Robert as a young Salvador Dali, as he appears in  the film about the painter's early life with the avant garde scene in Madrid. You can also see more of Robert as Salvador Dali here via Entertainment Weekly, as well as MTV.com  Little Ashes is due in theaters  2009.

Finally, if you have not yet seen the latest Twilight trailer with Robert, you can do so at the Twilight website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Pattinson News

Gerard

Hey, I’m from Catalunya, the land of Salvador Dalí. Some of my family knew Dalí’s family and I’ve been to his two most famous homes (both are museums now). Here we know very well the works of Dalí (also Picasso, who is also from Catalunya) and we know how he was. He DID HAVE this horrible moustache and seems like he was very very crazy. So yes, Robert looks ridiculous bit Dalí also did.

Posted by Gerard on October 31, 2008, 11:43 AM report to moderator
Sarah

MIONE:
Clearly you haven’t even read the Twilight series. Its much more than just a vampire love story. Its about what makes a person human, temptation, guilt, passion.
And it also deals with serious REAL topics like suicide, rape, pregnancy, abortion, the Civil War. The Twilight books are so personal and easier to relate to than Potter., They are set in the real world, not a magical castle.
Being a vampire in the twilight books is more like a sad disease, rather than being a silly monster who sleeps in a coffin. The Cullens all have very sad tragic pasts and they have to deal with that aswell as their guilt for killing people and their temptation for blood.
JK Rowlings books tend to focus and plot and somtimes lack real emotion. And also, isn’t anyone sick of goblins, wands, house elves and flying dragons?
Wouldn’t most people think that vampires are cooler and for a more grown up audience. Thats what I think anyway.

Anyway enough about Twilight. I think Rob is one of the finest young actors in the business. Little Ashes will definitley open doors for him. I’ve read the descriptions of the more intense scenes and all i have to say is “Well done Rob!!”
The chemistry and passion between Rob and Javier (Dali and Lorca) in this film is supposed to be beyond amazing, and apparently Rob does both sex scenes (the gay love scene and the scene where he “jacks off” while watching Lora make love to Magdelina) with such raw emotion and passion.
This film will make Brokeback Mountain look like mainstream, silly crap.
I hope this film gets nominated for an Oscar, I really do. It totally deserves one.
If Brokeback Mountain can win an oscar then Little Ashes should win 10!
Not kidding!

Posted by Sarah on November 01, 2008, 12:25 AM report to moderator
Sarah

P.S. MIONE:

What do you mean there’s no bravery in Twilight.
Bella has risked her life repeatedly for her loved ones.
She tracked down James to save her mother and she was totally willing to die for her mother. And thats just one example, i’m too lazy to list all the others lol. She has always been brave and self-sacrificing, even more than Harry I think.

Posted by Sarah on November 01, 2008, 12:28 AM report to moderator
Cree

hahahah. weird.

Posted by Cree on November 01, 2008, 11:46 AM report to moderator
Britneeh

Wow.. He looks so..not hot there :(

Posted by Britneeh on November 01, 2008, 01:26 PM report to moderator
Thamyris  (BRASILEIRÍSSIMA)

Eu amo o Rob.
ele é D+
lindo, sex, maravilhoso, inteligente,… Simplesmente PERFEITOOOO.
:) :D

Posted by Thamyris (BRASILEIRÍSSIMA) on November 01, 2008, 07:12 PM report to moderator
Elyzie

Salvador Dali is awesome, Rob is awesome, and that moustache is epic.

I’m excited about the movie but I hope they show it here!

Posted by Elyzie on November 01, 2008, 08:56 PM report to moderator
Iolanthe

Ha ha that stache looks painted on…Dali would approve!

@ mione…what do you mean he’s a “traitor”? As far as I know, Cedric Diggory was only in one book and died. Did you think they would bring him back or cast Robert as somebody else? That he should never accept any other parts in the movies? I don’t understand what you mean.

Posted by Iolanthe on November 02, 2008, 02:56 PM report to moderator
lisa

i dont know much about twilight but my friend wont shut up about it. i think harry potter is cooler but i didnt read twilight

Posted by lisa on November 05, 2008, 12:41 PM report to moderator
Bob the duck

Needs more ocelot.

Sorry, I have exotic cats on the brain, and ever since I saw that picture of Salvador Dali with his pet ocelot, that image has been burned into my brain.

Posted by Bob the duck on November 18, 2008, 07:45 PM report to moderator

I saw this movie!!!! It was completely and utterly brilliant!!!!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 30, 2009, 11:53 PM report to moderator

I saw this movie!!!! It was completely and utterly brilliant!!!!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 30, 2009, 11:53 PM report to moderator

I saw this movie!!!! It was completely and utterly brilliant!!!!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 30, 2009, 11:53 PM report to moderator

I saw this movie!!!! It was completely and utterly brilliant!!!!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 30, 2009, 11:53 PM report to moderator

I saw this movie!!!! It was completely and utterly brilliant!!!!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 30, 2009, 11:53 PM report to moderator

"...you don't like dementors, do you, Albus?" said Moody with a sardonic smile.[br]"No," said Dumbledore calmly, "I'm afraid I don't. I have long felt the Ministry is wrong to ally itself with such creatures."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014