Cedric Diggory Meets Salvador Dali

Pattinson
October 29, 2008, 04:46 PM

Much ado has been made of late regarding Robert Pattinson's (Cedric Diggory) new role in the upcoming Twilight Film, however fans will note the actor is also due to appear in another film called "Little Ashes." Empire Online has a photo here of Robert as a young Salvador Dali, as he appears in  the film about the painter's early life with the avant garde scene in Madrid. You can also see more of Robert as Salvador Dali here via Entertainment Weekly, as well as MTV.com  Little Ashes is due in theaters  2009.

Finally, if you have not yet seen the latest Twilight trailer with Robert, you can do so at the Twilight website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Pattinson News

Dez

Wow, he looks a lot like Salcador Dali! What an interesting role to play, as Dali was one interesting fellow, to say the least!!! Has anyone ever seen the video Dali made with Rip Torn where he hatches out of a humongous egg?? Its a trip! Definitley a great career move Ced

Posted by Dez on October 30, 2008, 01:21 AM report to moderator
twilight killer

lol he looks so stuipid but funny.

Posted by twilight killer on October 30, 2008, 06:39 AM report to moderator
mione

TRAITOR!!!!
He is a traitor and disgrace to all us HP fans! :(

Posted by mione on October 30, 2008, 07:59 AM report to moderator
longliveRemus

Hmm, I like the look of Lorca too!

Posted by longliveRemus on October 30, 2008, 08:12 AM report to moderator
Bre

HAHAHAHA looks at picture again dies

Posted by Bre on October 30, 2008, 11:00 AM report to moderator
Leif Longbottom

I’d be looking forward to this movie no matter who was starring. Dali rocks. If you ever go to Spain, check out his house: its like wonderland.

Yea I don’t understand the Twilight – HP comparisons either. Robert Pattinson is probably the biggest thing they have in common. That said, I really liked the Twilight series (especially that trippy last book) and am looking forward to the movie.
Have you ever seen some of the short films Dali made? I hope they re-shot that egg n the beach one. That’s weird.
I would say the only thing that would make him cooler is if he played MC Escher but Dali definitely has a stranger existence.

Is Robert Spanish? I ask because the characters he’s been playing, are.

Posted by Leif Longbottom on October 30, 2008, 11:13 AM report to moderator
seena

Twilight= Eh….
I really think the books are just poorly written and the last one was terrible! But good for Robert, I just hope they dont even bother with anymore of the movies…they are so just Eh..
That mustache can not be reall.lol I also cant stand the comparison…HP and Twilight aren’t even in the same Universe….no way…not even close…

Posted by seena on October 30, 2008, 11:56 AM report to moderator
Sarah

Robert is such a great actor, so versatile. He has an amazing talent for really becoming the character in his mind. I would strongly advise younger twilight and hp fans to stay away from this movie as it has very graphic scenes. It would just scare most of them.
This movie will show people what Rob is really made out of as an actor.
I have heard nothing but great things about Rob and his co-star Javier and the amazing chemistry between them, especially in the water scene where they try and commsumate their relationship but can’t and at the end when they are reunited after 8 years appart. The mustache is awsome, he really looks a lot like Dali.
BTW, Twilight ROCKS, Its just as good as Potter, if not better. It has sex apeal, and lets face it, vampires are just cooler than wizards. And Twilight deals with some pretty grown up issues, which is one of the reasons i like it more than Potter in some ways. The characters are just so…real in Twilght. And i love that its set in the real world instead of a magical castle. Just to clarify i am NOT insulting Potter, i love Potter. I just happen to love Twilight more. And the trailers for Twilight have been amazing! They are staying completely true to the book, (unlike David Yates lol) and Robert has completely become Edward Cullen. AWSOME!

Posted by Sarah on October 30, 2008, 12:50 PM report to moderator
Hedwig June

LOL! This is a little bit off-topic, but when I first saw this, I read the line: “Much ado has been made of late regarding Robert Pattinson’s..” as “Much ado has been made regarding the LATE Robert Pattinson…” and I nearly lost my eyeballs. Teehee.

Posted by Hedwig June on October 30, 2008, 12:54 PM report to moderator
Carol Carvalho

I can’t wait to see this movie! I don’t get why people are criticizing the look of this picture… Do you know who Salvador Dali was? What he looked like? does It look weird? Then it is perfect! C’mon people.
If Robert is a great actor this movie can be amazing, There is a lot of layers to this character and some settle details that can be quite disturbing about his personality. I hope he does a marvelous job bringing this character to the screen otherwise this movie will suck.

Posted by Carol Carvalho on October 30, 2008, 02:14 PM report to moderator
Sarah

Just so you know seena and mione, Twilight rocks and the movies are going to be just as successful as the potter movies, if not more successful. Mainly because the story is much better, more mature and intense and they have actors who can actually ACT.
I’m sorry but Rob vs. Dan.
Rob wins, every time. Hands down. Dan cannot act for crap.
SEENA, you’re right. Twilight and Potter are not in the same universe, because Twilight is far far better lol. I’ll pick sexy vampires over lame wizards any day. The writing may not be all that great, but the story surpasses potter in every way.

Posted by Sarah on October 30, 2008, 02:39 PM report to moderator
Sarah

P.S. I don’t want to argue, so don’t try and convice me that Potter is better because it just isn’t in my opinion and you’ll never change my mind.

Posted by Sarah on October 30, 2008, 02:41 PM report to moderator
David

…!

I may just have a fit. (Of happy. xD)

Posted by David on October 30, 2008, 03:34 PM report to moderator
Hedwig June

hopes against hope that not all little girls’ expectations about their real-life “Edward” don’t send them into a Vortex of Disappointment – no man is like that, and the REAL stories never end that way!

Posted by Hedwig June on October 30, 2008, 04:40 PM report to moderator
mione

@Sarah,
How can you say Twilight has a better story than HP!!!???
Twilight is NOT even a story, it’s just a whiny girl who falls in love with a vampire….the end!
On the other hand, HP cover alot more than just one type of love….it covers friendship, family, loyalty, bullies, bravery and soooo much more!

Posted by mione on October 31, 2008, 01:55 AM report to moderator

He bent down and pulled his wand out of the troll's nose. It was covered in what looked like lumpy gray glue.[br]"Urgh -- troll boogers."